[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://strawpoll.me/7302524
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 4
File: fit.jpg (157 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
157 KB, 1152x864
http://strawpoll.me/7302524
>>
For me

Bench<OHP<Squat and DL
>>
I haven't reached ay of those YET.
But so far, from easy to hard: bench, squat, dl, ohp.
Why's my dl so fucking weak bros
>>
File: feels.png (11 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
11 KB, 645x773
(Hardest) gf>OHP>Bench>Squat>deadlift
>>
for me it was a tie between deadlift/bench
>>
>>36681750
Have you considered taking up rock collecting?
>>
Bench has always been the hardest for me
>>
>>36681680

Well I have achived 1pl8 OHP but nothing else.
>>
I have all of those, these aren't even impressive PR's .....except maybe the deadlift, that took me the longest to get up. But overall achievable within 4 months.
>>
2plate bench

I got to everything else within a year starting out struggling with just the bar, but holy fuck, it's taken me at least a year and a half to hit 2plate bench
>>
>>36681680
1ohp is ezpz
hardest to ezest it would be like
squat-diddly-binch-ohp
>gf
>>
Hit 1 plate OHP lika a year before the others, and gf soon after. 2 plate bench and 3 plate squat a few months ago. I suck at deadlifts and still can't dl 4 plate despite repping 3plate squat and 2plate bench
>>
OHP not even close.

I hit 3 plates not even a year and not even trying or other crazy shit.

Bench is next
>>
>>36681885

Lel, quarter-squatter spotted.
>>
>>36681680

>tfw I weigh 165 and repped 1pl8 OHP my first try
>>
I'm five pounds away from one plate OHP and I've been lifting seriously for two months now. It's actually funny because I can't even squat 2 plates yet.
>>
>>36682018
Exactly why any stats anyone ever posts without a video is bullshit.

Example: My friend went overseas and started working out while he was there. 6 months later was bragging he had decent numbers on squat/bench/dead. Came home and hit the gym with me, what'd I see?

>Quarter squat
>half bench
>hitching round back deadlift
>>
>>36682034

so funny ha ha ha
>>
First I got 3 plate dead, then 3 plate squat, then 1 plate ohp then 2 plate bench. Never got 4 plate deadlift.

Getting gfs has always been easy for me though
>>
>>36682037

>hitching round back deadlift

How do you survive doing this regularly?

I'm assuming my deadlifts are ok since my back feels fine apart from pump and I'm quite paranoid about tweaking my spine. But if people are able to be so shit on the reg maybe I should doubt myself more.
>>
>>36682081

The injury risks on roundback deadlifting, particularly if you're a competent deadlifter in general, are somewhat overblown.

I don't advocate doing it, because it is riskier than straight-backed deadlifting, but plenty of people have pulled with a rounded back for years or decades and not picked up any injuries from it.
>>
gf was hardest, but I got her 2 weeks after I hit a 4 plate squat
>>
>>36681772
You mean like strongman? He just said that his deadlift was weak so I don't really think stone loading will be his forte.
>>
>>36681680
Hardest is gf > diddly > squat > bench > OHP is easiest
>less than half consider gf the hardest
Rreeee, normies get out of my board, etc.
>>
>>36682034
i can do 6 reps of 1 plate OHP but cant even try the rest because not enough weights for deadlift/squat and no spotter for bench.

the gift & curse of a poor home gym
>>
>>36681680
should have made it a ranked poll, rather than choose one

squat>ded>ohp>bench
>>
>>36682142
straw poll doesnt let you do this and im too dumb to use google forms
>>
>not doing gf for reps
>>
>>36682141
Roll of shame man.
>>
>>36682051
>Getting gfs has always been easy for me though
How?
I mean weights are inanimate, they rely on your improvement. You put your mind to it, focus and keep lifting which means you improve

getting a gf is close to impossible, they have a will of their own and they dont give up easily
unless youre extremly lucky, gf should be the single hardest thing you ever get in life
>>
>>36681680
I'm 2.5kg from 2 plate bench.

