[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In reality, what are the advantages of being /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: Man-in-Gym.jpg (28 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
Man-in-Gym.jpg
28 KB, 600x340
In reality, what are the advantages of being /fit/?
>>
>>36733750
you get to flex with other strong men and admire each other's bodies
>>
it makes me feel a little less like killing myself
>>
>>36733750
Nothing at all, an obese guy and a guy with a six pack have the exact same lives.

So go get obese, OP.
>>
>>36733781
yeah also the thought about not knowing what i could have been depresses me more than my slow natty progress
>>
more attractive, can function better, healthier, lifting helps with depression/stress, it's fun...
>>
>>36733750
If you get good feelings whenever you look in the mirror and you look in the mirror for 30 s each day that is like 3 extra hours of joy each year would not otherwise experience.
>>
>improves every aspect of life
>gains you respect
>sense of accomplishment
>improves mental toughness, discipline, and resolve
>teaches you humility
>gives you a glimpse of greatness
>actually reduces your chance of getting cancer no seriously having bigger, stronger muscles reduces your chance of getting cancer
>>
>>36733750
People respect you more. Went from 140 lbs to 190. People refer to me as "sir". People move aside in public spaces. More attention from girls (and guys). I'm the strongest dude in my class of 170, and people know it (everybody in my class is a week faggot).

It has improved my social interactions in nearly every aspect. I also never need help moving shit and feel healthier overall.
>>
>>36733950
all this, plus
>makes you not hate yourself for being a fat piece of shit
>>
Let me answer your question with a question yeah?

What are the disadvantages of being /fit/?

That's what I thought you fuckhead
>>
>>36733750
Living long enough to see everyone you love die
>>
>>36733750
kill many mammoth
>>
Makes you feel better about yourself 24/7.

Life can be going so damn shit, then I look at myself in the mirror and remember how good it feels to look this way.

It's real confidence, true confidence, not like that fake confidence most people put on and circle jerk each-other with.
>>
>>36733788
zozzle
>>
Mostly it makes you feel you're not a useless, fat piece of shit.
>>
>>36733750

Lifting cured my horrible posture.
>>
>>36733750

>More productive at work and play.
>Clothes fit better.
>Knees don't hurt anymore.
>Back doesn't hurt anymore.
>Less self conscious when out in public.
>Don't worry about obesity related long term health problems.
>>
The only practical application that I've found is working jobs that require picking things up and putting them down like warehouse jobs.
>>
>>36733750
>stronger
>healthier
>more attractive (+2-5/10 depending on starting mode)
>longer life
>more happiness
>it's fun
>social interaction (possibly)
>self-satisfaction
>more confidence
>more respect
I could go on.
>>
>>36734390
>>Clothes fit better.
literally what nigger?
>>
>>36734353
Doubt it
>>
>>36734433
Yes. When I was 270+ it was hard to find clothes that fit right. Sometimes to get something that fit my gut the neck was huge, or the arms would be too tight. Sometimes the size that fit my neck and shoulders would have too much material around the waste. Clothes are designed with normal sized people in mind, and it's hard to adjust them to fatties.
>>
Protien farts
>>
File: 1458979519564.jpg (70 KB, 720x552) Image search: [Google]
1458979519564.jpg
70 KB, 720x552
>>36733750
Chicks dig it, man.
>>
>>36734422
Here's the biggest one: the first step to looking good in clothes is looking good naked. Everything flows from looking good and feeling good.
>>
>>36734473
Farts are a sign of healthy gut flora. There's a reason they don't let you leave the hospital after surgery until you start farting.
>>
>>36734433
My shoulders have always been wide so that hasn't been an issue. But everything else was baggy. I was looking at my back in a video and for the first time in a while I saw myself as big. My back completely filled it out. My arms are starting to fill out sleeves too.

If I had skinny shoulders when I was skinnier I imagine clothes would just flow around me.

It was a good feeling. Hard to explain but it made me feel good. Even though I still think I look like shit but that moment... I want more of it.
>>
>>36733750
If you're shredded you can get away with anything, brah.
>>
>>36734475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB16klLODYk
>>
>>36734514
This, literally this
>>
>>36734495
Same. Stupid as it sounds, being super fat meant my clothes were always too loose around the middle.
>>
>>36734481
I've never been to a hospital.
>>
File: 1437052936522.jpg (230 KB, 1200x1101) Image search: [Google]
1437052936522.jpg
230 KB, 1200x1101
>>36733950
>>
>>36733868
Is it weird that this motivates me?

