[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often do you weigh yourself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: 1441828543251.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
1441828543251.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
I weighed myself 2 weeks before I started working out. Haven't done it since but I feel like i'll be disappointed by either how little I lost or how much I gained. How often do you weigh yourself?
>>
>>36633931
Weekly. I losing fat and getting newbie gains right now so the scale doesn't mean much. Just so my pants keep getting looser.
>>
File: weight.png (120 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
weight.png
120 KB, 2560x1440
Every damn day. Almost.
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 640x1136
every morning (i delete the fluctuating weight-ins)

if you don't measure yourself, you don't know if you're headed in the right direction! for me it's very important
>>
>>36633980
>i delete the fluctuating weight-ins
Why?
>>
Every day, multiple times a day, because I'm a depressed cunt who sits at home all day doing nothing.

Coming up on -150lbs from my heaviest though, so at least I've got that going for me, which is nice.
>>
>>36633961
not bad man! 280/180 pics?
>>
>>36633931
Every time I pass by the scales on the whey to the shower.

I find bulking hard because of my current living situation so I need to always keep track of how it's going. If I'm a little light, I know to eat more on any given day.
>>
File: Selection_394.png (33 KB, 431x392) Image search: [Google]
Selection_394.png
33 KB, 431x392
>>36633980
> i delete the fluctuating weight-ins
This is pointless & obsessive. I don't bother doing this, the app shows you the trend automatically.
>>
>>36633948
my pants are essentially falling off now, but I don't look too different physically. I feel amazing though
>>
Every morning when I wake up. Sure there's variations due to water and food weight, but you still have that risk if you do it weekly. Doing it everyday makes it easier to know what's a fluke and what's not and give you a better idea of how your weight is trending.
>>
I have a scale that also measures my body fat % and water %. I use it almost every day
>>
>>36634004
>If I'm a little light, I know to eat more on any given day.
You're supposed to adjust calories +/- 10% of your TDEE, every 2-4 weeks, based on the trend. Adjusting daily is gonna wreck your metabolism & take you to no gains town. You're basically just yo-yo-ing your glycogen weight up & down for no reason instead of taking it steady.
>>
>>36633985
so i get a straight curve. OCD much. but in all seriousness i don't need the "stomach not empty or didnt piss yet" weights.
>>
>>36634048
The fluctuations are important information. You want to know if the difference from yesterday is outside the range of normal variations.
>>
>>36634016
i know but can u tell me why mine is over the real measurements all the time?
>>
>>36634043
I'm eating at a surplus and gaining weight. The most I do is have an extra bowl of oats if I'm at the bottom end of the scale.
>>
>>36634066
i'm not sure if i understand you correctly. if its 1kg down that would be strange yeah. but i would see that.
>>
Before and after every defecation and urination
>>
>>36634112
do you also have a scoreboard? top ten biggest shits?
>>
File: skin.png (29 KB, 1965x1141) Image search: [Google]
skin.png
29 KB, 1965x1141
Every morning after taking a piss.

Used to do it every time I went to the gym, as I also keep a record of lift progression, but now that I go 6 days a week instead of 3, I figured I'd just do it every day.

Started cutting two weeks ago. Never counted calories before I started cutting, which is why it's so erratic.
>>
>>36634129
2.2lbs
Had to cut it with a knife to get it to flush
>>
>>36634003
No pictures. Too insecure even today.
>>
>>36634146
>2.2lb
AKA a "kilocrap."
>>
File: I've wasted my life.jpg (31 KB, 450x341) Image search: [Google]
I've wasted my life.jpg
31 KB, 450x341
I try to do so at least once a week. That being said, I wish I could maintain weight, seems like after my cut (275 to 190 pounds) last year, I can't seem to eat enough no matter how much I eat. I'm at 183 and kind of sticking around that point, managing to gain a little more muscle and lose some fat, but no real progress.

I should get a gym membership already rather than using the shit apartment gym.
>>
>>36634154
aww. awesome progress anyhow. very consistent. you can be proud man.
>>
>>36634225
eat more?
>>
>>36634247
I already try to eat over 3k calories a day family. I feel like I'm going to puke if I eat too much, and while I do spread it all throughout the day, it still doesn't help.

Recently been drinking more whole milk hoping that'll get me the extra calories I need.
>>
File: Breh.png (13 KB, 718x482) Image search: [Google]
Breh.png
13 KB, 718x482
Every day, but obviously you shouldn't worry about the day by day changes, rather the overall trend.
>>
>>36633931
every chance I get. every couple of days or so
>>
What apps do you guys use?
>>
>>36635668
Microsoft Office Excel 2003

:^)
>>
>>36633931
I've forgotten to do it for the last 3 weeks, gotten a bit looser with my cut too. Used to weigh myself every day, though. Looking great in the mirror though, so not too concerned about it.
>>
>not sure whether to weigh myself daily or weekly

I recently switched from daily to weekly, because I got too autistic about the daily fluctuations.
>>
Weighing is pointless.

Go by how you look.
>>
>>36633931
of course her fucking toenails are painted. fatties make efforts to look good in all the wrong places. wearing high heels, painting toenails, makeup. anything but eating right and exercising.
>>
>>36636972
Fat women wear high heels ? Isn't that dangerous ?
>>
>>36636923
You can't track your looks to 4 significant figures.
>>
>>36634228
Get a room faggots
>>
>>36634038
those measurements tend to be very unreliable
>>36636866
weigh-in daily and produce weekly averages
>>
>>36633931
Digital scale
>hop on
>88.1 kg
>hop off
>hop on
>88.9 kg
>hop off
Analogue scale
>hop on
>87.5
>hop off
>hop on
>87.5
>hop off

At least it doesn't change its mind after 0.1292 seconds

Why did we allow scales to be digital again? Internet of things and similar useless stuff?
>>
>>36633931
I go by how I look and feel. I don't think I've weighed myself for about a year.
>>
I weigh myself every monday at 6:50AM
>>
I'm completely new to lifting and I read that gaining 1 lb a week is normal. I've weighed myself twice is three weeks and I'm the same but I look a little bigger.

Is that normal?
>>
>>36639320
Because they can be cheaply produced.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.