[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Posture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: postures1.jpg (53 KB, 488x350) Image search: [Google]
postures1.jpg
53 KB, 488x350
I feel like my posture is slowly approaching lumbar lordosis. My belly is pushed out more than my chest and my lower back, nearest my hip. The area is sometimes painful when I bend down or use my back to lift. Tonight, I feel like trying to deadlift would give me a one way ticket to snap city.

> what stretches can I do to help?

> what exercises can I do to fix my posture?
>>
>>36681322
Holy shit I have never seen a person with lumbar lordosis before. That is fucking great. Going to google that but in walking form.
>>
i have the same problem and i'm scared that when i'm deadlifting i push my lower back in way to far because of it so i end up trying not to and ending up kinda round

i've stopped deadlifting but the same thing kinda happens with squats where my lower back will kinda go in
>>
>>36681348
it's really exaggerated in that pic kek it makes me stick out my stomach and looks like i have a bigger ass than i really do
>>
>>36681348
OP here, obviously my posture isnt even close to as bad as the pic. My posture is actually pretty good overall, but I've just noticed a slight change over time.>>36681356
same thing happens to me, its frustrating that I slightly look like I have a dad bod when I do a shit ton of planks every day and have a bf% of about 13.
>>
>>36681404
yeah you can see my stomach kinda stick out since my shirt fills in the area where my back goes in it doesn't look like it's bad and just makes me look stupid

i've heard hip flexor stretches and some other stuff helps but i'ev never tried to really fix it
>>
>>36681356
>>36681404
Okay because I keked so hard to that picture. If that wasnt exaggerated then that would fucking suck to be you.
>>
>>36681436
kek it's kinda like sway back but instead of tilted back at the hips it's your lower back that's pushed in
>>
>>36681445
this
>>36681436
I would kill myself if I actually looked like the OP pic
>>
>>36681404
Also, I might just be overreacting about my posture, it could be fine, but my lower back still hurts and i can't find a way to stretch it god dammit.
>>
>>36681457
I just imagine OP pic running up to me in the gym asking me for a spot for squats.Fuck I would like to see him do ass to grass squats. I would lose my shit.
>>
File: OP_having_the_time_of_his_life.png (56 KB, 185x293) Image search: [Google]
OP_having_the_time_of_his_life.png
56 KB, 185x293
>>36681322
>>
>>36681322
please somebody respond with advice, My back is fucking killing me and no stretch is FUCKING WORKING
>>
File: 1457135316169.jpg (407 KB, 1260x1782) Image search: [Google]
1457135316169.jpg
407 KB, 1260x1782
>>36681578
that photo and that filename
>>
>>36681581
here
>http://stronglifts.com/lordosis-why-it-causes-lower-back-pain-how-to-fix-it/
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Svlc3TfCJA
>>
>>36681609
thank you senpai
>>
>>36681322
I'm using this guide ATM.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/posture-power-how-to-correct-your-body-alignment.html
>>
File: 1457565654260.gif (1000 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457565654260.gif
1000 KB, 500x500
>>
>>36681322
I had (still have a bit) lordosis and kyphosis.
SL for 2 months, theyre almost gone.
Lordosis is caused by imbalances beteeeen muscles and bad resting posture.
The quads pull, abs are weak, hammies are weak and lumbars are tight.
Deadlifts with proper form and stretching the pecs will do wonders for kyphosis and general back health.
Abs, quads stretching and hamstring strengthening will do the trick for lordosis.
Basically just do SL plus abs and stretch those fucking pecs and lumbars
>>
File: Pelvic-Tilt1.jpg (68 KB, 916x446) Image search: [Google]
Pelvic-Tilt1.jpg
68 KB, 916x446
>>36681322
Lots of westerners suffers from lordosis/anterior pelvic tilt due to sitting in chairs for most of the day. This makes our quads and hip flexors short and tight, which pulls the pelvis forwards and downwards. Resulting in us looking like le reddit meme dickbutt.

Easily corrected by stretching quads, hip flexors and lumbar extensors (erector spinae). Google it. Also strengthening your abs and hamstrings, which will both tilt your pelvis backwards.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.