[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OKAY so I am 174 lbs and 5'6". 100% fat manlet. If
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Strength-1.jpg (208 KB, 2048x1458) Image search: [Google]
Strength-1.jpg
208 KB, 2048x1458
OKAY so I am 174 lbs and 5'6". 100% fat manlet. If I were to start working out on a caloric deficit, I'd obviously lose fat, right?

Just want to know if I will also get strong. Not looking to be the next Henry Cavil or anything, but I don't want to lose weight AND be weak only to have to work it all back up by eating more again.
>>
No insight?
>>
>>36645923
Read the programming chapter in SS.

He expects average height Fats to eat about 3,500 calories and shrink their waistline while taking their squat from zero to 2pl8 in about four months on his program.
>>
>>36646575
the whole nutrition part is wrong in ss (the book)
strict to the program op and go for an actual expert in nutrition when it's about nutrition
3500 is just too much for a fatty manlet
>>
>>36645923
No. Eating a deficit will not make you strong. You need to lift to get strong. That said, noob gains can go a long way.
>>
>>36646666
Well okay. I guess here's my real question. Will I lose my annoying gut if I eat appropriately and lift like a mother fucker? I don't care about my weight so much as the fat. I don't want to be fat. Want to be fit.
>>
>>36646734
Do SS or SL and conduct a four month experiment
>>
>>36646734
IF you eat in a deficit you will lose weight.Get in ample protein and most of that weight will be fat.Regardless most of the weight will probably be fat because you most likely lack any muscle in the first place(no offense).You may get a little stronger because of noob gains but dont expect great increases in your lifts
>>
>>36646749
I will give them a look.

>>36646776
I have little muscle, You're right. But if I eat enough food to create muscle, will fat burn or will it just sort of stay? That is my question. I'm fine being 170 lbs if it's muscle and not this disgusting 28%+ bf.
>>
>>36646776
Not op but what if I eat at a calorie surplus of around 200 calories? Wouldn't I just cut fat and gain muscle slowly?
>>
>>36647732
Dunno.
>>
I'd like an answer to this please.
>>
File: BrajkovicTDF9_710-033-640x960.jpg (152 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
BrajkovicTDF9_710-033-640x960.jpg
152 KB, 640x960
>tfw 5'7"
>130 lbs

I wish i was fat sometimes...
>>
>>36650932
No you don't. I feel it is infinitely easier to start from skinny to fit than it is to go from fat to skinny.
>>
>>36645923

Of course you can get stronger.

Your BMR is something like 1800 calories a day. Start either Starting Strength or Strong Lifts as you're a rank beginner - if you go with Strong Lifts switch over to Starting Strength after 2-3 months.

Eat 1600 calories daily - exercising three days a week brings the total amount of calories you burn from 1800 to 2200 - which puts you at a respectable 600 calorie deficit. Because you're starting off with babby weights, a cut that deep won't interfere with your strength.

Be sure to get at least 100 grams of protein daily. The rest of your calories should come from low glycemic-index carbohydrates (oatmeal and sweet potatoes, any and all other non-starchy vegetables) and healthy fats (coconut oil, olive oil, grass-fed butter if you want).

You'll probably drop around 1-2 pounds a week while gaining strength in the mean time.
>>
>>36651191
That's reassuring. If I go 5 times a day, with 30 minutes of cardio and 30-45 minutes of weights, will that still be appropriate or would I run into over training? I'm trying to get into great shape by November.
>>
>5'8"
>I weigh 180 lbs
>and my bf is 10%
lmao
>>
>>36651703
So you work out. Congratulations. Want a protein cookie?
>>
>>36651703
Asshole
>>
>>36651703
Who cares, you're still a manlet.
>>
>>36646734

Yes, but the gut is the last thing to go. 78 kilos isn't that much tho. You're about 13 kilos overweight, I guess. You can do that in 4 months, no problem. But it's not really gonna be easy, because those last kilos are a bitch.
>>
Just kinda skimmed through starting strength, what the fuck is this shot about eating 35-6000 calories a day? Even at my piggiest I was maybe downing 2800 and feeling disgusting. How am I to eat that much?
>>
>>36652988
SS will make you fat, watch Scooby's vids.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.