[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saving up for a home gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: kf73MPbr.jpg (329 KB, 1360x1020) Image search: [Google]
kf73MPbr.jpg
329 KB, 1360x1020
i have 5k right now in stocks. i want to have a 3k budget for a home gym; just need to buy a home first! (19 y.o in uni rn)

I want everything brand new ( i know its cheaper to get stuff on kijiji) but im a bit picky.
so far ive come up with a shopping cart on rogue:
axle bar
deadlift bar
400 lb steel plates
wallmount rack
wallmount bar holder

that comes to 2100 dollars. just need to get an adjustable bench (ill find that on kijiji; theyre way overpriced on rogue). i already have dumbells and bands, etc.

anyone have any advice on making a home gym? experiences, pros and cons?
>>
I just made mine out of wood in the garage. I got everything including pullup bar and dip bar and 6 plates (and 100 pounds in smaller plates) for around 700.

Amazon is usually pretty cheap. I was getting the plates for 25 bucks when they sold out after I bought 3 for 50

The only downside if you can call it that is you have to go since it's right fucking there
>>
>>36629847
I also just figured its a good investment since it would be SO much easier to hit the gym after work or before work, no travelling to gym , no waiting for equipment etc
>>
I made my home gym for less than $400
I have 2 oly bars, an adjustable bench, two squat stands that have bench press height attachments, and 180 lbs of cast iron plates (I will buy more when needed)
Plus I bought some proper shoes
I have only been lifting for about 6 weeks so it was a small investment compared to spending $30 a month for a gym membership, after a year or so I would have paid the cost of my home gym and not have to pay any more
plus the weights are always available and I don't ever have to deal with people in a public gym
>>
File: image.jpg (800 KB, 2302x1784) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
800 KB, 2302x1784
>>36629965
pic related, I was on the toilet when I made that post
here's what I was talking about
>>
I got a home gym with 1" bars/plates/db handles, two-part rack, adjustable bench, floor mats and a pull-up bar for less than $300. I can't really progress deadlift properly as I can only load 210lbs on my bar max but apart from that I can do everything I do at the gym pretty much. I don't get why people get stuff like Eleiko bars for $1000 and shit-expensive plates etc for their home gyms when it makes no difference at all.
>>
File: homegym.jpg (161 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
homegym.jpg
161 KB, 2048x1152
>>36629818
I just got mine in from rogue, I do oly lifting so balled out a bit

>140kg training color set
>25kg change plates
>20kg oly bar
>flat utility bench (surprisingly good purchase)
>ES-1 squat stand
>home made platform
>texas powerbar for deadlifts/powerlifts

probably will order another pair of 25kg bumpers

I need adjustable dumbbells and some bands other than that, my issue is working out too much and not taking rest days.

>>36629884
is absolutely correct, if I get a surprise turtle head poop during deads or squats, i can take a shit in the peace and quiet of my home
>>
>>36631875
Do you not have a garage?
>>
>>36631899
I do, I'm just too tall for it when doing presses.

This is a surprisingly good location in my house for lifting with the windows/airflow. I have moved all the furniture out since then.
>>
>>36631875
>cool Victorian-style furniture
>nice crown molding
>statue of Mary
>Olympic weightlifting platform

Lol
>>
Op you're still a kid don't blow your money on a gym you don't have the means to move it or store it. It's an obligation until you have a high paying job and guaranteed income.
>>
File: OurLady.jpg (26 KB, 278x368) Image search: [Google]
OurLady.jpg
26 KB, 278x368
>>36631976
Reps for Mary.
>>
>>36631875
>Flat utility bench
Really solid piece of equipment, that bench. I really wanted the adjustable one, but in the end I opted for the flat bench seeing how it was more reasonably priced.

>>36631911
>too tall for it while doing presses
Holieeee shit this is my exact problem too. I only ever do presses when the weather allows for it. I think I'd have dealt with the public gym's horseshit if I was training for weightlifting or strongman or anything that calls for overhead movement.
>>
>>36629965
>>36630044
We have the same squat rack I think. Mine is branded "xplode" but im 99% sure its the same shit
One problem with mine is that the knob that you unscrew for the safety catch is on the same side on both, so sometimes the weights get caught on it when i squat. Do you have that problem?
>pic related
>>
>>36632112
Yeah, its great and is a nice rest spot in the corner kek.

I do a lot of presses/jerks, so it was absolutely necessary I have the room. There are no powerlifting/oly/strongman type gyms in my area, the closest commercial gym is 20min away, and I got really sick of the huge chunk it took out of my day.

I'll put up a pic later with all the equipment.
>>
>>36632194
Nope, the knobs are on the inside of each stand on mine ;-)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.