[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So getting to the point I want to join the military but I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: BF3rskvn.png (55 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
BF3rskvn.png
55 KB, 472x472
So getting to the point I want to join the military but I'm over weight however I'm a active athlete I don't do much but walk, run, and little things like hike etc. I've done cross fit for a year but it wasn't what It was cracked up to be. Of course my diet is my main problem but slowly working on that with a counting calorie diet. Can anyone of you give me a simple cardio only workout list give me a set of reps to do and etc I want to do something simple and nothing fancy just a regular routine to do.
>>
>>36636267
I'm not going to waste my time. If you were stupid enough to do crossfit then you are too stupid to do a real routine.
>>
Your the one wasting your time being a dick dude
>>
>>36636300
Go back to plebbit crossfitter
>>
I don't want a faggot ass mutherfucker like you in my branch. It's bad enough they let women into combat.

Try killing yourself little crossfit bitch
>>
>>36636267
New Army PT standards are a fucking joke real talk
>>
>>36636300
Also *you're
>>
File: 1427118161580.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1427118161580.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
>>36636267
>how do I cardio
Google "couch to 5k", do that.

>give me a set of reps to do and etc
There is no "reps" with cardio unless you have a hard on for jumping jacks. Do couch to 5k, you don't need any fussy shit.

>I want to join the military
Include lots of pressups alongside your cardio. Work up to a goal of 31 in one sitting. Once you can do that, aim for 75. These are the minimum required and maximum attainable scores in Army fitness tests respectively, assuming you're in your mid-twenties.

>diet is my main problem but slowly working on that with a counting calorie diet
Eat 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of your bodyweight every day, your body will need this to build and maintain muscles in your legs, arms, and chest (running and pressups).
Eat within the range of 10*x and 12*x calories per day, where x is your bodyweight in pounds. This will make you lose weight at a good speed.
Once you aren't overweight (google the Army's height/weight standards), consider adopting a higher-calorie diet to build muscle, while still eating the same levels of protein.

>I want to join the military pt. II
Cut the "I'm over weight but I'm an active athlete" talk immediately. There is nothing, not one single thing in the entirety of the world, that pisses off superiors in the Army quite like a fat new guy. Don't. Be. Fat. End of story, until you are not fat, leave your "muh athleticism" at the door.
As >>36636281 said you are clearly not the sharpest tack in the shed. 90% of what I just told you above can be found in the sticky -- you know, the one right at the top of the board. Listen more than you talk and don't get a big mouth when you join the Army, especially in training, and especially especially in basic. One of the biggest parts of being a successful enlisted guy is just knowing when to shut the fuck up.
Never say the word "Hooah" unless forced.
Check your contract for everything you ask for at the recruiter's office. If it ain't there, you ain't getting it.
>>
>>36636267
when i tried to join the recruitment office always had training going on. see if your office has that too. focus on aesthetics. (push ups, pull ups running endurance) cause the military isn't looking for body builders or doesnt care about how much you can bench press
>>
>>36636267
Ask your recruiter about the ol' saran wrap+preparation H treatment.

Pass tape, enlist, and before you know it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boNRVXR7bqg

> THE BEND AND REACH
>>
>>36637972
what the fucking fuck is this fuck
>>
>>36636267
Try swimming, and cycling. They are excellent low-impact cardiovascular exercises. I suggest the laps in a pool (freestyle stroke), and cycling on a real bike instead of a spinning bike. GET RIPPED
>>
>>36636408
When did they update
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.