I'm at everything else for at least 2 sets of 3 or a 3 and a 5.

I left my gf if 4 years recently.

Therefore for me it's the bench then gf then ohp then squat then deadlift
>>
>>36682240
Getting a gf is easy, all you have to do is not give a shit. Girls love confidence more than anything else and by not caring, you'll seem like you're super confident.

Guys who desperately want a girlfriend never get one because they're exactly that, desperate. Start living for yourself and the girls will flow.
>>
>1 rep
no thanks. I dont do meme routines
>>
>>36682140
>surprised that the fittest people on 4chan have gf's

This isn't r9k m80
>>
>>36682301
apparently 48% of /fit/ thinks getting a gf is harder than all those lifts
>>
>>36681750
My DL is weak because I have goddamned T-Rex arms. On the flipside this means my bench is monstrous.
>>
>>36682273
>Start living for yourself and the girls will flow.
maybe im doing something wrong then
Ive lived for myself for six months now, not giving shit about what people think is easy because ive never really done that.
I dont think not giving a shit is the only part of the equation, sure it might be a part of it but you need alot more

To lift you only need will to improve, food and time. Two of these come rather naturally
>>
>>36682321
Be in places where girls can notice you or get to know you. They don't magically appear.
For me it was in school. It can be in the gym if it's a social gym. Can be anywhere t.b.h.
>>
>>36682109
Plenty of old guys at my gym pull with a rounded back, and I'm not gonna tell them to do different because they've been doing it for longer than I've been alive and they're probably stronger in that position now anyways.
>>
>>36682430
School is out of the picture, im more into a long term relationship
That just leaves the gym then, guess ill have to unplug my headphones and try to find a girl there
>>
3 plate squat, fucking easy, doable in just a few months.

2 plate bench, also easy, but not as easy to achieve as the squat.

4 plate deadlift, similar to squat, but not as easy.

1 plate OHP, easy as fuck, not sure why anyone would have problems with that weight.

1 gf, impossible.
>>
>>36681680

>tfw intermediate on all lifts, soon to reach 1/2/3/4pl8
>tfw forever untrained with gf
>>
I could probably OHP my gf
>>
It can be creepy in the gym if you don't know them yet.

Why don't you start any training/course/class of any kind?

Go travel, be social, go to parties/festivals, meet new people via current friends.

To meet girls you have to be in a lot of places. This is key.
>>
>>36682497
was for
>>36682470
>>
I reached 2 plate bench first, then 1 plate ohp, then 3 plate squat and finally 4 plate deadlift. I'm still waiting on the gf.
>>
>>36682497
>To meet girls you have to be in a lot of places. This is key.
this is true. you just have to be around girls and eventually one of them will fall for you. I actually used to have lots of gfs before I became a NEET. I was pretty awkward, but I was social every day. all kinds of weird people get partners, it's not really that hard.
>>
>>36682490
thats sexy and i hope i can do the same someday
>>
>>36682497
>>36682516
I will have to take your word for it lads, ive been social extensively but maybe its not enough
Thank you, ill keep up the grind and maybe someday ill get lucky
>>
>>36682497
>Why don't you start any training/course/class of any kind?
Also, i dont have the time
i practice some martial arts and study full time as well as keeping up work
I wish i had more time but ill find some one day
>>
>>36682478

How do people do this? I've trained with many people over the years and no one gets to 3 plate squat until at least 1 year of training.

If you start at say 90lbs which is reasonable for an untrained person and squat twice a week progressing every single time by 5lbs which is highly unrealistic it would still take you nearly 6 months to reach 315lbs...
>>
>>36681825

I have all of those too, they aren't even impressive PR's .....except maybe the deadlift, that took me the longest to get up. But overall achievable within 3.5 months
>>
>>36682551
Maybe it's just me. I have great genetics when it comes to my legs. My quads, hamstrings and Gluteus Maximus and calves have always been way ahead of my other bodyparts. I've always had strong legs even before working out.

