[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has /fit/ ever discovered something "abnormal" about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: scoliosis.jpg (56 KB, 800x459) Image search: [Google]
scoliosis.jpg
56 KB, 800x459
Has /fit/ ever discovered something "abnormal" about their body?

I've been lifting for about 3 months now. Seeing some good results, even I'm just a FNG.
Except for my right side.
I think I have nerve damage on my right side of my body.
Like, my right deltoid doesn't flex. I can flex my left one like a boss. Nice and round. But my right refuses to budge.
It's a weird thing. My right pec doesn't flex either.
And if I squat deep enough, my right leg quivers when my left doesn't.

Did I have a fucking stroke?
I'm scared guys.
I've heard that lifting can fix assymetry, but god damn, I feel like Ephialtes from 300.
>>
>>36693358
maybe you need to eat more protein
>>
I'm lopsided after onestrapping my backpack for all of high school and college. Right shoulder sits about a half inch lower than left.
>>
>>36693564
>this fool
>>
>>36693564
Do you walk with your right hand immobile while your left swings?
>>
>>36693618
i swing my right hand while i keep my left hand completely still and people have thought it's weird (i run like that)

not him but why do i do this?
>>
>>36693626
Dunno, I do the same. My dominant hand stays still while my left swings.
I carried a bag for a long time, but that was a long time ago.

I think it may just be conciousness of your dominant hand
>>
>>36693647
yeah it's weird, i hold the left in place but let my right hand swing free unless i think about pumping both

i'm sure there's a reason but it's not enough of a problem for me to get too far into it
>>
I have the same thing with my legs. One and its glute continue to get bigger and rounder while the other just seems to do nothing. I don't know if the medius, fascia latae thing or what but I feel nothing there. Not Bulgarian squats, not front squats, back squats, pistol squats, fucking clamshells, laying down leg raises.NOTHING. i feel everything in the bigger leg.
>>
>>36693721
do one leg leg presses only on your gimp leg
>>
>>36693721
Do you get leg quivers on squats?
My right likes to bitch out half way up.
I can make it all the way to completion, but I feel so weak that one leg needs to complains as I'm doing it
>>
>>36693727
Have tried them, I don't feel anything. >>36693787
I don't think any leg quivers, but i do know the weak one's splays out a bit more and i think the knee caves in a bit. Of course I'm always trying to correct em but I don't know. I wish my gym would let me exercise barefoot, I have a lot more control/balance.
>>
>>36693825
Weak one's foot*
>>
>>36693358
After lifting and getting cut realize my left shoulder is lower and my arms are uneven.

Also left bicep will not catch up to right.
>>
>>36693860
Do people notice?
I feel like a fucking fiddler crab
>>
>>36693872
No. I even have pointedit out and theyre usually like "you look good, i dont see it."

I do look better than 95% of guys in my gym so i guess its mostly dysmorphia. But i can see it...
>>
I'm the same but I think it's cause I've jerked off twice a day every day for like four years. I'm left-handed too.
>>
one buttcheek is smaller than the other :(
>>
>>36693358
OP YOU FAGGOT YOU NEED TO STRETCH. MESSAGE TO ALL OF THOSE WHO ARE IN THE INTIAL STAGES OF USING AND WORKING THEIR BODY. STRETCH. DEEP STRETCH. YOURE WELCOME.
>>
Yes, I've got terrible chest insertions that make it look like I have pectus excavatum. Only been lifting 6 months but I'm a manlet so I've made decent gains and there's a pretty big gap at my sternum between pecs.

And it seems like the bigger my pecs get, the more it looks like I have a hole in my chest
>>
>>36693860
STRETCH IT. GET IN THAT TISSUE AND MAKE IT WORK
>>
>>36694541
I'm a tall skinnyfag so I'm jelly of you.
When I build muscle, it looks like the fucking Scarecrow getting more straw.
I wish I was shorter so my gains looked like actual muscle
>>
>>36693358
If I do the curl movement, my left arm stops visibly before the right arm for some reason. It feels like there's bone stopping it.
>>
>>36694566
Having broad shoulders is a godsend for me. I'd gladly stay 2 inches below average and keep my torso width than be an average height guy with a narrow build.
>>
>>36694638
Jelly bro.

I thought I had wide shoulders until I started doing military presses.
Then I realized that I was a fucking chicken necked bastard.
>>
File: daniel-craig-wokrout4x5.jpg (29 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
daniel-craig-wokrout4x5.jpg
29 KB, 400x500
>>36694663
Assuming you don't have narrow shoulders, you can potentially turn them into this
>>
File: LayerCake-014.jpg (27 KB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
LayerCake-014.jpg
27 KB, 400x398
>>36694684
Have you seen Daniel Craig in Layer Cake?

I look kinda like this.

All neck and traps.

If he can look like that, maybe I can.

