[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That's it /fit/, I'm convinced. I've decided to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7
That's it /fit/, I'm convinced. I've decided to go vegan cold turkey.
Can any vegan bros on /fit/ recommend me some high protein, low fat foods? Also, any tips for meeting my nutritional needs on a low fat, high carb vegan diet?
>>
>>36730136
>im vegan now
>high protein, low fat foods?

your bfs semen
>>
>>36730162

Semen isn't vegan.
>>
>>36730177
yes it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeiiZdhNr44
>>
>>36730136
I'm not the autist who started the other two threads, but I've been vegan for a couple of years. I highly recommend Jack Norris's site:

http://www.veganhealth.org/

In particular

http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/dailyrecs

It covers all the basics, also don't buy into the whole HCLF bullshit; just do whatever macros you can comfortably stick too.

Inb4 humans are omnivores, I agree we are, idc either way.
>>
>>36730136
good luck anon

also you don't need to make a baithread here, you can find all the info you're asking for googleing a little
>>
Hitler was a vegan.
>>
>>36730136
There is nothing wrong with being vegan., More power to you. Hell I was vegan for about 5 years of my life.

The issue with the vegan community is you act like its a fucking religion. Youre on a mission to convert everyone. DONT DO THIS

just be vegan and dont be annoying.

I used to eat alot of stir fry, nuts, nut milks, tempeh, seitan, and all the other vegan foods. We have a couple great vegan cafes and resturants around my town that I used to eat at often. chick pea salad sandwhiches are so good, vegan burittos are top tier.

alot of foods are vegan and not really healthy so gotta be careful with that. you can find yourself eating loads of amazing vegan treats. Like vegan milk shakes of peace mmmmmmm.
>>
>>36730136
>vegan
>not pescetarian
Shit's cash. I eat clean, I'm not poisoned with hormones and antibodies (inb4 some faggot blurts out MUH MERCURY; as long as you're not a pregnant woman and don't binge on apex predators you're fine) my body recovers extremely fast after work outs, and I get to eat tasty fish.

I occasionally indulge in grass fed beef though, shit's too good.
>>
>>36732596
Fish is gross. I just eat soy protein. If you like fish keep doing what you're doing I guess.
>>
>>36732641
>Fish
>Gross
Nigger have you never marinated a tuna/swordfish steak in olive oil, ground pepper, dill, garlic, lemon/lime juice and thrown that sumbitch on a grill? It's pretty much the best thing in the world.

Also pescetarians are allowed to eat shellfish, alligator, and snake too, and that's some tasty shit.

>soy
You're never gonna make it.
>>
What supplements should I get when I eat everything but red meat?

b12, zinc, and iron is what I read.
>>
>>36732688
Holy shit it's just a preference. I also have a seafood allergy.

There's literally nothing wrong with soy protein isolate. The protein in soy is the most similar to the protein found in meat.
>>
>>36732765
>Holy shit it's just a preference.
So is your mom's love of black cock, but it still annoys anon. Admit it!
>>
>>36732950
H-how did you know my mom's into black guys..?!
>>
>>36731850
>implying being like Hitler is a bad thing
>>
>>36732697

B12 is the big one.

Think about it this way, though. It takes 3 to 5 fucking years to deplete yourself of B12. If you can't find some dirty ass bacteria to eat between now and three years from now, go lick a urinal once a year or something.
>>
Beans, lentils, and whole grains for most of your calories, load up on as many veggies as you can eat, eat the veggies with nuts/seeds, and eat fruits/berries for pre-workout and as snacks

My lunch today was lentils with chopped red bell pepper and habanero pepper sauce, and a mix of steamed greens and carrot with pumpkin seeds and balsamic vinegar

Dinner I'm about to put together is black beans, barley, some sweet potato with sunflower seeds, and a cup of strong hibiscus tea
>>
Cold turkey with a dab of mayo, dab of mustard, on a white bun with a tall sippy cup of lemonade.

