[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SL 5x5 General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: icon175x175.jpg (6 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
icon175x175.jpg
6 KB, 175x175
Seems like there are a lot of threads are on here about strong lifts. Come in here and talk about how you are progressing and feel free to ask questions.
>>
I started a couple of weeks ago since doing bro splits and my squat has gone up nicely. I add chin-ups, face-pulls, and incline bench. OHP is a bitch to add weight on though.
>>
SL 5x5 is the routine I'm doing right now too, on my third month and progress is good. I love the app, dem fucking graphs.

>>36727642

OHP is a cunt. Worth it but fuck.
>>
Too bad it's a shit program

Do SS or Candytoes

http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/stronglifts-5x5/
>>
>>36727730
ehh some of the failures of stronglifts he lists I have worked around. I didn't start with just the bar like told, rather like 60% of my 1rm and I have progressed nicely. He also talks about how bench is more important than OHP for power lifting, but I am not aiming to be a power lifter and I want strong shoulders so I actually like it for pushing my shoulders. The guy says, " I’d personally rate StrongLifts 5×5 as a “good” program for beginners." I don't want to spend money for starting strength and I prefer high bar squat for aesthetics rather than low bar.
>>
>>36727619
Started 5x5 about 2 months ago and I've never had that much fun lifting weights. The progression is just super motivating. I started at 2 plate deadlift and just hit 3 plate for 5 reps. My overhead press also went from half plate to one plate.
At the same time I made pretty good mass gains (especially my delts) after I've been stalling for about a year prior.
The only downside is that I only have three pants left that fit.
>>
File: rare_trex_pepe.jpg (18 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
rare_trex_pepe.jpg
18 KB, 500x333
>>36728005
>The only downside is that I only have three pants left that fit.
iktf
>>
>>36728005
To what degree has your vastus medialis (the teardrop above the knee) grown? I was wondering if I should add other exercises for those sweet leg aesthetics.
>>
File: 2016-04-09_11.28.31_1.jpg (122 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-09_11.28.31_1.jpg
122 KB, 1080x1080
Lifts 5x5:

Bench: 95-->140
Squat :135-->225
DL: 135-->275
OHP: 65-->95(I fucking suck)
Row: 65-->125

After plateau planning on PHAT probably, gotta see where I'm at whenever that happens tho.
>>
>>36728126
Fix your press form.
>>
>>36728126
how did your own weight change
>>
I started a few weeks ago and enjoy it. Good progression for the most part but I'm starting to stall out on OHP and squats. Any recommendations for that or do I need to just eat more?
>>
>>36728224
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83nEQAO_U9k
>>
>>36728215
145lbs. To 162lbs.
>>
Stronglegs is a joke and a powerlifting routine.
>>
Did anyone else have problems when starting this?

>started this program yesterday
>did squats, bench press, and barbell row
>only did squats with the bar without plates or anything
>felt the burn in my thighs
>today I can't walk or stand up without my thighs hurting
>tomorrow is my second day

help
>>
>>36729221
You'll feel better tomorrow. Fight through whatever pain is left.

This won't happen every time, but will happen more often in your early workouts. Enjoy your deadlifts tomorrow.
>>
>>36729221
First week is bitch on the legs, try stretching every day, it will help
>>
>>36729221
Pain is weakness leaving the body. These are the easiest gains you'll ever achieve. Enjoy it.
>>
File: 1439174691442.jpg (55 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1439174691442.jpg
55 KB, 645x773
>>36729372
>>36729761
>>36729459

Thanks for the advice and encouragement, anons.

What stretches would you recommend?
>>
>>36729221
I stared sl 5x5 a few weeks ago and I have never been this sore before, even though I am lifting lighter weights than what I am used to. My guess is that the lighter weight and proper form hits the body hard. But idk :/
>>
Been doing SL for 5 weeks, when should I switch to a different program? Should I add any accessories?
Squat-115 lbs
OHP-55 lbs
DL-155 lbs
Bench-75
Row-75
>>
Been at it for almost a year, much improvement in back and legs. OHP is easy for me. Dreadlifts are the worst, I hate them.
>>
>>36729221

I was only that sore when I first started and that's because I lived a ridiculously sedentary life (worked from laptop at home, laid in bed constantly, only getting up to eat, shower, or use the bathroom). About 12-24 hours after my first time lifting I had extreme muscle soreness in the thighs. I waited until I was no longer sore and got back to it and never stopped. I never have experienced a soreness like that since and I doubt you will either.

It's called DOMS by the way, I only learned that months after the fact.
>>
>>36731545
Add squat, OHP, DL, bench and barbell row
>>
I did SS when I first started, got strength gains but i still looked like a skinnyfat shit. Tried 5x5 after, got stronger, still looked tiny.

Wasn't until I modified SS for 8 reps rather than 5 that I got massive size gains. Got stronger too.
>>
>>36731594
Huh, hadn't thought of that one. Thanks for the useful advice, you fucking mong.
>>
>>36731633
Your numbers are not serious.
>>
>>36731644
I'm weak as shit. Why would I lie about something I want to improve in?
>>
>>36731650
Why are you adding accessories when you haven't made any progress in the core lifts?
>>
>>36731667
I'm not, did you even read my first post? I asked if I should add any accessories.
>>
>>36731545

>when should I switch to a different program?
I started at the bar for all exercises and 6 months later I still haven't completely stalled. I'll briefly plateau from time to time; particularly OHP, but my numbers keep going up.

Are you stalled on anything in particular, everything, or just asking if there's a set time where you change? If the latter, no, there's no set time where you need to change programs.
>>
>>36731693
The latter, I've seen some people say you should switch out of some programs after a certain amount of time regardless of progress. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>36731714

I'd totally ignore that shit and watch >>36728262 if you haven't already. Given your current numbers keep eating, keep getting sleep, and keep lifting. There's no reason any of your lifts should stall for months unless you aren't eating enough or aren't sleeping enough.
>>
>>36727619
>Started stronglifts last summer cause I wanted to lose weight.
>Combined it with eating right and cardio after my lifts
>lost 20 lbs
>proud.jpg
>fell off the wagon cause 1st semester of college
>started back up at the end of march

I'm making much better progress now, however I have started doing cardio everyday i'm not lifting. Trying to lose roughly 60lbs by this upcoming fall.
On a very strict diet too. Is stronglifts the wrong program for me or should I keep at it? Any other advice regarding cardio on off days?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.