[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im doing full body every other day (AxAxAxAx) and i feel fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1397937270471.jpg (37 KB, 470x495) Image search: [Google]
1397937270471.jpg
37 KB, 470x495
Im doing full body every other day (AxAxAxAx) and i feel fucking great about it. I pretty much do the same lifts very day, bench, row, pulldowns, OHP, incline DB, BD shoulder press etc (standard heavy compounds). Im making more results than ever. Everyone always says dont train x bodypart too often in a week but im doing absolutely fine.
>>
Kluck kluck motherfucker
>>
>>36669071
wtf is that supposed to mean
>>
Roids or natty?
>>
>>36669071
Literally no leg or core training.
Chickenleg mode initiated
>>
You don't get enough volume per body-part doing this.

PPLxPPL is literally the ultimate routine for both natty lifters after you've done a few months of a full body.
>>
>>36669606
Holy fuck op dont listen to these normies

Low volume high frequency is the best for natties, you dont need much volume to stimulate growth. Id say less than 5 years natty you dont need as much volume. Just make sure your compounds increase, if they arent progeessing then add volume
>>
>>36669678
>Id say less than 5 years natty you don't need as much volume

Are you spastic mate?

You need more volume the longer you've been lifting.

You're not going to progress doing 3 sets per bodypart after you've got all your noob gains. I bet you're a <2 year lifter who doesn't know any better and thinks just because you've been making gains off just a few sets in your noob gains phase that you can continue doing that later on.

Doesn't work like that.

PPLxPPL allows for 2x frequency + a perfect amount of volume (fit within a single session).

You're fucking around doing full body every other day. Trust me, I've done it myself, OP isn't the first person to do it.
>>
>>36669606
How so? PPLxPPLx, assuming 6-8 sets per muscle group gives 12-16 sets per part per week. OPs routine gives (assuming 3-4 sets per exercise) 3-4x4=12-16 sets per part per week also, with more rest days therefore more time for CNS to recover. If you can handle it, FB routine every other day is probably the better way to go about it... Of course if you do more volume on PPL this can be argued but 10+ sets per part = roughly 30+ sets per workout which is excessive for a natty
>>
>>36669058
This only works if you're a noob-lifter - unless you do the old-school fullbody workouts which require almost to live in the gym to cover all the volume.
>>
>>36669794
I know what you're saying, but the thing is, there is not just only ONE way you should be looking at your volume. Total weekly volume isn't the ONE and ONLY thing you need to worry about. You also need to worry about how much volume you're doing in a single session. There's a threshold, that early on in training years is very low, but the more you train, the higher this threshold is.

I made the mistake of thinking total weekly volume was all that mattered, and I even do a full body the same way OP is doing (except I actually did my entire body, not just 75% of of it like OP is doing) and I all I did was maintain, there wasn't enough volume per bodypart for me to grow.

I've tried many different things and I've come to the conclusion that 2 x weekly frequency with a good amount of volume is by far the BEST way to train naturally. You still need volume as a natty, you still need frequency, PPL gives the best of both worlds. Everyone should be on PPL after they compete their full-body goals (3x week training) of hitting 1-2-3-4, then move on to 6x week training with PPL.
>>
If I can lift 3 days in a week:
>fullbody 3x
If I can lift 4 days in a week:
fullbody 2x, U/L once for extra volume
If I can lift 5 days in a week:
U/L twice from monday to thursday, extra fullbody session on saturday for 3rd squatting session and other shit
>>
>>36669794
If I walk 6 km every day in a week, would I have done the equivalent of running a marathon? No
>>
>no squats
>no deads
>all upper work
>all shoulder work

enjoy doing this for a few months max and them wondering why you have a forward shoulder that also hurts like fuck
>>
>>36669058
>full body
>only upper body
>>
>>36669071
>>36669550
>>36669919
>>36669924
Not OP but it clearly says >etc (standard heavy compounds)
>>
>>36669914
Naw but you would look a lot better than the mo farrah looking fucker that had
>>
>>36669876
Okay I see what you mean. For the purposes of general strength I mean frequency greater than all variables for a natty, but looking at it from a bodybuilding perspective, I understand that as the muscle grows, a minimum volume threshold has to be met in order for sarcoplasmic hypertrophy to occur. But for X trainee with < 2-3 years under their belts (most people here id imagine), smashing your lats for 10 sets twice a week aint gonna make a whole lot of difference than if you did it for 4 sets multiple times a week. Only difference is the higher frequency allows the motor pattern to be trained more efficiently -> strength gains -> better gains once graduated onto a lower frequency, high volume split due to the higher weights you should (theoretically) be using. But I digress. Train hard, eat a lot, profit.
>>
>>36669058

>im doing full body

You've missed your legs.

But I agree, moderate, full body workouts 3x per week for natural hypertrophy.

Build the intensity up over 8 weeks, then deload and repeat.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.