>tfw girls don't give a shit about legs
Thank god I don't lift for grills, though.
>>
File: 1418644046608.png (167 KB, 500x737) Image search: [Google]
1418644046608.png
167 KB, 500x737
>>36681680

>0 gf
>>
>>36682029

>tfw this never happened
>>
>>36682551
its bait you moron
>>
>>36681680
bench is the hardest for me
>>
>>36682551

Some people have good genetics (either for lifting or for squatting in particular). Some people come in with previous athletic experience. Some are heavy bastards who are willing to keep the weight on. Lotta reasons.

Its not super common but it does happen. Especially if they've got someone tweaking their form.
>>
>>36682583
No, it's not.
>>
>>36682545
No girls at school/uni? It's the best place to meet girls.
>>
>>36682273
>Getting a gf is easy, all you have to do is not give a shit.
in my experience all that's done is get me laid, no chance of a gf from it
>>
>>36682551
i started at 285 for 5 in highschool. It's possible.
>>
>>36682579
post body or quit shitposting you fat faggot
>>
>>36682598
Class is mostly girls but i cant relate to them
Plus most girls who study are smart and driven, the exact opposite of what i want

The best relationship ive had was with a girl who didnt know what she wanted to do in life. All we did was have sex and watch movies, it was awesome but then again we were 17 and 18 so wasnt really much else to do
>>
>>36682614

Lol, sure you did buddy, its common knowledge you can dump 225+ lbs onto an untrained teenager and they don't crumble under the weight like the sturdy bastards they are
>>
>>36682563
I have all of those, these aren't even impressive PR's .....except maybe the deadlift, that took me the longest to get up. But overall achievable within 3 months.
>>
>>36682650
ignore him,he's probably a fat american quartersquatter who swears he did this and that at highschool but he cant do it now because he doesnt play football every day anymore.
>>
>>36682657

I have all of those, these aren't even impressive PR's .....except maybe the deadlift, that took me the longest to get up. But overall achievable within 2.5 months
>>
>>36681772
They're called minerals
>>
>>36682626
>doesn't want a smart and driven girl

Ok I give up. Those girls aren't found outside anyway. Good luck.
>>
>>36682860
Why on earth would you want a smart girl? you want a girl who wants to be with you, a smart girl is much less likely to stay
>>
>>36681680
gf>1ohp>3platesquat>2platebench>4platedead

Honestly getting a GF isn't hard if you go out to drink.
>>
>>36682018
>squatting 3 plates in a year is hard
fuck of you fucking paraplegic
>>
>>36682889
>a smart girls is much less likely to stay

If you aren't smart, and have a shite personality. Then yes.
>>
so far I have

50kg ohp
80kg bench
100kg squat
140kg deadlift
1 gf
>>
>>36682915

But how can you drink and make progress in the gym at the same time?
>>
>>36682921
Who is easier to trick into staying in a relationship
a smart girl, or a dumb girl?
the dumber the girl the more likely she is to stay, smart girls know that if you fuck up even slightly she can up and leave for the next guy around
>>
>>36682941
Why trick a girl into staying into a relationship?
Why fuck up making her leave?

It sounds like you are trying to mask your shitty personality/behavior with a shit tier girl.
>>
>>36683009
>Why trick a girl into staying into a relationship?
How else am i to keep her? seriously, im not perfect and there will always be other guys out there who she might think is more perfect than me. Its simple really
>>36683009
>Why fuck up making her leave?
Bad shit happens, cant really control that
I made the mistake of introducing one gf to my mom who has been in an accident so she has some mental problems from that and that girl ended up breaking up with me since she "didnt want to be part of that future"
My mistake cost me my gf and you cant spend your life avoiding every mistake, its stupid to think you will never fuck up
>>
>>36682273
>Getting a gf is easy,
for you
you fucking retard
>>
>>36682932
I mean once a month, anon.

