[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SS Help on "The Press"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: ripp.jpg (72 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
ripp.jpg
72 KB, 800x532
I fell for the SS+GOMAD meme and I've been making steady gains so far on all the lifts, gone from

95 to 165 squat
135 to 200 DL
75 to 135 Bench

in 3 weeks

But my motherfucking The Press has barely shifted at all, I started at like 65 lb and I'm stuck at 75 lb, failed a rep during my fucking second set today for christ sake

I hate this fucking exercise and am considering dumping it from the program but know that's a bad idea

How do I fix this stupid fucking lift
>>
>>36698445
Accessories maybe?
>>
How much rest between sets?
How much weight do you add from your previous workout?
>>
>>36699106
nah, at this point has to be his form. Make sure to flex your glutes and your hand placement is right. It's the slowest progression lift but you shouldn't stall that soon.
>>
>>36698445
Probably form related
You need to keep your core tighter than virgin pussy and utilize your hips in the movement

If you haven't seen rippletits video on The Press you should
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
>>
>>36698445
Be more strict with your pressing. Pause and don't lean back
Try to add reps to your sets, or do it for greater volume, then add weight.
Example
3x5->5x5->add 5lbs->5x3->3x5->5x5
Repeat
>>
I got stuck at 110lb 5x3 if that. Added some DB accessory work and really tried to stabilize by tensing up my lats. Monday I hit 125 3x5. Took a while for me
>>
>>36699153
What is correct hand placement? And I just squeeze my ass?

>>36699145
How much should I rest? I usually wait till my breath comes easy and my heartbeat feels normal
>>
>>36698445
Sounds like you shouldn't have started at 65.
>>
>>36699494
resting requiremtn is individual. i cant remember reading about it in ss but rip said somewhere up to 7 minutes, or as little as is needed not to impact your lifts. for example if you rest 3 minutes inbetween sets and cant help getting stuck, increase it a bit.
>>
OP read the damn book. It literally has the answer to every question you asked.
>>
>>36699636
this

also watch the vids of Supreme Lord Rippetits teaching it
>>
>>36698445
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqKhLR1zRaU

Remember to squeeze your ass HARD to shift your hips forward, and be really aggressive from the bottom. You need to initiate the lift with everything you got.
>>
>>36699169
I always found the "bounce" weird.

If I wanted to "bounce", I'd go to a disco, not to the gym.
>>
>>36699494
Read the book or else you'll struggle greatly with the program, I guarantee it
>>
>>36699674
>we want to nicolas cage the bar
alright
never using any other term for that
>>
TIGHT (glutes/core/everything really)

TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT

HIPS

HEAD THROUGH

These are my cues everyone I do a The Press
>>
Squats suck more than anything on programs like this.

Maybe try deloading and working your way back up
>>
>>36699494
All this is covered in the 12 minute rippletis vid anon posted above. I rewatch it every few months and usually get something out of it.
>>
>>36699676
Never try to make a joke again
>>
I The Press 160 for 10x1.
I weigh 165.

I do as many heavy singles as I can. Then, I go down a significant amount (20lbs this time) and try to get 5x5 if possible.

If I can't get 5x5 on the lower weight I'll drop about 10lbs and hit 3x3. When I get 10x1 at my heavy weight and 5x5 at my lower weight I move up 5lbs.

Heavy singles and high volume.
>>
>tfw short arms

HAHAHA 1 plate after a month of SS

HOW DOES IT FEEL ARMLANKLETS?
>>
>>36698445
do rotator cuff exercises maybe

>tfw ohp was by far my worst SS lift could barely do 40kg for 1
>tfw couldn't do it rotator cuff was in severe pain everytime
>tfw spent a while not doing it just doing rotator cuff shit
>suddenly one day can do 50kg for 5
>>
Your bench is 135 and your press is 75, so what's the problem? If you were benching 195 and couldn't press 75 then I'd say there is an issue. Right now you're just not strong enough to move more weight. Keep going and you will see progress.
>>
>>36700549
>rotator cuff shit
Like what? Internal and external rotation?
>>
>>36700584
So these exercises are interrelated? If my Bench keeps rising my The Press will rise as well?
>>
>>36698445
Try smaller increments on the weights. I use 1KG plates for OHP. Tbh considering your other lifts your OHP isn't that bad. Just keep at it. It takes time.
>>
>>36701502
Yeah, OHP targets the delts with the triceps and clavicular pec as synergists.

Bench targets the sternal pec with the triceps, front delt and clavicular pec head as synergists.
>>
>>36701502
Generally all exercise is related right now. You're a beginner with beginner stats. My point is that your lifting numbers aren't high right now so why would your ohp be higher than what it is? Down the road if you're 2,3,4 on the bench, squat, dead, and your ohp is 75 then it's a problem. Right now though your lifts all seem proportional to each other. In other words your ohp numbers aren't out of whack compared to all the numbers for your other lifts.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.