[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>used to be kind of fit, haven't worked out in a long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: T5w6sShHwF-2[1].png (15 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
T5w6sShHwF-2[1].png
15 KB, 300x250
>used to be kind of fit, haven't worked out in a long time
>decide to do starting strength
>warm up, stretch, do warmup sets, know proper squat form already etc
>squat 3x5 115 first time, then 120, 130, not having any issue going up slightly in weight every couple days
>knee not giving me any issues during squatting
>wake up to knee being sore after last workout day
>it's now been a week and my knee feels progressively worse and more sore every day, makes clicky noises, pops a lot, and feels unstable if i turn my upper leg with my lower leg remaining at the same angle

so basically I can never squat or anything again, right?

I have what I think is a PCL tear from over 10 years ago that I never got repaired or even MRI'd. There was no rehabilitation, there is definitely some kind of tear in my left knee even if it's not PCL.

I guess this is a pointless thread, I'm just in anguish from the rage of feeling this way after the high I got from working out after years off.
>>
>>36638897
>knee feels progressively worse and more sore every day, makes clicky noises, pops a lot, and feels unstable if i
Stop lifting until it stops hurting. When you go back to squatting use proper form and stop twisting your knee when you transition up/down. Clicking & such is generally just dehydration and lack of stretching.
>>
>>36638938
>generally

.....right but i have an unrepaired knee injury that was never even immobilized. i don't think i can risk doing these exercises anymore before getting an MRI.

does anyone use the knee braces with the metal parts? I've tried fucking 4 slip-on braces and they simply just won't stay in place.
>>
OP, when I came back to lifting I had serious problems with literally every joint in my upper body. The wrist, elbow and shoulder were all atomizing before my eyes.

I just kept at it and it got better. This happens because your body still has neuromuscular adaptations and can lift more than you physically can sustain. Don't push beyond your limits and you'll be okay.
>>
>>36638943
You're suffering from extreme faggotry due to self diagnosis.
>>
>>36638973
when i have a degree in exercise science i can diagnose myself.
>>
>>36638983
You're qualified to be a personal trainer, not a doctor.
>>
>>36639020
no, i'm qualified to be a physical therapist or occupational therapist's assistant.

sho wish I could afford an MRI. Does anyone have a PCL tear? It's supposed to be not that bad if you have good quads.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 352x395) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 352x395
>>36638983
>degree in exercise fitness
>>
>>36639060
>exercise fitness

no, science. as in, requiring high level physics, calculus, organic chemistry, etc, all those courses you never took.
>>
>>36639055
You need a DPT & a license for that bb. They probably wouldn't even let you teach PE with what you've got.
>>
>>36639098
>you need a DPT to be a PTA

even dumb people like you can go PTA, it requires like 1.5 years of tech school classes. pays pretty decent.
>>
>>36639114
The way you wrote it implies physical therapist or an assistant. Being an assistant means fuck all other than you aren't capable of doing the actual job.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.