Sounds good op
>>
>>36732950
>soy
do you actually believe soy protein is equally good as whey TOP FUCKING LUL
>>
>>36734923
Not equally as good but pretty damn close. Soy proteins makes the suffering and death of animals completely obsolete.
>>
>>36730136
Pickup one of these and use it as ground beef. I guess it's called textured soy/vegetable protein somewhere.
>>
File: Tumma_soijarouhe.jpg (150 KB, 700x816) Image search: [Google]
Tumma_soijarouhe.jpg
150 KB, 700x816
>>36735010
Oops forgot the pic
>>
>>36735010
TVP is god-tier
>>
>>36730136
legumes: red/kidney beans, black beans, red lentils, green lentils, soy beans, chickpeas, fava beans
bread & pasta: whole-wheat only
nuts: cashews (good for bulking too), walnuts, ...
I get 120g/day with just legumes

>Also, any tips
B12 (everyone should supplement it, even meat eaters. It should be added to tap water in place of fluoride). If you don't take antibiotics (and you may experience less illness if you turn vegan) your actual storage of B12 could last some years. You should anyway supplement it, unless you're going to live in a place were food and water isn't clean as per western standards.

>>36732596
>inb4 some faggot blurts out MUH MERCURY; as long as you're not a pregnant woman and don't binge on apex predators you're fine
Not entirely correct: you SHOULD worry even if you're not a pregnant woman. Mercury poisoning can cause brain damage, paralysis, blindness, numbness - in adults too.
The "don't eat the predator" is incorrect too. The US & NRDC recommendation for tuna is max 1/week if albacore, otherwise max 2/week. Mackerel is a safer alternative. You've better double check for each variety, it's untrue that smaller (or "not predator") = safe.
A varied, macrobiotic diet can help chelating mercury anyway (there was an article on the world cancer research journal about this).
>>
>>36730136
>becomes vegan and instantly makes a post about it instead of just googling it
You are ready my son.
>>
Lacto-ovo vegetarian here. My issue is not eating a bunch of crap. I try to eat all veggies sometimes and sometimes i get to where im "full" but i feel weak and low-energy. Like my body isn't getting enough sustenance. Does this go away eventually or should i be supplementing with shakes are something?
>>
>>36730162

Honestly, this.

You might be thinking "But I'm not gay." If you go vegan, you will be. All men who are vegan are homosexuals. ALL of them.
>>
>>36735189
So? I am gay. You act like being gay is a bad thing. It's not.

>>>/pol/
>>
Would being a vegan but getting most of my protein from whey be a good idea?
>>
>>36735227
you wouldn't be vegan. You'd be lacto-vegetarian.
>>
>>36730187
ok
>>
>>36731850
>>36735189

>Hitler was gay

>>36735129

Try using something like MyFitnessPal to double check your intake of fats, carbs and proteins. If you had a past fast-food life your body may be accustomed to crap, it will go away.

>>36735227
There are veg protein powder alternatives, but really you can safely meet your needs with the diet.
>>
>>36735257
ok
>>
>>36730136
don't worry about protein dense foods specifically,
just eat lots of veggies, beans (soy, black, garbanzo etc...), nuts and other shit and by the end of the day you will have eaten more than enough protein. So far this has worked for me. Also nutritional yeast is protein that tastes like cheese (kinda), so that's helpful I find.
>>
>>36730136
black bean pasta
>>
File: 4.jpg (765 KB, 1600x1149) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
765 KB, 1600x1149
add mushrooms to your arsenal
high in protein and contrary to what people think they contain b12
>>
>>36735387
mushrooms are icky
>>
>>36732697
you can get those easily if you eat leafy greens and drink fortified soy drinks (which taste delicious)!
>>
>>36732697
>>36734340
>>36735447
Just buy some B12 pills man, it's not worth the risk really and they're cheap as fuck. It's also a water soluble vitamin so it's almost impossible to overdose on.

Btw animals get b12 added to their food aswell, so supplementing it directly is just a more efficient way.
>>
>>36732688
>are allowed
Why are you basing your eating habits on what's "allowed" rather than what works for you? You're as bad as religious vegans
>>
>>36735200
Like clockwork.
>>
>>36734463
>Dinner I'm about to put together is black beans, barley, some sweet potato with sunflower seeds, and a cup of strong hibiscus tea

I bet you're super spooky
>>
which vegan protein should i purchase ?
is the brand "myprotein" ok ?
vegan blend ? pea protein ? brown rice protein ?
>>
>>36730136
Make sure you're getting your b12 and all your micros srsly. I went vegetarian during my teens and ended with an Iodine, vitamin D and B12 deficiency. I was fucking stupid as sin and ate mostly chips, oreos and ice cream, so don't do that.

