[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can bench press more than I'm able to get into position.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: end_my_life.jpg (65 KB, 519x519) Image search: [Google]
end_my_life.jpg
65 KB, 519x519
I can bench press more than I'm able to get into position. Yesterday I had to lift the barbell onto the edge of my knees and roll it along my body (including over my dick) just to get it to my chest to begin. How do I fix this?
>>
what
>>
>>36734789
Use a bench press????
??

I don't understand
>>
>>36734790
That's basically the expression everyone around me gave me.
>>
do you mean db bench cause that might make sense
>>
he's trying to say the lift-off is harder than the actual movement

get a spotter to do it for you
>>
>>36734800
No I mean barbell. I brought a barbell over to a workout bench.
>>
>>36734808
kek
>>
>>36734808
Why not use a real bench press bench? what
>>
>>36734828
Well there's my solution, thanks.
>>
This is why clean and jerk are so important to a serious strength program, OP. Proper bench set-up is standing over the bench with the barbell in front of you, then clean/jerk the weight overhead. Carefully sit down on the bench, then, while holding your breath and keeping your core tight and using your hips as a hinge, lower your back onto the bench. If you keep your arms vertical, you will be in the starting position for bench when you lay all the way down.

tl:dr improve your c&j

hope this helps, love you
>>
>see guy loading up barbell
>ok so he's doing deads, it's a bit light but whatever
>he rolls it over to a flat bench
>oh whats he doing
>he lifts it up and sits down on the bench
>ok maybe hip thrusts or something
>he lays down and starts rolling the bar up his body
>foam rolling with a barbell?
>he makes it to his chest and starts benching it
>right next to a bench press
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.