[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do if you got HULK structure?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
File: 001 Louis-Philippe Jean.jpg (326 KB, 1159x1820) Image search: [Google]
001 Louis-Philippe Jean.jpg
326 KB, 1159x1820
Hulk structure is generally thick bones, wide hips, massive ribcage, massive joints, and oversized hands and feet.

Generally this structure is considered bad for bodybuilding, as it shows less contrast with muscles, but it is good for strength.

If someone has this kind of structure is strongman/powerlifting Bear mode the only way to go?

Has anyone ever build a men's physique type of body on such a frame? Did it look ok?

Pic related, Loius-Philippe Jean, WSM competitor 6'2" and 350 pounds is a pretty standard Hulk structure guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfi3-ADJrhg - fast forward to 22 seconds to see a Humpback Whale climb
>>
>>36691027
bearmode/husbando mode. those aren't bad modes so dont worry about it
>>
>>36691027

You could go bear mode, but stay lean enough to keep abs.

Faurk that dude has either a giant dick or a rolled up sock - bulge of peace
>>
That is one of the few guys to both squat and deadlift over 900 pounds. His bench is well over 500, and his OHP is 430+. You could bulk and GH and Roid all you want, but you need a massive frame to ever get close to those kind of numbers.
>>
>>36691190

It looks like he's squeezing out a massive turn there.

Either that or he's trying to retain OP semen
>>
File: i79.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
i79.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>>36691027
Just get big as fuck.
>>
>>36691420
TayTay is hung
>>
>>36691027
350 lbs?! What are this dudes measurements?
>>
>>36691476

6'2" 350 but clearly he's like 25% fat
>>
>>36691120

The hell is husbando mode? That like dadbod?
>>
>>36692482
Nah, dadbod is chunky skinny fat. Husbando is thick and joocy.
>>
File: husbando.png (1 MB, 1167x568) Image search: [Google]
husbando.png
1 MB, 1167x568
>>36692482
pic related.

generally, husbando mode is for manlets and/or slightly taller people w/ smaller frames (5'5-5'11). bear mode is exclusive to lanklets with big frames (6'2"+)
>>
HGH
G
H
>>
>>36692129
That is less than 20%, but you're also a jealous skelly.

Daily reminder that THIS, not /fraud/, not Zac Efron, not Justin Bieber, not tinytrip, but THIS is what women desire the most. Evolution doesn't lie.

Grown women that is, I can't speak for the high schoolers you twinks chase after
>>
>>36692618
Lmao you don't actually believe this do you? That is pretty delusional.
>>
>>36692618
>/plg/ fantasy
>>
>>36691027
>tfw thin wrists and long forearms
Fuuuuuuuxk
>>
Who else small frame and 6'0? What should be my goal body? Actually have broad shoulders but joints are teensy tinsy
>>
>>36692747
Most oly lifters have small frames but are really strong proportionally
>>
That dude's wrists are probably over 10" around.

Looked him up, apparently he got into a serious snowmobile accident March 2015, was crossing a road and got nailed by a F450 on ice moving at over 50 mph.

Broke his leg and he had to have screws and a metal rod put in his femur.

He's recovering well, already training again.

Gotta be mentally tough having to learn to walk again after having done this before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJjXijXqN3M
>>
>>36692747

Collar bone length doesn't really indicate frame overall size. Just like long arms and legs can be thin and long. The collar bone is the same way, you can have very broad shoulders on an otherwise small frame. The opposite can also be true, a narrow shoulder guy can have thick bones.

Bone thickness matter more in terms of overall body mass and strength potential.

Generally taller people have the potential to have thicker bones, but it isn't always the case.

When you get guys who have tall height, broad shoulders + ultra thick bones you are looking at potential WSM contestants.

