[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Protons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: the thing.jpg (323 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
the thing.jpg
323 KB, 1600x1200
So what's the deal? How much protein do you REALLY need?

I'm guessing it's not just a minimum binary point under which you just don't make gainz. But is it a linear relationship? For every extra g of protein I have the potential to put on x amount of muscle? About where does it plateau?
>>
1g/lb seems like a pretty solid goal to shoot for, but it's hard to get that from much other than a decent amount of meat.

I hate eating a lot of meat
>it's too tamasic
But plant proteins are just ass.
>>
>>36644060
Studies are pretty inconclusive about benefits from over 0.6 g/lb of body weight, usually 0.75 is the max I'll go for. Any more than that and it just ends up getting stored as fat
>>
3 protons a day
>>
File: cat.jpg (27 KB, 289x345) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
27 KB, 289x345
>>36644307
Shit I'm eating too much
>>
File: cmon son.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
cmon son.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>36644306
>protein
>ends up getting stored as fat
?????
>>
>>36644271

>1g/lb

Per pound of LBM
>>
0.8g per lean body mass
this is the only correct answer and anyone who says otherwise is a faggot
/thread
>>
>>36644337
Do you even biochemistry bro? Every macronutrient could be converted and stored as fat
>>
>>36644370
1.3 g per kg has proven time and time again to be optimal intake for protein synthesis. Not saying you're wrong but a lot of people don't accurately know their lbm
>>
>>36644337
Clearly you have a very simple knowledge of nutrition. Maybe you should take a biochem class brah and take your knowledge to another level
>>
>>36644060
I tend to go for a minimum of 1g protein per lb of body mass. Now obviously if you're fat, switch that to 1g per lb of lbm for obvious reasons

On workout days I tend to go for 1.5g per lb. But that's just because I eat more on workout days because I'm cutting.

I don't know how much more benefit I would get by eating more protein than this. But you can't go wrong if you eat at least this amount. Any less IMO and it's possible you're not getting enough to maximize gains. So why take the risk?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.