[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got these rubber plates that smell pretty bad, any ideas how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (261 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
261 KB, 800x600
I got these rubber plates that smell pretty bad, any ideas how to get rid of the stench?

Besides pic related
>>
I know what you mean it gives me a headache

I dont really think theres much you can do but wait, wasing them probably wouldn't do anything
>>
>>36702559
Get new plates? Get car paint and spray it on maybe also, should seal it in.
>>
>>36702597
Wouldn't that add weight?

Actually side point can I use spray paint in place of microplates
>>
spraying some lacquer over the plates will probably help
>>
>>36702619
>Wouldn't that add weight?
I don't see the problem.
>>
I guarantee under that tape is a bunch of shit.
>>
Why not leave your plates overnight in the tub filled with hot water and dish soap?
>>
>>36702559
Rubber smells bad senpai. It's nature and shit. Just break them in.
>>
>>36702676

cause the rubber will crack genius
>>
Dip them in some kind of sealant.

Roof sealant could work
>>
Put them in your bath tub
>>
are you fucks really this dense, its just regular plates covered in duct tape
>>
>>36703158
Newfag/redditcuck detected
>>
>>36703087
Roof sealant smells like rubber.
>>
>>36703158
this board is full of dumbfucks, and you are less intelligent than most. I hope you feel bad
>>
>>36702559
wear nose plugs when you lift
>>
>>36702619
How much paint are you going to use?
>>
>>36703352
Can I just use my old squat plugs?
>>
>>36702559
OP I have rubber coated plates at home, two years since I got them and they still stink out a room. I've left them out in the rain all through winter, I've scrubbed them and all sorts

Just deal with it and don't have them in a room you spend a lot of time in m8
>>
>>36702559
Most funny smells are acidic. So a rinse with a mildly alkaline solution, such as baking soda in water, can reduce some bad smells.

I would try that on one of the bumpers and see it helps the smell (and that it doesn't react badly and make the rubber crumble or something, but that's not very likely).
>>
>>36702559

If it's new, it's probably offgassing. Either they can be vented out naturally over the course of a couple of days, or a hairdryer can be used to accelerate the process. I've done the hairdryer method in the past and the fumes can get pretty intense without an open window.
>>
>>36702619
a negligible amount breh, doesn't even matter
>>
>>36704065
you're supposed to pass those on to new lifters at your gym
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.