I fucking love looking at myself in the mirror. It's at the point where it's the first thing I do in the morning and it puts me in a good mood.
>>
>>36734433
are you retarded?
>>
You literally can fuck every 6/10 girl and you get chances at >9/10 girls.
>>
>>36734591
Don't. Everyone there is sick or dying.
>>
>>36733750
in reality if you need to ask this question youre not gonna make it
>>
>>36734258
Fucking right
>>
>>36734322
True, it really is a stable reminder in my life that I'm not complete shit, and that to me makes it all worth it.
>>
>>36734659
Not weird at all man, your body is an accomplishment, and you earned it.
>>
>>36734659
I stare at myself in the mirror all the time now, but it's just to try and find good things. I still think I look like shit. Others apparently don't so I'm trying to see what they see.

Though I have a hallway mirror where my arms look decent in. Fucking love that mirror
>>
>>36733950
>actually reduces your chance of getting cancer no seriously having bigger, stronger muscles reduces your chance of getting cancer
I don't disbelieve you but I'd like to see a source
>>
>>36734810
http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/18/5/1468.abstract

"Muscular Strength and Adiposity as Predictors of Adulthood Cancer Mortality in Men"

>Conclusions: Higher levels of muscular strength are associated with lower cancer mortality risk in men, independent of clinically established measures of overall and central adiposity, and other potential confounders.
>>
>>36734466
pants are a huge pain in the ass, I have to wear baggy pants otherwise my thighs make it hard to move
>>
>>36733750

>In reality, what are the advantages of being /fit/?

Sluts.

Sluts my friend.
>>
>>36734700
What the fuck kind of place is that? Do other people know not to go there?
>>
I lost my virginity yesterday

First kiss four months ago

I'd say there are advantages
>>
>>36737257
How old are you?
>>
>>36737309
21. 22 in August.

5'8"
265 (late 2014) -> 175 -> 185 (bulk)
>>
>>36734659
That's what it should do. it should actually be weird if it didnt motivate you. It's like looking at a beautiful aesthetic house you built with your own hands. You feel a sense of satisfaction and want to create more!!
>>
>>36733750
Honestly the main benefit is self-esteem. When you increase your self-esteem, it is like you are on a constant buzz of a drug 24/7 which increases its high everytime you make more gains. Its fucking EPIC
>>
>>36733750
You won't wind up like this woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HiBFiwbnzg&nohtml5=False
>>
>>36737333
5'8
>lol
>>
>>36733750

Lower body fat and more muscle mass improves insulin sensitivity and immune system functioning (body fat is pro-inflammatory and reduces the bioavailability of certain steroids or vitamins, for isntance Vitamin D), body fat also comes with an increase in estrogen and decrease in testosterone.
Increased muscular strength protects the body from trauma (like car crashes, falls, etc).
Increased bone density to prevent fractures (will be important later in life)
High fiber regulates absorption of carbohydrates, prevents insulin reistance, regulates glucose levels, relieves stress from liver (when needing to convert excess carbohdyrates to storage forms)
Cardio improves the functioning of the heart. High VO2 max and low resting heart rate means longer duration of the heart aka longer lifespan.
Improved cognition and sexual functioning for all the reasons above.
Instills patience, discipline and confidence.

idk prolly more
>>
As a former skelly, I can say that having actual strength is the best thing that ever happened to me
>>
>>36734402
Wow...how about remodeling houses. I buy them gut em new floors paint inside out bring up to code new roof if it needs it fences concrete work landscaping you name it. Being fit helps. Yeah only warehouse jobs...fuck i think i got trolled
>>
Keeps my marriage strong.
> tfw my wifey gets me rock hard every time she steps out of the shower and she watches me in the mirror every time I fuck her

Feels good, mang.
>>
>>36740185
>Click here
loling @ your weak af marriage and impending divorce
>>
>>36734232
>makes you not hate yourself

what lifts are required for this
>>
>>36740217
for me i'm sitting at 1.5/2/2.5/3.5 and i'm still not there

perhaps at 3/4/5/6
>>
>>36733750
Short term? Nothing

Long term? You can play sports at a less than shitty level.

The real advantage of working out is learning to accept all body shapes and sizes. When you find and accept yourself, you find love. Because finding yourself and love are one and the same.
>>
File: 2z6saox.jpg (233 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
2z6saox.jpg
233 KB, 800x500
>>36734258
>What are the disadvantages of being /fit/?

People immediately think you're stupid.
>>
Better quality of life because your body isn't in shitty shape

Clothes that fucking fit
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.