[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>MFW I find out Stronglifts is a meme You got me, you fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
>MFW I find out Stronglifts is a meme

You got me, you fucking got me good.
>>
File: vgvb.jpg (21 KB, 217x233) Image search: [Google]
vgvb.jpg
21 KB, 217x233
>mfw I found out /fit/ is fucking retarded
>>
>>36751285
That bike is shit
>>
For me any routine that uses sets with less than 8 reps is a meme routine.
>>
>mfw I find out everyone on fit is a dyel bottom and only saves hot guys they find on grindr to claim it's them and pretend that they lift
>>
>>36751322
Seriously, why recommend to a beginner that just wants to look good a power lifting routine that focuses on legs?
>>
>>36751322
what cycle are you on?
>>
>>36751349
Because a beginner that starts on a beginner linear progression routine and then moves on to something like an upper/lower split after they begin stalling is going to look better in a year than the guy who started with a retarded brosplit.
>>
>>36751349
My sides. You blue pill reddit kids make me feel like such a success. It's so nice having my parents actually be proud of me.
>>
>Been doing 5x5 for 5 months and seeing gains in muscle mass and strength.
>Start to hit a wall.
BW 85kg
Squat 85kg
BP 57.5kg
OHP 47.5kg
Row 65kg

Is it time to move on to an intermediate routine or should i keep pushing with 5x5?
Im at a calorie deficit at the moment as im trying to lose the last bit of fat on my lower stomach (just wont fucking go) but im making sure to consume 170g of protein/day. Is my lack of calorie intake hurting my gains?
>>
>>36751285
>a routine made up by an arab who looks like shit is a meme routine

you're a slow one
>>
>>36751483
How tall are you? it looks like you're a fat fuck
I got slightly superior lifts at 68kg
I'm a 176cm manlet tho
>>
>>36751408
But why squat so much when most guys aren't going to care about having sexy thighs and buns.
And you can still do hypertrophy full-body 3x/week and progress linearly. No need to power lift or brosplit. It's safer and you will see better gains.
*also prehab should just be written into beginner routines.
>>
>>36751533
6 ft 2 inch
189 cm
>>
>>36751461
Red pill me faggot
if you can
>>
>>36751597
That explains it. You can use http://symmetricstrength.com/ to see if you're intermmediate already.
>>
>>36751483
167 cm 62 kg extramanlet on 5x5 with better lifts here.

In the past I hit those "walls" several times. Each time I took a week off to "deload" and focus on something else, like cycling, hiking, etc, i.e. to let my body recover from pushing too hard.

After a week I return to the gym with a fresh head and a fresh body and basically I relearn those lifts I had been stalling with. I meticulously check my form and approach, and each time, I have realized I did something wrong, something with my form was off from perfect. So I correct those errors and move on with my progress.

Keep doing it bro, we are going to make it!
>>
>>36751613
>>36751620

Thanks bros.

Fucked up before, at 83kg BW. Going to keep cutting, really want that last bit of fat gone, recovering fatass.

>mfw when girls start smiling at me again.

I cant believe i ever let myself get to the state i was in.
>>
>>36751613
>>36751712
Stats have nothing to do with picking a routine.
Some people can ride out SS/SL into advanced numbers, while some can't even reach intermediate.
>>
>>36751608
It's not something that people do funded studies on, but in fitness communities there are large enough sample sizes and enough people noticing to outline these principles

>a person who establishes basic barbell strength and moves to a split will see better results than a person that just begins with a split
>this likely has something to do with the body becoming accustomed to steady progressive overload (barbell routines are more easily tracked by novices and are more consistently improved on)
>barbell strength carries over to auxiliaries that will be incorporated in splits, but not the inverse

Part of it is building a base to start from while another part is learning to track progress and develop discipline and a planned routing. Someone just starting out will likely have a terrible split.
>>
>>36751592

You squat so much because it's the single most important lift for overall strength and the muscles used are large and can easily recover when you're a beginner. Also girls love strong butts.
>>
>>36751852
I do like how barbells are easier to add small increments to, but so many beginners have imbalances (rt arm stronger than lt) that some dumbbell work would be crucial.
They won't have a terrible split starting out if we don't recommend a terrible split.
>>
>>36752032
Assuming they follow it 100%. The thing is that splits are specific to each person's needs-so it's extremely difficult to give good advice unless you have been lifting for a while and are a good judge of the other person's body.

The majority of even fit posters aren't advanced enough to do that.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.