[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how dangerous is it to lose weight as quickly as possible? i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: fat-man-body-fat-man[1].jpg (79 KB, 855x1200) Image search: [Google]
fat-man-body-fat-man[1].jpg
79 KB, 855x1200
how dangerous is it to lose weight as quickly as possible?

i weigh about 250 lbs and recently found out i have severe sleep apnea.

i read that losing weight (20lbs+) can really really help the symptoms but if i lose weight slowly at 2 lbs per week its going to take me atleast 10 weeks to do this.

is it bad if (for health reasons) i try to rapidly lose weight as fast as i can?
>>
There's no evidence that losing weight "too fast" is dangerous or counterproductive in the long term.

On the other hand, there is a mountain of evidence that being overweight is extremely dangerous.
>>
>>36634323
i thought they said that losing weight too quickly will destroy your metabolism?
>>
>>36634302
Talk to your doc
>>
>years being a fat slob
>"MUST LOSE ALL THE WEIGHT IN 3 DAYS TEEHE XD"
>>
The amount of weight lost in a period of time is meaningless for health. What is important is the method used to result in that weight loss.
>>
>>36634334
Who is "they" and what is their evidence?
>>
>>36634334
>they

Never trust They. They is a piece of shit who doesn't understand science.
>>
>>36634350
other people on 4chan

>>36634344
what method should i use? i want to lose weight as quickly as possible so ive increased my exercise and i am also eating much much less (but still trying to be balanced)
>>
Cut on like 1800 calories and you will lose weight at a good pace, but over time it will slow down since you are not as heavy as before and don't need as much calories.
>>
>>36634360
http://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-get-started-on-low-carb-take-our-brand-new-2-week-free-challenge

This should get you 10-15lbs down. Keep it up for a month and you should have your 20.
>>
if you lose weight too fast you risk dealing with loose skin, if you don't care about that, then there is nothing wrong with it
>>
>>36634391
Loose skin sounds bad, the the alternative staying fat.
>>
File: 1410252467291.png (444 KB, 465x455) Image search: [Google]
1410252467291.png
444 KB, 465x455
>>36634302
wow 10 weeks however will you cope
>>
>>36634391
>>36634415
Loose skin in inevitable. It can take up to 2 years for loose skin to retract as much as it is possible. So while losing weight over a 2 year period can minimize the amount of loose skin you have, losing the weight and dealing with the loose skin for a while is a healthier option.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK