[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just got prescribed abilify How will this affect my gains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 215x235) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 215x235
>just got prescribed abilify
How will this affect my gains?
>>
Doesn't it make you gain weight?
>>
Side effects include dizzyness, neausia, contipation, drowzyness, tremors, headaches, irritability, insomnia, anxiety, among others. These are in the "common" category, too. (≥1/100 to <1/10)
>>
File: image.png (364 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
364 KB, 750x1334
>>36688552
I'm serious by the way

Pic is in Norwegian but I'm sure you can recognize a few of the medical words.
>>
>>36688575

>Depresjon

kek

>Get perscribed anti psychotic drugs
>Get depression

Thanks
>>
jeez Louise, I had an ex who was prescribed this shit. Let me give you a quick rundown.

don't take that shit anon. it's antipsychotic drug which are the worst in terms of side effects.

Just look up TD. If you've ever been into a fucked up nursing home and seem the older residents with Alzheimer's convulsing and drooling it's because they got that shit from high doses of antipsychotic drugs.

Abilify is a classic example of a drug nearing the end of its patent and the manufacturer rebranding it for some other shit with some biased study so they can expand the time they have to sell their drugs at an extremely high price before generics come out from other manufacturers. That shit has no business in treating depression.

Honestly, all psychiatric medicine is fucked up like this. I'd advise you to ween off what you're taking now if you only suffer from non suicidal depression and go see a talk therapist instead of a psychiatrist. it'll be harder for you in the short term, but you'll be less fucked up in 20 years.
>>
Anon look up akathisia.

Do not take this drug unless it's a last resort, other medications have failed to help you, and you are ready to suffer the side effects.

Abilify IMO should not be used unless you are in a desperate situation. It gave me facial twitches, a stiff neck, and blocked my fine motor control. I couldn't play the instruments I usually did because it made my fingers numb and clumsy. The side effects went away for me, but there are documented cases where they do not.

I don't think it'd be a stretch to say that the drug might interfere with your motor control on lifts.
>>
>>36688575
Was it hard to get it? I'm also Norwegian.
>>
File: 1460068550086.jpg (351 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1460068550086.jpg
351 KB, 1200x900
Do not take Abilify

Do not take antipsychotics unless you have schizophrenia.

That antipsychotics have been approved as an adjuvant therapy for clinical depression is a fucking sham. The research is dubious and only just barely qualifies as a treatment so the drug companies can make even more money.

Abilify will:
>Inhibit dopamine (to "stabilize your mood") but will also leave you feeling like a zombie
>Increase prolactin (gyno is a very real possibility)
>Destroy your sex drive (prolactin directly inhibits dopamine receptors which are essential for sexual arousal)
>Cause a permanent movement disorder akin to parkinsonism (tardive dyskinesia)
>NOT HELP WITH YOUR MOOD

Throw it in the trash.
>>
>>36690990
>>36690908
>>36690616

Nursefag here. I can confirm all of this.
Psychosis is thought to be caused by an excess of dopamine (which is the "feel good" hormone) to the point that it causes hallucinations and manic/grandiose behavior. Abilify is gonna inhibit your dopamine.
If you are taking this for depression (lol why) you should be doing the opposite - you should be increasing your dopamine in order to feel better. I suggest Bupropion XL (the seizure side effect thing is a fucking sham - never actually happens).
>>
>>36688500
What is it prescribed for?
>>
>have a relative with mental issues
>he frequently goes into tantrums, raging and crying
>he was prescribed this
i hate the sides when i read them, but given the symptoms the guy has, i think it's worth it
>>
>>36691197
Exactly, all you faggots don't know what this is prescribed for. OP could be having auditory hallucinations telling him to kill himself, and you retards are telling him to not take it because he might feel restless or have increased prolactin.

Fuck you people are stupid.

OP, don't take medical advice from /fit/.
>>
>>36690990
I take Lamotragine and have since 2013, haven't noticed anything odd (got it for severe panic attacks)

Does it have the same problems? It's an anti-psychotic too technically, but mostly anti-seizure
>>
>>36691236
it honestly doesn't take a medical professional to see that psychiatric medicine is largely a sham when prescribed for non debilitating mental illness. Abilify got approved for treating depression when used in conjunction with SSRI anti depressants as to increase the patents life span.
>>
>>36691466
But nobody here knows anything about OP. OP could be psychotic and hearing voices telling him murder people for all we know. Yet 4chan experts are quick to tell him that antipsychotics are a meme his psychiatrist is pushing for shekels and that he should not take them. Aripiprazole might be manufactured by Jews, but that doesn't mean OP doesn't need antipsychotics.
>>
fuck lads my gf got prescribed this for bipolar 2.