Also some good protein sources are beans, specially lentils. They're quite versatile once you learn how to cook them.
Soy products are safe no matter what this /fit/ sperglords say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Wt7mhJRwQ
Seitan is cheap as fuck if you learn how to do it, and i pure protein, but it's protein quality is quite mediocre.
And of course, protein isolate: hemp, peas, rice, soy... etc cheap as fuck

Some anon posted a 3500 calories a day vegan meal plan, with aprox 180grams protein, without soy I think. Also low fat is shit, you should never go under 1g of fat per kg of bodyweight, or 60/20/20. All that 80/10/10 bullshit some vegans do are stupid and too low on protein and fat for bodybuilding/lifting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icOD7hxUGI8

Just ignore the haters, it's the right thing to do.
>>
>>36737203
the cheapest one
>>
Would you vegans just jump off of a bridge already okay bye1
>>
I always wonder how many times the same guy has made a "I'm convinced, I'm going vegan" thread? Would they do it to create the illusion of some great movement?
>>
>>36735387
Mushrooms are animals
>>
My gf is a vegan and she's 175 cm and 47 kg.

Don't do it.
>>
>>36735116
desu senpai great post
>>
>>36738139
nope
>>
Just in case it helps OP or some anon, this is what I'm eating during this bulk:

>Breakfast
100g oats + cup soy milk. Microwave, and I add cocoa powder, peanut butter, syrup or jam for taste and extra calories.

>Post workout
3 bananas + 30g dates + whatever the fuck you want + water/juice/milk + scoop vegan isolate protein. Blend.
I add a handfull of hemp seeds after, and "chew" the shake, also 7 extra grams of protein, fats and omega 3.

>Lunch
100g of pasta, rice, cuscus, brown rice, bread, tortillas etc
75g of lentils, black beans, chickpeas, kidney beans etc
spinach and veggies and tomato sauce
With those things you can eat quite a few diferent things, mexican style burritos, meatless pasta, falafel sandwich...

After that i eat around 20g of walnuts

>Snack
4 slices of bread + 50g peanut butter + jelly
quite self explanatory

>Dinner
Tofu, or tempeh, or seitan, around 200g
potatos, pumpkin, sweet potato 200g
brocoli or whatever 200g
I add some nutritional yeast and sauces to that, maybe mushrooms too if I'm hungry.

Also before my workout i have a cup of coffee, no sugar, but i eat an oz of dark chocolate almost every day. I don't count things like ketchup, low calorie fruits and veggies etc. I use Iodized salt and sometimes eat seaweed for dat iodine.

That makes around 3600 calories, 500 carbs, 95 fats and 170 proteins, according to myfitnesspal. Add things like TVP, or protein isolate, or eat more of the protein sources for more protein.
Soy is safe, but if you don't want to eat soy change tofu for seitan, and soy milk for nut milk, for example.

According to cronometer, that makes a complete aminoacid profile, getting enough of all aminoacids, but little to no b12 and vitamin D.
You can take BCAAs if you're really concerd about protein quality, but they're not necesary at all. For the micros, I take b12 and get sunlight every day. You could buy fortified milk and yeast, or supplements, they're all cheap as fuck and 10/10 worthy.
>>
hempprotein powder, the GOAT of all proteens.
Quinoa, all kinds of beans and legumes should be eaten DAILY! Been/lentil burger with sweetpotato and mushrooms is GODLY.

aaaaa ALMOND FLOUR is fucking great! 50% protein, mix it with coconut oil for great healthy snacks or use in bread or baking. It's perfect as a proteinpowder replacement i scoobys proteinbars!!
>>
>>36730136
GO VEGAN AND EAT PROPERLY
BUT DO NOT FALL FOR THE RAW VEGAN DIET AND 80 10 10 BS
>>
>>36732697
Get b12, vitamin d2 or vegan D3, omega 3's or any other nutrient that u find hard to get
>>
>>36730136

Vegan here too. Just wanted to say it feels fucking amazing to not be brainwashed and ignorant anymore.
>>
Enjoy your extra estrogen