This is why GH use is probably rampant in the sport too, it more than anything else can dramatically thicken bones and tendons. This could make a guy look "blocky" by bodybuilding standards, but in strongman and powerlifting "blocky" is good.
>>
>>36692894
Thanks based weightlifter!
>>
>>36692894

Bullshit, bone thickness has nothing to do with strength. There are tons of strong guys with small hips and tiny joints. Ronnie Coleman had tiny joints and small hips and he was way stronger than the faggot in this thread
>>
>>36694080

When did Ronnie ever Deadlift 855 Raw, Squat 900+ with knee wraps, or OHP 430+ ?

Ronnie was a strong guy, but he was not as strong as Louis-Philippe Jean
>>
>>36694459

Ronnie deadlifted 800 for 2 in his video, and squated 800 for 2 too

Offseason he could of gone even heavier than your boy
>>
>>36694525

The squat was in gear and high.

There's a huge difference between squatting raw and squatting in single-ply (even bigger in multi-ply gear, but that stuff is almost unusable without dedicating way too much training time to learning it).
>>
>>36692618
Now that's what I call bait
>>
>>36694525
Please tell me how you are able to eyeball Ronnie Coleman's bone thickness
>>
>>36691190
>you need a massive frame to ever get close to those kind of numbers.
I don't think that's true, Pete Rubish has a tiny frame and an 815lb deadlift.
>>
>>36694657

Wrist size, hips width, knee joint, ankles - all are very visible on a bodybuilding stage. You can even see compared to others. Most successful bodybuilders have small joints.
>>
>tfw 9 inch wristlet
>tfw oversized ribcage
>tfw huge shoulder width but also child bearing hips
>tfw torso is 60% of height

I look like a 6'2 dwarf except for the fact that I've got a tiny head
>>
>>36692847
>was crossing a road and got nailed by a F450
was the Ford ok?
>>
>>36697474
Kek
>>
So, what is this guy's actual structure? Wrist size? Measurements?
>>
File: 744672-hugo-girard.jpg (21 KB, 551x427) Image search: [Google]
744672-hugo-girard.jpg
21 KB, 551x427
What is it with those fucking frogs and their freaking athletes.

I hate them so fucking much.
Stop leeching all the equalization money and get job you fucking have-not province
>>
>>36697440
Having <7 inch wrists at 6'2 is much worse. You are a lucky faggot, quit complaining
>>
>>36694080
Ronnie Coleman ruined his hips doing it. You can put up big numbers with small joints, but it's going to catch up with you sooner.
>>
>>36697440
I know your feels. I'm only 6'1, but I literally look like a turbomanlet that has been scaled up.
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-18+at+10.42.22).jpg (51 KB, 506x362) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-18+at+10.42.22).jpg
51 KB, 506x362
>>36692730
>tfw tiny wrists as well
I know your suffering.
>>
>>36691027
It's pretty funny how you all think "frame" or bone structure can vary so much between individuals. Yes, there are differences in size and slight differences in proportion, but this guy looks huge because he's 350 pounds. Do you actually think if he cut down to 220 he would still not show separation between muscles? You're so clueless about this stuff I just don't understand how you pretend to be interested in bodybuilding at all.
>>
>>36691190
i bench 500 and im not as big as him
>>
>>36692618
You're delusional AND clueless. He has a high body fat percentage. The difference is, at his height and size and his lean mass, even a relatively high percentage looks pretty good. You're completely retarded if you think he couldn't cut 100 pounds and have 80 of it be fat.
>>
>>36697709
>"""""slight"""""

You dumb faggot
>>
File: Zydrunas-Savickas-log-press1.jpg (1021 KB, 2448x1632) Image search: [Google]
Zydrunas-Savickas-log-press1.jpg
1021 KB, 2448x1632
>>36691027
>If someone has this kind of structure is strongman/powerlifting Bear mode the only way to go?
yes
>>
>>36692790
That's basically anyone who competes in any sport with weight classes.
>>
>>36697771
based big z
>>
>>36697770
He's right though. Despite what you think, bone thickness and size doesn't vary much among individuals, provided they are the same height.
>>
>>36697722
I bench 600 and have dwarfism
>>
>>36697440

You gotta be strong as hell though

9" wrists are pretty damn big
>>
>>36697709

Look at his WRISTS.

