[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does quitting smoking help fitness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: cig.jpg (194 KB, 668x528) Image search: [Google]
cig.jpg
194 KB, 668x528
Does quitting smoking help fitness?
>>
>>36739469
No smoking more helps
>>
>>36739469
It sure helps your lungs and, by extension, improves your physical performance
>>
>>36739469
Depends how much you smoke
>>
>>36739469

Smoking dilates arteries and veins so more blood are forced into your muscles. I always have a cigarette before cardio so I don't loose any lean muscle mass, granted it's a trivial amount, but a loss is a loss.
>>
>>36739469
I quit smoking 2 months ago and holy shit it made a huge difference. I chewed about a half tin a day and smoke a pack plus a day. That and cocaine made me develop some heart disease. Quit the cocaine, quit the dip, and finally quit the cig, as well as eating better - couldn't feel healthier in a pretty short period of time (~6 months altogether)
>>
Yes, it improves lung function but only to an extent. That's why the best thing to do for your lungs is to quit smoking for 2 months then start again for 2 months in cycles.
>>
>tfw had to quit because can't afford cigarettes anymore
>>
>>36739569
yeah that was the case for me +yellow teeth and smelly hands
>>
>>36739594
Fuck man they're 11.50 a pack now where I live and I smoked a little more than a pack a day so I was spending 75+ dollars a week
>>
>>36739609
yeah its 6 pounds for the cheapest ones here in UK. I tried rolling my own but fuck that shit ain't nobody got time for this
>>
>>36739662
Yeah fuck rolling them
>>
who /packaday/ here?
smoking has had very little impact on my health. actually Ive lost more weight since I started smoking. went from 270 to 235 since last may, around the time I started smoking. mind you I had been working out fairly regularly a few months before than and never lost more than 15 pounds. Im not saying smoking helps or hurts gains. juat that I personally see little correlation betweem the two.
>>
>>36740643
Wait until you've been /packaday/ for a few years and the heart disease starts to kick in.
>>
>>36740643
>what is cardio health
>what is lung cancer
>what is heart disease

The nicotine, like other stimulants, can help slightly with appetite. But it's very negative healthwise
>>
>tfw you realize you've been smoking for close to 10 years now

Jesus christ, where did the time go.
>>
Quit a month ago and besides the obvious cardio gains im surprised how much it helps at lifting too. Need much less time resting between sets and recovering faster. Also the quitting cardio boost makes you more energetic and faster in the gym too so less time spent there since quitting.

>>36740643
Please quit while you still havent smoked for years. Do you want to feel like drowning 247 in twenty years? Also yes, smoking suppresses hunger significantly
>>
>>36741753
I mean i didnt quit cardio but got boost from quitting smoking
>>
>>36740643
Yeah, hows your cardio ?
Couple years and your teeth start getting yellow

oh and the black lungs, thats always fun

quitting is winning
>>
>>36739469
Fuck I'm so sick of these retarded threads. If you quit smoking, you're gonna lose all your gains. Smoke more faggot.
>>
>>36739469
Yes.
Smoking and vaping are going to put stress on your lungs. It can get in the way of cardio, and is terrible for general health.
Try Snus, pasteurized tobacco isn't as bad for your health.
>>
>>36739469
yes. i quit two months ago and picked up running.
>>
Anyone have tips for quitting? I'm smoking about 10-15 a day right now and i fucking hate it but i can't stop. Tried heaps of products like nicotine patches and spray but nothings helping.
>>
File: tumblr_mictxbZcnG1qdjhrgo1_500.jpg (58 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mictxbZcnG1qdjhrgo1_500.jpg
58 KB, 500x384
>25 years old
>started smoking 1 year ago
>was drug-addicted for 5 years (opioids)
>quit drugs in january, cigs 2 weeks ago
>picked up swimming, lifting, running
>picked up healthy eating
>never felt better in my whole fucking life
>building up endurance, getting broader
>never want to go back
>>
>>36741865
Try vaping, and progressively lowering the amount of nicotine in your juice.
Or with snus.
>>
>>36742003
I don't want to look like a faggot though
>>
>>36742012
I know, it's the worst.
Get a small setup, and then just try to vape in private?
>>
>>36742003
I'll second vaping. It got me to quit cigarettes. I still vape, and strangely, my cardio is loads better than it was with cigarettes. I'm going to drop the vaping soon as well. I'm down to 3mg juice and barely hitting it at all.
>>
>>36741883
Try amphetamines
Great for cutting and fun once every other month
>>
Does anyone knows how to quit without gaining weight?
>>
>>36742043
Same here.
Vapor is less taxing than smoke.
I've got to quit soon to enter Job Corps.
>>
>>36742057
< suggesting a former drug addict try a new drug
>not assuming he has already tried everything under the sun

Yeah, great advice. KEK
>>
>>36739522
It destroys arteries and blood vessels...
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.