[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Minimizing loss of gains after surgery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: HIH-1.jpg (61 KB, 400x233) Image search: [Google]
HIH-1.jpg
61 KB, 400x233
Sup /fit/.
I just recovered from Hydrocele surgery (buildup of lymph fluid around a testicle, see pic related) and the doctor told me I couldn't do any sort of physical activity for 4 weeks. What steps should I take to minimize the loss of gains/strength?
>>
Man, your nuts are at stake! Just don't do anything physical it's not worth it :/
>>
>>36663077
What can I do to minimize loss of gains?
>>
>>36663109
bump
>>
Can't you do bicep exercises that don't mess with your donglers?
>>
>>36663054
Ask your PT you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>36663224
The doc told me that any kind of physical strain would hurt it. What about diet, and other factors that could control it?
>>
>>36663054
I have hydrocele in my left nut, and I almost got DQ's from joining the military because of it. Its harmless for the most part although my balls are a lot more sensitive than they should be, in a bad way.
>>
>>36663255
I don't have a physical therapist for this, the doctor just told me to lie low and do nothing.

I had a plastic/rubber tube inserted in my scrotum for a week, and it drained bloody lymph fluid onto a sheet of gauze for a whole week. It was very uncomfortable, felt like I had just been kicked in the balls.

>>36663273
Mine was getting way too big, about the size of an orange, and it made lifting very uncomfortable, if you can imagine.
>>
>>36663324
damn that sounds awful

my balls [read: left ball] are just big enough to make it seem like I'm packing some serious heat so besides the fact that wearing skinny jeans sucks and the occasional bout of pain, its kinda a positive

the only real "downside" I can think of is that I might become sterile, which sucks, but is also a plus
>>
>>36663324
Then tell your doctor you need to speak to a PT. You're allowed to, I promise.
>>
>>36663364
You bet your ass it is.
>>36663371
I'll email him and see if a PT could give me advice. Doctors usually reply back super fast.
>>
>>36663449
OP here. The doctor said that the PT wouldn't be able to give me any exercises. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>36663054
nigga listen to your doc and rest. your balls are mo important
>>
>>36663701
Ok. Will do.
>>
Just eat 1.5g - lbm of protein. Nothing you can really do here
>>
>>36663877
>>36663701
I'm assuming i should eat at maintenance calories, right?
>>
>>36663054
Try relaxing you gym junkie.
>>
Get advice from a PT, your doctor would put you in cryogenic stasis if he could.
>>
>>36664052
kek
>>
>>36664017
Working out is how I relax.
>>
>>36663054
How was the surgery dude? I've got one on my left nut that intermittently starts to hurt like a mother fucker (sitting becomes VERY painful for more than 10 mins),and I'm also convinced it's lowering my test significantly (constantly tired, little to no motivation for anything, VERY slow/no muscle/strength growth even when bulking enough to gain 20lbs).

I wanna get it fixed this summer, but I'm also tempted to get blood work done to see if I can get prescribed test beforehand so that I'll recover/grow that much quicker.
>>
>>36663152
>>36663109
>>36663054
Might as well take the opportunity to cut. You're going to lose gains, so why not lose body fat in the process?
>>
>>36663273
I think I might have the same deal. Was afraid that is I went to a doctor it would be in my records and dq me from joining the Army. What was your treatment?
>>
>>36663109
eat a lot of protein carbs and fat, balanced diet , you will gain fat but you will not lose muscle

alternatively you could eat protein based diet and retain most of your muscle and lose fat but you will lose a bit more strenght and muscle than if you had a well balanced diet, trade off being less fat gain
>>
I was born with apple-sized balls because of that.
>>
>>36667238
Do you get anything out of it? Like being able to have massive loads and mintue long orgasms or is it just really fucking inconvenient with no positives outside of the freaky huge nuts factors.
>>
>>36667270
I had surgery to get rid of it after I was born.

From what I understand, it wouldn't have really bothered me until I became an adult and then would have had to get surgery, like OP did.

I don't think there's any benefits besides having the novelty of a freakishly large nutsack.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.