Nobody here is talking about the thickness of his body. In that note, even though he isn't "ripped" clearly ge's lean enough that fat isn't making a significant effect on how big his wrists are. You could starve him to death and his wrists bones would still be thick as hell. Bone thickness varies a LOT between people, even more on GH.
>>
>>36697722

Do you also OHP 430, DL 850 Raw 900+ with straps, and squat 900+ ? Can you also pull semi trucks 100 meters in under 60 seconds, and load a 400+ atlas stone?

Because even though ONE lift doesn't require being a superheavweight, the overall total still sure as shit does.

Lighter guys who can do all that are the exception, not the rule.
>>
>>36698255

Sauce needed
>>
>>36697549
:-(
I have 6" wrists at 6'5". What mode should I go for? I want to stay Natty.
>>
>>36699889

Just go for aesthetic otter+... you sure yiu measured right? I'm friggin 5'8" with 7.5" wrists
>>
>>36699587
You're literally wrong. Bone DENSITY varies extremely, and increases from lifting heavy weights. Bone thickness is not particularly variable, and is almost mathematically proportional. Like I said, people here are absolutely clueless about bodybuilding and body variability.
Maybe you're right about growth hormone use affecting it, however, that has almost nothing to do with his frame or his bodybuilding potential.
>>
>>36697770
You have no clue about human anatomy. That's fine, but don't pretend you do.
>>
>>36700659

Where is your source that bone thickness varies so little relative to height?
>>
>>36697732

Do you know what 80 pounds of FAT looks like?

2 pounds of fat is just slightly over 1 liter.

Think 20 2 liter bottles.

You are saying that this 350 pound strongman has enough fat on him to fill 20 2 liter bottles?

Even though he is lean enough to see his abs?

I am not seeing 20 fucking 2 liter bottles of FAT volume here. He would need a 3" thick layer of fat almost everywhere on his body.
>>
>>36698255

>>36700659

> You're literally wrong
> one thickness varies hardly any if the guys are the same height

No citation

Google search revealed NOTHING to support that.

The guy in the OP picture, and the several other pictures on this thread certainly LOOKS like his joints are a lot bigger than a typical 6'2" man.

The guy is lean enough that it isn't adiposity causing that appearance, and those areas really don't build much muscle over them either.

You can state "you're worng, you don't know shit" all you fucking wan't but at LEAST provide some data to back that up, a study of a large amount of individuals measured or something.

I'm honestly willing to give it a good read to, and I would even repeat and repost the sources.

The problem is I was not able to find ANYTHING to back up what you said on google, not studies, nothing.

So in this instance, you are claiming there is a real scientific explanation as to why some people look like they have mega bones, but in fact don't and that data exists to prove it and demonstrate why that is the case... and you are doing so WITHOUT any CITATION.
>>
>>36700659

Source that bone thickness doesn't vary much outside of height?
>>
>>36691027
>Hulk structure is generally thick bones, wide hips, massive ribcage, massive joints, and oversized hands and feet.
>tldr big everything
You could just have said "an extremely tall midget"
>>
>>36701756
Oh bummer
The sparse all caps words made me think you were the HEIGHT, FACE and FRAME anon.
>>
Bumping for sources cited demonstrating that bone thickness doesn't vary much outside of height....

Coming in calling everyone else stupid/uneducated/unknowledgable who believed that some guys really just have thicker bones based on the fact their wrists and other joints LOOK huge...

Claims bone thickness relative to height is all practically the same, and suddenly falls off the face of the earth when Citation is needed.
>>
>>36702515

He doesn't have any, he just pulled it out of his ass
>>
>>36691420
Triggered tbqh
The fuck is she touching that sweaty milk dud for?
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.