[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Do You Resist Temptation Brehs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: brehs.jpg (48 KB, 648x429) Image search: [Google]
brehs.jpg
48 KB, 648x429
When you're trying to eat clean.
>>
Eat a scoop of whey everytime you feel like snacking and realize food that is purely just carbs+fats with very little protein does absolutely fuck all for your goals in trying to lose bodyfat.
>>
>>36669964
It's exactly what you expect: willpower. You have to want that lean, aesthetic body more than anything else. You don't just want it--you HAVE to get it. There is no choosing or not choosing temptation, you HAVE to avoid it. You can't just skip work, you HAVE to go because you CANNOT be fired. You HAVE to not punch that one fucker you hate in the face, because you CANNOT go to jail for assault. Don't treat it like option; treat it like an obligation.

That's not to say you can't fit junk food into your macros, but it leaves you less full and you're more likely to fall off the wagon if you do it too much IMO.
>>
>>36669994
>Eat a scoop of whey everytime you feel like snacking

I know that sounds excessive, but i've actually been doing this lately and I've been getting stronger and noticeably leaner at the same time, which is fucking shocking because im about to hit my 4th year lifting and Ive stopped tracking calories/macros.

Since starting that I've probably drastically increased my protein intake without realize, hence why Im getting stronger and leaner.

Remember protein has a 25-35% T.E.F compared to fat which only has a T.E.F of 5% and carbs which is about T.E.F of 10-15%.
>>
>>36670031
Enlighten me anon, what is TEF?
>>
>>36670068
Thermic effect of food.

And before anyone mentions it...no.....TEF is not already accounted for in macro-nutrient calculations.

1 gram fat = 9 calories - TEF -5%
1 gram carb = 4 calories - TEF -10 to -15%
1 gram protein = 4 calories - TEF -25 to -35%.

Replacing a few hundred calories from carbs/fats with protein and you'll begin to get leaner by default, even with calories the same, just with more protein and less carbs/fats.

It's why people who can get lean on high calories eating 200-250g protein per day, they have a TEF based diet.
>>
>>36670173
>random bullshit
This are the people who give you advice /fit/.
>>
>>36670384
lol.

do you really want me to reference where I get all this information from?

didn't know this was a fucking university assessment
>>
>>36670437
Hey anon, I'm not
>>36670384
but I would like some references so I can do my own learning. What your talking about sounds legit, I'd just like to read the source material. Cheers anon.
>>
>>36670437
Don't ever post on my japanese weightlifting forum ever again
>>
>>36669964
>tfw its easier to resist temptation in the middle of the city then it is at home in the countryside
What the fuck is wrong with me.
>>
File: 1459897173317.jpg (15 KB, 235x212) Image search: [Google]
1459897173317.jpg
15 KB, 235x212
>>36670173
>shitposting this hard
>>
>>36670494

I can resist food so easily when I am outside in public, but when I get home and I am in private, I can't resist it.

This tells me it's all mental.
>>
>>36670523
I mean when I live in the city I eat shitty food all the time but my weight doesnt go up because I dont eat that much.
But when I am in the country I crave shit I cant get and end up eating too much of healthier shit to compensate.
>>
>>36670437
>lol
>>
>>36670173
keto will have a word with you
>>
>>36670173
Been doing a little reading, and everything this guy said is pretty much legit. Thanks anon, today I learned something.
>>
>>36669964
the first few days are the hardest, then saying no becomes much easier

>t. eaten nothing sweet but fruit for over a month
>>
>>36670384
>>36670519
nah it's actually true
>>
>>36670685
For you to fathom the stupidity of what you just said, I recommend reading the ketogenic diet by lyle mcdonald
>>
>>36670173
hi jerry ward
>>
>>36670173
So 1 in 4 calories consumed via protein is burned digesting it?
>>
>>36670716
so much this. If i've been eating chocolate (my kryptonite) for a couple days in a row (christmas, easter etc.), cutting it out cold turkey leaves me feeling like shit for at least 3-4 days before I get over it. But man, on day 2 I feel like clawing my eyes out
>>
File: 1459506792397.jpg (45 KB, 410x490) Image search: [Google]
1459506792397.jpg
45 KB, 410x490
>>36669964
Always hated chocolate. My temptation is to literally not eat.
> mfw they said once you leave skelly mode food won't be a problem
> still hate eating huge amounts of food
Fuck.
>>
>>36669964
Usually, I just go and do something active to distract myself. I burn more calories, and avoid the cravings.
>>
>>36670739
Yes. Converting protein to useful energy in the body is not a particularly energy-efficient chemical reaction compared to the conversion of carbs and fat to energy.
>>
Related, how often do you guys allow yourself a cheat weekend? (Fri-sun)
>>
File: 1406821042193.png (394 KB, 779x588) Image search: [Google]
1406821042193.png
394 KB, 779x588
just ate a snickers on a cut i dont give a fuck
gonna put me 100 above my goal calories today, but i worked out and drove my bike for an hour
>>
>>36670173

i guess this explains why i use to be leaner back when i would eat 1kg of chicken everyday
>>
>>36670752
I feel you breh, I'd rather just not eat.
Have a monster maybe..
>>
By eating more filling meals.
>>
>>36670884
>monster

my nigga
>>
>>36670805
>cheat weekend

Fucking hell anon. Just have a cheat meal once a week if you're going to fall off the wagon this hard.
>>
>>36670884
>>36670942
Explain this black magic to me
>>
tfw I want to get low bf but not really that much.