Gonna try to bulk up a bit.
Not look like a plucked chicken
>>
My nose is kinda crooked, my right eye is a smidgen lower than my left, and my chest sits a bit low. Aside from that, I am the definition of a perfect male from what I can tell.
>>
My right later seems to have a lower insertion than my left, either that or its bigger
The oblique on my left is bigger on my right, the abs on my right seem more defined that left
My right foot points out whilst my left is more or less straight
My his may also be twisted slightly

I think most of these are because I'm right hand dominant

Drives me crazy 2bh, even if it's only minor
>>
>>36694800

>his, later

Hips, lats*
>>
>>36694800
When you squat, do you feel that twist?
>>
>>36693358
My left ear is higher than my right. That's about it
>>
>>36693358
I learned on Monday (age 19) that I have scoliosis and I wand to die
>>
>>36694998
I know that feel bro. Been a year and a half since I found out.
>>
>>36694821

Sometimes I think I do
But im not sure if I'm over thinking it
>>
My right clavicle is higher than my left, so that shoulder is structurally fucked and my traps are very uneven.
>>
>>36693358
I have 3 nipples
>>
>>36695163
Yeah I have 4 nipples but two of them are placed perfectly on top of my right nipple so you can't even tell the difference.
>>
File: 1454877981726-1.jpg (124 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1454877981726-1.jpg
124 KB, 500x375
>>36693358
Mixed grip deadlifts, wanking too much with one hand, using one hand more than the other in general especially when moving things, hell even chewing too much on one side of your mouth can lead to muscle imbalances which cause these issue any all of you have. The only thing you can do is stretching and mobility exercises combined with strength training symetically using both sides of your body evenly and sticking too good habits and patterns to use both sides evenl (or other side until close to even THEN sticking to an even routine) of you do this then after a year its not fixed its structural or in your mind you filthy wanker
>>
File: lamar-gant-scoliosis.jpg (27 KB, 490x388) Image search: [Google]
lamar-gant-scoliosis.jpg
27 KB, 490x388
>>36694998
Don't trip bro, Lamar Gant had ridiculous scoliosis yet he held multiple powerlifting world records, he was the first recorded person to deadlift 5 times their weight.
>>
File: 1448661564395.png (293 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1448661564395.png
293 KB, 633x758
>>36693358
>Like, my right deltoid doesn't flex. I can flex my left one like a boss. Nice and round. But my right refuses to budge.
>It's a weird thing. My right pec doesn't flex either.
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.My right trap also connects to my neck while my life is smaller and I can't even flex it.Worse thing is,I have no idea what stretches am supposed to do.
Forever flexing from the right I guess....
>>
>>36695797
>Find this thread
Jesus christ... Are you guys me? I have exactly this.
>>
>>36695807
Really knew what the fuck am dealing with so I can properly fix it.AM THINKING it could be slightly depressed or elevated scapula on one side.Overhead shrugs could fix it.
http://injuryactive.com/shoulder-pain-part-2-how-do-we-fix-a-scapular-that-doesnt-want-to-upwardly-rotate/
>>
>>36693358
My left testicle sometimes ascends back into my body and I have an extra bone in my left foot.
>>
>>36694846
its supposed to be a bit higher

>that triangulation bro
>>
>>36693358
I have uneven pecs (and five cocks that's about it) ;P
>>
>>36694740
I have a very slightly crooked nose, my right shoulder sits just a little bit lower than my left and my right eye is slightly twisted(?) outwards. Otherwise same deal. Tall, blonde, blue eyes, sweet natural hair in general, wide shoulders and a germanic jawline. I basically look like a nazi posterboy
>>
>Haven't started lifting yet
>Modelling for gran's drawing class
>One of the members asks me if I've ever noticed my shoulders are uneven
>crazyoldladytalkingnonsense.jpg
> Right?

I can never not see the imbalance now. My collarbones aren't even at the same height
>>
File: Dan the Man.jpg (225 KB, 1127x424) Image search: [Google]
Dan the Man.jpg
225 KB, 1127x424
>>36693358
skateboard squats will fix that
>>
>>36693358
Left trap is bigger and shoulder sits an inch higher than the right one, and right pec is bigger than the left one.

>>36693860
Yeah this stuff, nobody has ever pointed it out before me.
>>
>>36693860
Start fapping with left.
>>
>>36693358
Shoulder thing could be from PC use, mouse arm or something like.
>>
>>36693358
My left elbow doesn't extend all the way and my dick is curved af
>>
I have a potruding sternum that pushes my pecks apart. I also have child bearing hips.
>>
>>36693358
My left shoulder is lower than my right one. (1-2cm) Mild scoliosis probably?
>>
>>36693358
right trap bigger
right bicep bigger
left tricep bigger
left quad bigger
righ delt bigger
left pec bigger but right pec stronger
right lat bigger

my body has to get it's shit straight desu
>>
>>36693358
When I squat, my right leg's heel wants to twist inward as I approach the bottom of my squat. Any idea what this is? I'm guessing its me not being flexible enough. My hamstrings are pretty ridiculously tight.
>>
>>36693721
Had the same. Do barbell hip thrusts, go slow off the floor to make sure you get even glute activation. Give it at least 3-4 weeks using 2x week frequency and 10-15 reps/set
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.