[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heart attack?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (409 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
409 KB, 400x400
Hey /fit/, fatbro here. Trying to lose weight, already cutting calories, want to try HIIT but whenever I run for like a minute, my heart rate skyrockets to 170+ and I'm worried about dying. Calculated it on exercise bike at a moderate pace and was around 115-120.

Suggestions?
>>
Doubt running is gonna kill you, then again, I don't really know how in/out of shape you are. I'd say stick to walking long distances for the time being, and work up to jogging, then running.
>>
>>36649146
Keep running, your heart rate will level off once your body gets used to the exertion
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 350x200
OP here. Hate to use another wrestling image, but this is closest to my size I can find. He's 1inch taller and 6 pounds lighter, but I'm roughly the same size.

I just don't want to die working out before hitting my goals.
>>
Just slow the fuck down. If you want to lose fat, run slow, with a heart rate not much higher than what you already do on bike. And run for longer, one minute flying won't do shit for you. Maybe some injuries here and there.

Seriously, slow down and go for longer. Fuck speed and fuck distance.
>>
>>36649478
>I just don't want to die before reaching my goals
Underrated quote
>>
Run slower. Maybe go to a gym and walk fast-ish on a treadmill, whatever. There's plenty of stuff to do.
>>
>>36649478
Do not run

Start using elliptical machine , running burns alot , but you will injure your knees because you may weight too much

also forget about your hearth , if you dont feel good stop , but dont forget alot of pains are solved by breathing with your nose before giving up
>>
My advice to you as someone who is further down the road. Do not fall for fad diets, just eat less and do more. No Keto or IF bullshit, that comes later if you start struggling with the last bit of fat.
>>
>>36649146

>fatty
>running

bye bye knees
>>
People still fall for the HIIT meme?
>>
File: 1409468778734.jpg (15 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1409468778734.jpg
15 KB, 576x432
>>36649146
ketosis, fitbit, treadmill your fatass to 10k steps a day. You will be skinny in no time. Then start a program to get in shape. Maybe P90 or something. You will be shit at it at first. Then get better. Switch to normal diet. Do a couple rounds of it and then start playing with heavier weight training now that you are in good shape. Bulk, cut, wash, rinse, repeat.

I dunno. Something like that I guess.
>>
>>36650476
fall off a cliff and die of broken bones and starvation
>>
>>36649478
>Fat
>Owens
>Fat
>>
>>36649146
Just did a stress test on the treadmill at cardiologist today (I get heart palpitations sometimes, they're trying to find cause}, my heart reached 180 after about 10 minutes of 60% effort. They told me it looked normal, so I wouldn't worry about hitting 170 after a minute of sprinting. I think that's normal.
>>
>>36649146
Dont do heavy impact cardio, just gentle stuff and weights, more importantly you need to change your diet.
>>
OP here, thanks for the advice everyone. In terms of diet I'm trying to stick to about 1200-1500 a day. I'm 5'11, 273 pounds.

Today when I wake up, I'm gonna head to the gym and do arms and then try for 30 minutes on the elliptical before heading home.
>>
>>36649146
Running is just intensive as fuck when you are fat because of the weight you have to haul. Go to the bike again and try to push it a little bit, I bet your heart rate will be 170-180 then. This is a perfectly normal heart rate for intensive cardio up to 1 hour and its not bad for you at all unless you are old or have serious heart problems.

Also dont run as a fatty, it will destroy your skellington
>>
>>36653813
1500 with your weight is too low. aim for 15% caloric deficit.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.