[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bulking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
What are your go to bulking foods?
>>
I just eat what I like.

>tfw black hole tier appetite
>>
Peanut butter and milk.

My sex drive increased dramatically on a bulk from so much saturated fat.
>>
whole grain pasta, bread and brown rice
>>
>>36729557
LOL
>>
peanut butter, cheeses
>>
14" dominos
>>
>recovering fatty
>forever cutting
I miss peanut butter.
>>
peanuts & raisins with cottage cheese - ~600 cal for a small bowl
cashews, pistachios
>>
>>36729593
My melanistic comrade. Macros aren't too bad either except for saturated fat.
>>
>>36729132
peanut butter and milk make up 40% of my daily calories on a bulk
>>
>>36729132
Ch-chicken?
>>
Bulk? BreadxF
>>
>bulking
you better be a total noob or on roids
>>
>bulking on high fat foods

This is why you're fucking fat. You bulk on high carbs, if your fats exceed 30% of your diet you're doing it terribly wrong.

I fill 30% to fats of my +500 surplus total calories, get .8-1g protein per pound I weigh, and the rest has to be carbs.
>>
>>36730274
What's wrong with bulking on fats?
>>
>>36729132
peanut butter
almonds
beef jerky
milk
greek yogurt
mutant mass
bananas
cavendish hash brown patties
egg whites
jamiacan beef patties
oats
brown rice
quinoa
burritos from the place down the street
chicken breast
canned salmon
blue cheese
>>
>>36730322
Because high fat is not used for the muscle gaining. Carbs and protein is what causes muscle growth and energy/recovery.
You're wasting precious cals if you have a high fat diet, you'll feel sluggish, your lifts won't go up, and dietary fat wants to become bodyfat extremely quick and it is very efficient at it. I'll hook up the source in a sec
>>
File: 1459669087661.png (255 KB, 568x648) Image search: [Google]
1459669087661.png
255 KB, 568x648
>>36730322
Fat = more calories per gram than carbs/protein

Eat fat u put on fat u fat piece of shit

You crave fat, and it will make you fat. So put down the FUCKING big Mac and PICK UP a slice of cheesecake or apple pie. I hear the apple pies in mcdonalds are to die for, although I prefer the mcgriddle as I'm more of a savoury guy myself
>>
>>36730377
We obsess with protein requirements, but surely an average diet easily meets our carb requirements for muscle growth.
>>
>>36730454
If your glycogen stores are depleted then there will be less muscle growth

Also your body needs energy to create muscle and run itself so carbs = best energy
>>
>>36730454
We're talking about bulking. Bulking requires higher carbs, you're lifting heavier, you need more energy, you need more recovery, all of which carbs excel at and are necessary.
>>
>>36730322
another guy here
he's kinda right but it's not that extreme. surplus from fat is just more likely to be stored as fat than a surplus from carbs, but it's not like it instantly turns into adipose tissue if it's fat and not carbs. building muscle and strength is definitely easier on higher carbs, but you can get bigger and stronger on high fat too, no problem, just less efficiently in most cases. plus the higher the carbs the more likely your glycogen stores are full, you feel more energized etc
>>
>>36729132
I have a hard time growing a big enough appetite sometimes so I use this shit:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/sm.html
>>
>>36730500
Bro, if your fats are higher than %30 when bulking I bad news, I guarantee you will feel and look like chit. Not only that, but it's incredibly unhealthy. Why not just do it the right way, healthy and you'll feel fucking good with all that extra energy.

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7598063
Here's one, there's more too I'm looking for
>>
>>36730371
What's it like taking bulking supplements? I was looking at them the other day, in a 6 pound container it's only like 12 servings. That's a half pound of powder per shake, not including the water/milk.

Is it really thick?
Can you drink all of it in one serving?
Do you feel really full?
Is it worth it?
Does it at least taste good so I can drink all of it?
Do you have to drink it every day?
>>
>>36730454
It does. And what's high fat for one person may be too low for another. There isn't some magical number for protein carbs and fats. Every DYEL will try to tell you there's some exact number for everything
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-10-18-04-43.png (226 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-10-18-04-43.png
226 KB, 1440x2560
>>36730516
So you're saying this is bad?
>>
>>36730586
I'll stick to science done by medical professionals, not some arbitrary ad hominem by some guy on the internet. Fat is supposed to be between 15-30%, protein at .8g/lb has already been shown to have no reduction in muscle in Olympic athletes as opposed to higher requirements, and carbs aren't bad for you.

>http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/2/317.full.pdf
>>
>>36730594
Yes. Not the end of the world but you should decrease your fats and increase carbs. Good that you have that app, always try to keep it under 30 or at 30
>>
>>36730540
I use mutant mass as a drink to get in extra calories at a meal.
And:
>Depends on amount of water/milk
>Yes
>Not if that's all you ate
>Dollar/macro wise yes, it's just another food product
>I like it, you may need to try a few flavours, see if you can get samples(cookies and cream or triple chocolate I like the best)
>No, and I frequently don't. Stuff lasts a year anyway.
>>
>>36730026
>ch-chicken

Why do you fags type stuttering.
>>
>>36730663
How does it last a year?
How often do you drink it?
Do you get a lot out of a single bag/container? I just looked at the number of servings for such a huge amount .
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-10-18-02-41.png (391 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-10-18-02-41.png
391 KB, 1440x2560
>>36730656
Tbh this was the highest day I could find, it tends to be lower. That day I consumed many eggs and a lot of whole milk which both have great protein bioavailability and are cheap as shit. I've never noticed subjective fatigue from high carb or high fat diet, and I've seen studies linking both to heart disease so I'm not sure what to favor. I'm low body fat and in great shape so I'm not sure what the risks for cardiovascular disease are with obesity and sedentary life out of the equation.

This is today so far. Going to get a lot of carbs the rest of the day. Probably oats and sweet potatoes, maybe some haribo after workout to replenish glycogen.
>>
>>36730643
Nobody said carbs aren't bad for you. I said there's no magic number when it comes to this stuff. You really think it matters that much if you're over 30% or under? Every "health professional" has a different idea of what is normal anyway. Even these studies are funded telling you what to eat and what not to eat and how much.
>>
>>36730734
*are
>>
>>36730727
Sounds and looks good mate. Think about long term health as well. Whole foods ftw.
>>36730734
I do think it matters but you're right that it varies but for the most part fat has always remained a crucial role in bodyfat and health. I rather be on the safe side.
>>
>>36730702
It's a dried food product, they can last a while if you keep them in a cool dry place. And I was actually wrong about the year, the bag I bought a month ago won't go bad until december 2017.
I drank 2 scoops at lunch (usually) through my bulk, in a 15lbs/6.8kg bag you will get 52 of these servings. Since I didn't drink it everyday it would usually last 9 weeks. For $105CAD pretty decent bang-for-buck.
>>
>>36730825
How big are the scoops?
>>
Cottage cheese, two pounds every day.
>>
>>36729132
Anon Jon's bulking cookies
-1/4 cup egg whites
-1 cup flour
-2 cups organic peanut butter
-3 cups whole oats
-1/2 cup coconut butter
-1/4 cup agave
-1 cup quinoa
-1/4 cup raisins
-2 tbsp vanilla shavings
-2 tbsp cinnamon shavings
-1/2 cup chopped cashews
makes 35-40 cookie, cook for 20 minutes at 350
>>
>>36730952
65g each
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.