[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point can you start calling yourself a powerlifter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: beard.png (590 KB, 523x681) Image search: [Google]
beard.png
590 KB, 523x681
At what point can you start calling yourself a powerlifter?

I got up to 1/2/3/4 and used to say I was doing powerlifting.

Then I realized my form sucked on all of it so I cut the weights by half but at that point I had sense enough to stop saying I was doing powerlifting. So instead I just say I work out nowadays.

Is it when you start competing? What if you squat 100 kg and bench 70 kg in deadlift 140 in competition, are you a powerlifter then??
>>
No one really cares what you call yourself.

>have you entered a powerlifting meet?
>if yes, you can tell normies you're a pl
>if no, you can still tell normies you're a pl theyr'e stupid as fuck lmao
>>
>>36701297
>Is it when you start competing?

yes, that is the only yes/no metric involved. if you haven't competed in a drug tested fed like the usapl, you are not a powerlifter
>>
>>36701297
It's when you become fat and pretentious
>>
>>36701297
>What if you squat 100 kg and bench 70 kg in deadlift 140 in competition, are you a powerlifter then??

yes, but if you look like a twig or just look like a fat mess then normies will make snide remarks about you not looking like a powerlifter. it's best just to not mention it to anyone until you're on at least 2/3/4/5, and even then people won't really care
>>
>>36701297
Physical image and status quite often directly correlate, whether this is the brands you're wearing, your car, or your body.

You're a powerlifter when you look like enough of a powerlifter for society to clearly see so. Try not to assign your own status, when someones see's your size and the clothes you wear or your sports equipment and comments on it, then society is noticing and applying you the status itself, then it is okay to own it.

t. armchair sociology 101
>>
>>36701297
It's when you are too unaesthetic to be called anything else.
>>
>>36701322

that's not true. You can compete in a non-tested fed or in one of their non-tested divisions and be a PL. sheesh.
>>
>>36701374
best answer so far.
>>
>>36701297
If you train for power-lifting, you are a power-lifter

unless you do west side, west side makes no sense unless you are an equipped power lifter
>>
>>36701374
Excellent.
>>
>>36701297
Powerlifting is a sport. When you compete in that sport, you are a powerlifter.

Doing bench, squat, and deadlift doesn't make you a powerlifter. Being very strong doesn't make you a powerlifter either.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.