[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if the brain burns calories, can I do cardio by thingken really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
So if the brain burns calories, can I do cardio by thingken really hard.
>>
>>36703340
Sure i do it all the time
>>
>>36703340
Er... Maybe. I think a big percentage of what the brain does is involuntary stuff like monitoring vitals and keeping the body ticking over. Doesn't most of your brain power get used on taking in visual information while you're awake?
>>
You'll likely get a stress headache trying to burn a significant amount of calories by using your brain.
It's much easier to just run and use a multitude more of muscles
>>
Thinking hard would be impossible for you
>>
>>36703340
Nope. Conscious thought does not alter the amount of energy your brain uses; much like intentional walking burns the same as just walking to get somewhere. Your brain doesn't have parts it only uses when you think real hard dummy. Your brain is the reason you drink lots of water to help burn calories, water helps it work at it's maximum capacity as does glucose (or ketones if you like that shit).

>>36703389
product of american education
>>
>>36703340
is this suppose to be funny or somthn?
>>
Can confirm I got shredded by visualizing it

The book "The Secret" details this thought paradigm in more detail, I highly recommend it OP.
>>
>>36703340
Imagining your lifts has the exact same effect as actually doing the lifts. True fact
>>
>>36703379

yes, an alarming amount of the brain is involved in processing visual stimuli. and that includes "mind's eye" content, so it's still working when you're dreaming.
>>
>>36703516
>can't use more calories by thinking
>not thinking uses same calories as thinking
Clearly not true cause fat people are fucking retarded.
>>
>>36703813
you got me there senpai
>>
>>36703696
Kek
>>
>>36703340
cardio is about raising your heartrate. Think about a faster heartrate really hard, then take your heartrate and tell us the results
>>
>>36704090
But you can think about something that makes you nervous and your heartrate goes up. So just talking to girls is cardio now?
>>
>>36704162
It also boosts test levels, go get em
>>
>>36703340
Its been shown the brain doesnt actually burn that many calories. Only like 50 calories a day. And they have done studies to see how much more calories you burn if you are thinking a lot more on a given day and it is only about 10-15 more a day.

Just lift.
>>
>>36704837
Your brain uses like 30% of your BMR
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.