You can have afew drinks and work around it with your calories.

Or even not drink at all - just have soft drink.
>>
>>36681680
OHP & Bench easiest, deadlift & gf hardest
>>
File: 1457833876601.jpg (619 KB, 1959x1469) Image search: [Google]
1457833876601.jpg
619 KB, 1959x1469
>>36681758
I know that feel.

I can't get a gf but I have (not e-stat srrs):

5pl8 diddly
4pl8 squat
3.5pl8 bench
2pl8 ohp
>>
had an easy time getting my ohp to 135
my bench is struggling at 185
what on earth
>>
>>36682551
>played football and wrestled for 4 years
>started lifting
>reached 1/2/3/4 within 6 months
>i can now rep those weights

not my fault you were a neet brah
>>
I've achieved all of those lifts but still no gf.
>>
>>36681680
From easy to hardest for me: OHP, bench, squat, deadlift

I've done a 1 plate OHP, and almost done the bench and squat
>>
>>36682841
Jesus christ
>>
>4pl8 diddly
>hardest to achieve
>1pl8 OHP
>Easiest
what are /fit/ all manlets with stumpy arms?
>>
>>36681680

>Can OHP 1 plate easily
>Can bench 2 plates relatively easily
>Struggle to squat 2 plates
>Struggle DL 3 plates

Why my legs are so weak?
>>
>>36685643

Im the opposite..

180 DL, 90 squat, 50 ohp, 65 bench
>>
Hardest
Gf(never done this one) > deadlift > bench = OHP > Squat
>>
>>36681680
You guys and girls are so lonely and pathetic. At this point /fit/ is /r9k/ 2.0.
>>
>>36685696
2 Months training:
165 Bench
105 OHP
2pl8 Squat
2pl8 diddly

2x5
1xBO for these exercises

I feel like my upper body is progressing faster. Is it a form thing? I've had some gym-bros help me with form so I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right.

Progressing well, should I reduce reps? Change it up?
>>
>>36681680

For me?

DL -> Bench -> Squat -> OHP
>>
>>36681680
I started at 1 plate for working reps on ohp, and 2 plate benched once the second day. Haven't tried since.

But then you get to legs... I started at 95 pounds for squats (at 180 now and going up) and 2 plates for deadlift though I'm pretty sure I did 275 the first time. I'm at 280 for working reps now.

I might get diddly, but even though I'm going up on squats, 3 plates seems impossible.
>>
lol surprisingly good turn out for your poll, OP

for me personally (easiest to hardest)
1gf
1pl8 ohp
2pl8 bench
4pl8 dead
3pl8 squat

gf's are for people who like to fuck one vagina and one vagina alone. there are so many why would you stick with just one?
>>
>>36681680
I have long arms so achieving a 2 plate bench is my dream goal. I suspect your body type determines which lift is hardest for you.

>tfw my max OHP is getting close to my max bench
>>
Easiest to hardest:

OHP->squat->deadlift->bench->gf
>>
I'm at 0/1/2/3/4 for 5+ reps. working on 0/2/3/4/5.
>>
>>36681680
I have strong shoulders, so am pretty good at OHP. Also 6'1, so deadlifts are higher than turbomanlets.

Bench and especially squats? Shit
>>
>>36681680
Hardest
Bench>OHP>Deadlift>Squat>gf
>>
>>36681680
gf is impossible mode

>I thought I would find love after getting a 5 plate squat
>>
>>36685994
Why support a family of 5 when you can support a squat of 5 plate?
>>
Have all except 1 plate OHP
>>
>>36681680
ohp<bench<squat<dl<gf
>>
>>36681680
I think it's all rather easy if you go about it th right way, but I think 4 plate diddylift is the hardest.

I pretty much started with 1pl8 press, Bench isn quite there, I also only use weight that I am safe with since no safeties/spotter, so I do 80kgx5. Diddylift is at 100 kg now for a few reps, I don't squat yet but it should be easy once I start
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.