>tfw you finally get a gf
>shes fucking nuts
>>
>>36691913
drop her. I dated a girl who spent a few weeks in a mental hospital for early in our relationship.

I put time and effort into supporting and visiting her while she was there, and spent years after helping her down the right path.

she ended up dumping me after three years of dating for some ugly unsuccessful faggot she was probably cheating on me with.

now years later I can say that the time I spent taking care of her was huge headache, and she was a crazy cunt who treated me like shit.
>>
>>36691550
I doubt someone psychotic would be posting on /fit/ about being concerned with losing their gains because of medication.

plus, most people itt are saying drop it if they don't have severe mental issues.
>>
File: 10zd0ud.jpg (53 KB, 528x358) Image search: [Google]
10zd0ud.jpg
53 KB, 528x358
>>36690990
Abilify is different from most antipsychotics. It can increase dopamine when used in low doses. Thats why it can be effective for depression
>>
File: 1418445479678.png (63 KB, 350x338) Image search: [Google]
1418445479678.png
63 KB, 350x338
>>36692156
but i lover her
>>
>>36692179
> people living with psychotic symptoms probably don't post on the internet about their meds

You've clearly never worked on a psych ward and interacted with schizophrenics, manics, schizoaffectives, or drug induced psychosis people. Many of them obsess about this shit and asking internet strangers for opinions is exactly what they would do.
>>
File: 1455756547145.png (432 KB, 562x342) Image search: [Google]
1455756547145.png
432 KB, 562x342
my wife was on antidepressants (prozac) and a benzo in colorado. very small amount. she was awesome. she moved to jersey and her new doctor put her on abilify and no antidepressant despite what all the ads say to take it in conjunction with another drug. and she had no problems with previous prescriptions. She went bat shit crazy and wouldnt get off the couch for like a week. I almost had to take her to the hospital. This was very out of character. Finally got her to go to another doctor and everyone basically confirmed the first dr was crazy. I think doctors just get kick back from drug reps from prescribing. Unless you are convinced you have a condition that requires this I would be very careful.
>>
>>36688500
I took 15mg dose of this before, I suffered really bad side effects from it. Mainly uncontrollable muscle spasms and massive weight gain. Not only that you'll suffer cognitive decline as well. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I'm still recovering from these side effects after 3 years of not taking it. Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>36692761
wtf did your doctor start you out on that dose? that might be malpractice, you're supposed to start at 2mg and work up to the higher dosages
>>
I watched a man gain over 100+ pounds on crazy meds like this. They even fucked with his doses just to see how it effects him.

>they test medication on convicts :)
>>
Is abilify + cipralex + concerta a good combo?
>>
>>36695556
For what?
Medically, no
>>
why didn't you ask your fuckin doctor when you got it prescribed.
>>
>>36695575
Why not? I'm bi polar with ADHD
>>
>>36688500
If you enjoy sex or even thinking about sex then dont take it.
I was prescribed it in october last year and after the first does I couldnt get an errection or cum any more.
Sex was boring and I even started having panick attacks from thinking about it.
Now six months on I can get an errection and cum again but my desire for sex still isnt back at all. My gf usually wants sex on saturday morning so I go to the gym then so i dont have to have sex with her or think about doing it.
If you are seriously messed up like I was, I was having obsessive thoughts all day every day that made me angry and affected every part of my life and the medication took that away and helped a lot but I was only on it for such a short time and now I will probably never have sex again.
>>
File: Dispepsi.gif (40 KB, 352x352) Image search: [Google]
Dispepsi.gif
40 KB, 352x352
>>36688575
>Dyspepsi
>>
>>36692231
Not that guy but we all love some fucked up asshole

After a while you start to love them less and find other people to love more

My problem is that I started loving somebody in a relationship. Don't do that, not a good idea
>>
lithium orotate, l-i-t-h-i-u-m o-r-o-t-a-t-e
>>
>>36692345
Am schizophrenic and can confirm what he said.
>>
>>36691079
The reason it's there because it happened during the clinical trails. Anything that happens during them have ti be recorded as a "side effect". Even if a trail participant ate more than usual, researchers have to report it as a side effect.

You, as a "nurse" should know that.
>>
>>36688500
would have been a good idea to ask that to the doctor the moment he prescribed abilify
>>
>>36694712
>I just read a report on the history of research ethics and still think they apply today
Maybe only it shit tier third workd countries. In other places, they have Institutional Review Boards that go over every bit of the proposal and even nitpick at it. Now, there are people like me and you who get paid a lot to do Stage I clinical trails to test for side effects.
>>
Antipsychotics will fuck your shit up. You're gonna look like Brendan Fraser in a months timr
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.