[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Manlet strength
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Lid-driven_cavity.png (74 KB, 855x557) Image search: [Google]
Lid-driven_cavity.png
74 KB, 855x557
How much does height influence the weight being lifted? If a manlet and normal person lifts the same weight then obviously the human is stronger, but by how much?
>>
>>36642547
If a manlet and lanklet both lift the same weight. Then they are of equal strong. Not one stronger than the other.

Your question is too simple. You should be asking about people of different bodyweights lifting the same weight. But even then, both men would be equally strong. But the lighter man (often the manlet) has a higher strength efficiency.
>>
>>36642633
Nah I think he was talking about levers and shit like how lanket have longer arms and therefore need more muscle to move x weight
>>
>>36642633
>If a manlet and lanklet both lift the same weight. Then they are of equal strong.
But the lanklet has more torque on his joints/muscles because of the length of his limbs
>a higher strength efficiency
explain
>>
If we're considering strength as how much a person can lift, then both men are equally strong. Taller lifters usually have to deal with longer lever arms and bar paths; if we consider the physical work done (force times distance) then yes, a taller lifter will generally do more work per rep than a shorter one. But, as with most things, there is probably a lot more going than just "work".
>>
>>36642547
Did you sleep through physics or something? Shorter limbs= easier lifting. That's why champion powerlifters aren't svelte giants but short, stumpy and fat.
>>
>>36642700
Ah, yeah. I didn't get that from what he wrote. He kinda made it difficult to know which human he meant when he just said "obviously the human is stronger" lol.

But yeah. I guess OP is a lanklet and wants to know how unfair it is?
>>
File: manletsBTFO.jpg (198 KB, 712x628) Image search: [Google]
manletsBTFO.jpg
198 KB, 712x628
>>36642633

Wrong.
>>
>>36642709
>explain
If a smaller mass is able to move a big mass at the same rate as a big mass is able to move an equally big mass, then the small mass is the most efficient, no?

Regardless, I didn't understand your question so what I said doesn't mean much now anyway lol.
>>
>>36642762
how do you even read this ?
>>
>>36642762
WTF is this
>>
>>36642547
If they weigh the same, it's more impressive than the manlet. Small people simply require less food to get strong. The trade off is they can't reach the faucet
>>
>>36642762
So what this graph is trying to say is, that the manlet has more strength efficiency, right?

And at the same time. If you can move the same weight as someone who weighs more than you, that is also greater strength efficiency.

The strength being produced by the "normal sized" human is less efficient than the manlet. Therefor greater power output is needed to achieve the same level of relative strength.

Next time you post a graph though. Try to give a sentence or two explaining why you think the graph is proving a point. It helps people to understand what you are trying to say.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.