[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: anyone's antidepressants fucking up their fitness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 295x241) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 295x241
ITT: anyone's antidepressants fucking up their fitness? what do?

inb4: "you don't need meds faggot". I don't want to hear about it. last time I went off my meds I was nearly committed to a psych ward.
>>
Try different meds. Or, a better idea, talk to your fucking doctor who knows this kinda shit
>>
I took ssri and benzo for OCD. It didn't do anything except make me really fucking weird and pretty lethargic. Glad to be off them; wish they had worked better.

Also: Fuck psychiatrists.
>>
I take welbutrin and Zoloft for my life long major depressive disorder. Haven't had any major episodes in awhile and the side effects are pretty non-existent.
>>
>>36689997
>last time I went off my meds I was nearly committed to a psych ward.

Story?
>>
>>36689997
I'm unmotivated with and without my SSRI, still trying to figure something out but I'm never going to make it it feels like
>>
>>36691892
have you tried taking a lower dose? 25-50% of the prescribed dosage is more effective for me
>>
I kicked koloanipin after being on it for almost 3 years. thankfully kicked it for almost 2 years. started taking some of my left overs last week and my social gains have a been suffering. I need to just flush the rest of them
>>
>>36689997
I have been to a psych hospital. It isn't that bad. It is not really where you want to be though. My meds did not fuck with my fitness, my depression which was mostly unfazed by my meds did. Fuck depression it is the worst.
>>
>>36689997
i'm not on it anymore but lexapro fucked my shit up
>>
>>36689997
Bipolar schizo here, can't be off my meds for any amount of time. Feel they help me focus on fitness as a hobby.
>>
Taking Pristiq, it's pretty gr8 m8 I r8 it 8/8

Was taking Cipralex before that. Would make me manic for the first few weeks, baseline, then depressed again until I got it out of my system.

Everyone's different though, you may need to try multiple drugs.

Fun fact; a side effect of Pristiq is vivid dreams, which I'm happy to report I get. Really handy since I love lucid dreaming. These dreams are fucking intense
>>
>>36694619
Similar as you. I got diagnosed with schizoaffective order, I'll be stark raving loony if I don't take my meds. Plus I just take in caffeine if my meds make me tired.
>>
>>36689997
Taper off your meds fgt
>>
tren + lexapro = infinite appetite and infinite gains
>>
why would your ssri's fuck with your fitness
>>
Bi polar here, take lamotrigine and cipralex. No bad fit related side effects except for some bad sleep days.
>>
>>36692553
this

While I was suffering with depression I couldn't make any progress in the gym at all, even when being strict as fuck with my routine, sleep, and macros

was at the point where I was even going to the doctor to get blood tests done and getting my test levels checked because I was convinced something was wrong

couple years later after taking a break from lifting and being on meds for a small period and I'm making all kinds of strength gains
>>
>>36689997
I've always thought about getting meds for my depression but I doubt it'll end up helping me in the long run. Especially since they're not supposed to be a lifetime thing

I'll just keep coping with memes and gains. I didn't need a social life anyway
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.