[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I do 5-3-1 back-squats + 5x10 front squats on Tuesday and then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Beyond531program.jpg (87 KB, 738x415) Image search: [Google]
Beyond531program.jpg
87 KB, 738x415
I do 5-3-1 back-squats + 5x10 front squats on Tuesday

and then 5-3-1 front squats + 5x10 back-squats on the Friday.

Do you think this guy would be made that i dropped deadlifts out his routine? I don't compete in powerlifting so there's no reason for me to deadlift + I personally believe back squats and front squats are actually functional and applicable to real world.
>>
>>36746677
>Do you think this guy would be made

mad*
>>
>>36746677
who gives a shit if he's mad
>>
>>36746695
I don't.

I forgot to mention I also do 5x10 Stiff-Leg DL's after the 5-3-1 + 5x10 squats, so im still getting hamstring focused work in.
>>
File: Jon-Pall-Sigmarsson.jpg (943 KB, 1516x1536) Image search: [Google]
Jon-Pall-Sigmarsson.jpg
943 KB, 1516x1536
>>36746677
>being alive
>not deadlifting

Pick one.
>>
>>36746677
So you're running boring but bigger? Ive been doing this for a bit and was wondering what people thought about it.
>>
>>36746677

5/3/1 is a terrible program that you should never do.
>>
>>36746747
Yeah, it's fun.

Ok I'll be honest with you guys, the main reason I replaced the 5-3-1 deadlifts with front-squats is because I was damaging the concrete flooring in my garage. I am renting a house (from my parents). Back in November (2015) my old man came over to "inspect" the property and I was deadlifting, he lost his shit when he saw all these cracks and lines that have appeared since I started living there (and deadlifting in the garage) So basically, I can't do conventional deadlifts, I can only do shit like Stiff-Leg Deadlifts in high rep ranges (5x10) I cannot do 5-3-1 conventionals, just can't.

That said, I still love 5-3-1 and don't want to stop it just because I cannot do the 5-3-1 deadlifts on it. Everything is fine in regards to the program.
>>
>>36746754
Why not? I fucking love it. It's like the only program where I've been able to successfully break through year long plateaus. It's also the program I look the best on compared to everything else I've done in the last 5 years.

I honestly can't believe I didn't discover it earlier, been on it for 6 months now. Fucking rapes the shit out of every other routine I've tried.
>>
>>36746807
Thanks for input breh
>>
>>36746807
you should invest in some horse mats from amazon to help prevent the concrete from cracking
>>
>>36746807
Buy a fucking mat
>>
>>36746841
No worries man, I highly recommend it. It's only 4 days, but fairly high volume. I've done all kinds of routines in the last 5 years and I can say for a fact 5-3-1 is easily the best one I've ever done. It's helped me get through so many plateaus, not only that but it's just fucking fun. The progressive overload is really simple and easy to follow + you get to have "fun" sets after your main lift where you can just all out on.

>>36746860
>>36746870

I am looking into this now, what do you guys recommend? I've been looking at it for the last few weeks but unsure as exactly what I should get. 10mm thick? 15mm thick? 17mm thick? Also, the garage is cold in the winter and hot in the summer, so isn't that going to fuck up the rubber?
>>
>>36746909
You should really lay down plywood first and put the mats on the plywood. It will help distribute the impact a lot better. 3/4" plywood is the same thickness of horse stall mats, so you can stand on wood and have the weights rest on the rubber at the same height.

Google lifting platforms, and you'll see some ideas.
>>
>>36747260
Hmmm.....seems like an effort to build one myself out of plywood and rubber mats. But the pre-built ones are like $800 here in Australia.

How sure are you guys that it would stop the concrete floor in the garage from being damaged even more? Not sure if it's worth it now.
>>
>>36747287
If you don't do something, you will destroy the concrete.

It's really easy to do...It will take you one day and a box of screws to put it together.

http://straighttothebar.com/articles/2009/03/diy_how_to_build_an_olympic_we/

I did this, and skipped the glue. Hasn't been necessary.
>>
File: 1433728192427.jpg (161 KB, 625x560) Image search: [Google]
1433728192427.jpg
161 KB, 625x560
>>36746677
>picking something up
>unfunctional
>replace with oly-specific hard-on-the-knees lift

Please die.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.