I actually convinced my friend to stop being a vegan when I added up all the estrogen in his weekly shop and proved to him that consuming it would actually make a difference in the long run (He doesn’t lift either)

don’t be a fgt OP
>>
>>36738400
yeah fuck u fatty
>>
File: estrogen_rich_foods.png (2 MB, 736x2378) Image search: [Google]
estrogen_rich_foods.png
2 MB, 736x2378
>>
>>36738400

How is a vegan eating more estrogen than a scavenger like you, cock sucking son of a whore?
>>
>>36738419

nice sources and medical research there cum gargling mofo
>>
>>36738419
>"info"graphics with zero sources

Just because you pick a nice font doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>36738400
>not consuming dairy (one of the most estrogen ridden foods)
>means more estrogen

kys
>>
>>36730136
Parboiled rice m8. It beats other rice to the ground.
Not as gross as brown rice + more carbs and vitamins than white rice.
Literally goddtier.
Also, black beans.
>>
>>36738419
yeah dude avoid veggies fruits and legumes. gulge on red meat eggs and milk from GMO corn fed animals with antibiotics and growth hormones. sure is fucking healthy

no wonder u fatties in murica all got gyno when u eat that shait
>>
>>36730136
>Can any vegan bros on /fit/ recommend me some high protein

meat
>>
>>36738400
>>36738419

>le phytoestrogen meme
It has no impact on human male hormones.

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224
>Clinical studies show no effects of soy protein or isoflavones on reproductive hormones in men
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106
>Soybean isoflavone exposure does not have feminizing effects on men: a critical examination of the clinical evidence.
>http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/89/4/1155.long
>The results of this analysis suggest that consumption of soy foods is associated with a reduction in prostate cancer risk in men

There are only a couple of publications reporting *aberrant* isolated results
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18558591
>An unusual case of gynecomastia
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476
>To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of a combination of decreased free testosterone and increased DHEA blood concentrations after consuming a soy-rich diet.

Please continue eating your hormones-enriched chicken
>>
>>36738288
sounds good man, I'm not vegan but I can totally understand why people would go vegan. All these butthurt meateaters and global warming denialists aren't really helping too. I watched cowspiracy all the way to the end and agriculture lobby is mafia as fuck. Fuck greenpeace too
>show cute images of pandas so people will donate
>keep mouth shut on agriculture because people will get buttmad when you tell them their consumption of meat/dairy is killing all those cute rainforest animals = bye donations
>>
>>36735082
>You've better double check for each variety, it's untrue that smaller (or "not predator") = safe.
Any fish that is smaller than another of the same species will have less mercury, any fish that is further down the food chain will have less mercury, all other things being equal. That's how bioaccumulation works.

Granted there are certain specific areas (bays in the NE, because of industrial waste in the 50s, certain parts of asian inland coastal areas, etc.) in which you should not eat fish from (may not even be because of mercury), but in general the distribution of mercury is not affected by area because it's primarily distributed through the food chain rather than water.

Personally I mostly eat only the fish that I catch myself (not richfag with boat, shore spearfishing), and for those I eat a lot of fish that are not generally fished commercially, at least in the US. Most of them eat primarily mollusks.

>The "don't eat the predator" is incorrect too. The US & NRDC recommendation for tuna is max 1/week if albacore, otherwise max 2/week.
Nearly all commercially fished tuna are apex or near apex predators (if you fish yourself you can catch stuff like Little Tunny that aren't nearly so high up, but are still predators) so the "don't eat the predator" holds true, though I suspect somewhere along the way it got broscienced into "Don't eat the apex predator."

>Mackerel is a safer alternative
You owe it to yourself to eat freshly caught mackerel at least once, because the difference between freshly caught mackerel and even frozen for a day mackerel is significant, moreso than any other fish I have eaten.
>>
>>36738596