Why isn't there a low calorie version of Nutella?

I've lost 3kg in 2 weeks, but I still can't stop wanting it.
>>
This >>36669994 might sound like a shitpost, but I've been doing it for half a month so far and it actually does eliminate your hunger. You also get a bonus protein out of doing so
>>
>>36671094
never know
>>
>>36670805
every weekend
>>
File: 1456774925433.jpg (220 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1456774925433.jpg
220 KB, 1200x900
>>36670884
>>36670942
See >>36671071

Plz respond.
>>
>>36669994
>realize food that is purely just carbs+fats with very little protein does absolutely fuck all for your goals

this is a dark path i wish i never went down.

>hey anon, do you want to come over for pizza?
>hey anon, let's just get a burger
>hey anon, do you want some cake?
>let's go out and get pissed, anon

fuck off REEEE
>>
>>36671477
Not those lads, but I once started cutting by doing a fuckton of cardio (5-6 hours of skiing) and drinking 2 monsters inbetween with some cola (mixed with 100-150ml rum) before and after. Literally didn't touch food for 4 (four) days and had so much fucking energy that I could barely fall asleep after all those hours of cardio shit

It will basically eliminate any cravings for food, partially because of the fuckton of calories in it, mainly because of your body getting b8ed by the energy spike, thinking it just consumed some heavy amount of carbs. I made the effort to count the calories of the stuff I was getting and they were usually around 1.2k daily.

Tho I'm not sure if that was purely the effect of the monsters or the alcohol, or some strange combination of both of them.
>>
>>36671571
Forgot to mention that every time I came back home from the skiing I also did a couple of push-ups and a 10 min abs HIIT
>>
I used to brush my teeth because it'd make chocolate taste like shit desu
>>
>>36671571
My problem is the opposite. Any advice to be hungry more often? Other than the obvious.
>>
Just be too depressed to eat
>>
>>36671094
there is. Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter. It's tastier and has 60% less sugar. Also no additives/preservatives
>>
>>36671640
From personal experience (since I have a problem of over-eating), every time I touch carbs (especially junk food, chocolate or bread) I literally can't stop craving for food during the whole day. I'd easily eat 3k+ and not feel it, and I'm only 5'10.

Maybe try starting from there. Sandwiches and chocolate.
>>
>>36669964
Feeling too furious to eat sweets.
>>
>>36671732
Has almost the same amount of calories tho. Also 5 times the price.
>>
>>36671757
cool, then you can reduce your consumption and also get higher quality
>>
>>36672040
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>LITERALLY JUST DON'T EAT AS MUCH LMAO

>IF YOU WANT TO HAVE LESS CALORIES JUST EAT LESS OF IT LMAO
>>
>>36670805
That seems excessive. Even a cheat day is a bit much, so I only have one I my birthday and Christmas. An occasional cheat meal is the way to go. One time every 2 weeks or so won't hurt you as long as you don't allow your single cheat meal to spill over into other meals.
>>
>>36672059
shit up bitch
>>
Brehs it's called IIFYM. Eat all the junk you want senpai as long as it fits below your macros your good and you'll continue loosing weight.
>>
>eating clean
>skin still looks like sht
just fuckin end me already
>>
>>36672970
You'll just feel like shit while doing it.
>>
>>36669964
I just dont buy stuff that will make me want to cheat
>>
>before /fit/
>not at all active
>eat good; lots of vegetables, cook my own meals, etc

>after /fit/
>lifting more and more every week
>hungry all the time
>crave fast food for the first time in years

fuck
>>
>>36669964
>cut almost going perfectly for a month
>losing a lb a week, maintaining strength, no bad cravings
>suddenly cave in and devour everything
>cookies, chocolate, chips, everything
>bloated for a week, just getting back to what I was before the binge

Fuck me I knew this was too good to be true. I'm such a retard
>>
>>36670031
>Ive stopped tracking calories/macros.
How do you stop tracking cals and macros and continue making gains/maintaining your physique?

Going off to college soon where I'll be on a meal plan and tracking will be hard. Worried af about losing my leanness, strength, or size due to lack of knowing exactly what I'm eating.

I mean obv I can try eating healthy, getting in a lot of lean meat and veggies, but it's hard to ballpark everything
>>
>>36669964
I just don't like brownies and all that stuff. I don't really like sweet things. Salty snacks are sometimes a temptation but I got sick from eating too many Funyuns when I was younger so chips don't appeal that much to me

Sunflower seeds are my weakness. I eat so many that my tongue and lips start getting these salt cracks or something, especially the Russian ones with that hard crust salt stuff
>>
>>36674489
>eating unpeeled, sunflower seeds crusted with salt as you walk around the neighborhood with friends

God I miss summers in eastern europe
>>
>>36669964
>Temptation

what are you? a faggot?

i know its not but try to avoid sugar when you can, its poison
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.