haven't seen it yet, but i keep reading everywhere that's worth it, will give it a try
>>
>>36735247
Yeah I know. I don't give a shit about animals I just wanna make this cut simpler
>>
>>36735200
Confirmed gay. Logic checks out
>>
Just sayin, i went vegan about a year ago. Started liftan and my gains went thru the roof. take your supplements, hit your numbers like anyone else its easy actually.
>>
>>36738288
thank you
>>
>>36738288
What vegan isolate/protein do yo use recommend?
Also are all bcaas and creatin vegan?
>>
Religious vegan here for over two years.
Diet consists of:
>bananas (fuckload)
>berries fresh/frozen
>avo ED or EOD
>seasonal veggies
>green beans
>kale
>mushroom
>flax/almond milk (look for kind with 5g tein)
>brown rice/lentils
>dave's killer bread (personal preference...)
>oats
>unsweetened soy yogurt (nice break from oats)
>any kind of bean
>lentil pastas
>dark chocolate
>coconut oil
>chia seed + hemp hearts (at least 6 tbps a day)
>nutritional yeast
>walnuts/pepitas/almonds
>all kind of tofu
>seitan (I make my own it's easy af and cheep)
>unsweetened cocoa powder
>pea protein ( I shake everyday cause college)
>amazing grass green powder
>cheep multi

Haven't been lifting long but I'm still putting on mass and honestly feels pretty good.

Only advice would be really watch your calorie intake...if you are trying to reach bulking numbers you need to eat fucking hard man.
Also first few weeks you will most likely have shitty smelling gas because of high FODMAPS intake if you are anything like me. Takes time but it will pass. Make sure you take lots of water.

Good luck brother!
>>
>>36742134
Don't know how I forgot fucking
>nut butters
>>
>>36742134
>if you are trying to reach bulking numbers you need to eat fucking hard man
For bulking I just add 200g cashews (unsalted) to the mix. That's +1150 calories (and a bunch of broteins & nice fats). 1 kg = 7€ -> 1 month = 30 € (and cashews are fucking delicious)
>>
>>36742193
Wouldn't this be a little excessive in fats though if you already are eating 6-8 servings of nuts/seeds per day? Would this be a "dirty bulk" vegan style? Not really judging here honestly don't know much about ideal macros for a vegan /fit/izen...
>>
File: vegan reality check.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
vegan reality check.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1600
Veganism is a mental illness.
>>
>>36742262
This would make sense if humans weren't frugivore.
>https://youtu.be/4ZEZYu_7zR4?t=110
and/or if humans weren't rational beings.

But I'm sure you aren't interested in double-checking your "reality check" with scientific literature, you're here just to shitpost memes and macros.
>>
>>36742262
nice appeal to nature in a retard simple pic tho

guess I'll go to your house with a couple of friends and beat you and your dad to death and then rape your mother in front of your younger sister, you know, cause that what some animals do, so it's all cool
>>
>>36742262
I guess we need to start accepting rape as a part of life.

I think you're the one with a mental illness.
>>
>>36738387
how are non vegans brainwashed?
>did you see that guy enjoy his porterhouse steak?? wake up sheeple!
>>
>>36739792
you're welcome senpai

>>36740967
I've been using Myprotein's vegan blend, it's rice+pea+hemp protein isolate. Works just fine but a bit overpriced imo. The thing is, they do have diferent aminoacid profiles, but as long as you're using just one scoop a day, it doesn't change much of your overall aminoacid intake.

Check out Cory McCarthy's last video, about protein for vegan bodybuilders, he also provides a free pdf with a simple recipe to make a very decent protein powder mix for optimal amino profile.

>>36742193
>just add 200g cashews
dude are you fucking kidding me? 200 grams of cashews a day sounds like the vegan version of GOMAD top kek
>>
I'm not even vegan but I've yet to see a rational and sound argument against veganism. It is always infested with logical fallacies.
>>
File: 1252290821447.jpg (357 KB, 733x733) Image search: [Google]
1252290821447.jpg
357 KB, 733x733
>>36730136
>this fucking thread again
>>
>>36740967
Oh and for what I know virtually all creatine is vegan.

As if BCAAs are vegan I do't think so, honestly. I've seen bcaas labeled as "vegan" in amazon and a lot of other places tho. I think they're more expensive than regular bcaas tho
>>
>>36743439
You won't though because I'm /k/ and you'll get shot in the fucking face.

Go eat your salad and mind your own damn business.
>>
>>36743439
>with a couple of friends
Don't lie you have none
>>
>>36743542
Umm, this is a fitness board. Most vegans I know are pretty damn fit. Not jacked, but fit nonetheless.
>>
>>36744753
No, they're not, they're skinnyfat at best, and their brain doesn't work correctly due to amino acid deficiency. Veganism=bullshit stop drinking the kool-aid.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.