[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw 90% of /fit/ die of cancer by 60 because they need to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: Rq9oJTT.jpg (31 KB, 547x539) Image search: [Google]
Rq9oJTT.jpg
31 KB, 547x539
>yfw 90% of /fit/ die of cancer by 60 because they need to inhale red meats everyday
>muh proteenz
>muh gainzzzzz
Good. Fucking. Riddance.
>>
Least ill leave a beautiful corpse you faggot
>>
File: 1244037734510.png (107 KB, 355x328) Image search: [Google]
1244037734510.png
107 KB, 355x328
>>36623653
>chicken
>red meat
>>
>>36623653
Jokes on you, I've been on a strict vegetarian diet way before the vegan meme
>>
>It's a vegans shitpost on /fit/ again episode
>>
>claims to be a good person because cares about animals
>wishes death to everyone who eats different than him
>>
>>36623653
I ate a cheeseburger and a half for lunch and got a stomach ache at the gym today. Red meat is good post-workout food, but not good pre-workout food.
>>
>>36623653
Right.

No red meat eaters make it past 60 without cancer.
This is science.
>>
>fish
>red meat

Hokay
>>
>>36623675
eggs aren't much better for you familia

you get your protein but you also get a shit load of cholesterol
>>
>>36623839
>2016
>still believing the cholesterol is bad meme
>>
Like I want to live past 70. Ha ha, yeah right. Most people over 80 spend every day wanting to die.
>>
>>36623901
Weird. Im not even 80 yet and have already started.
>>
>>36623930
It gets much much worse when nothing on your body works properly, you're in constant pain, and people talk to you like they're talking to a 4 year old.
>>
>>36623988
plus all your friends would be dead?
>>
>>36623901
That's only if you don't take care of your body. There are people well into their 90's that are still lightly active, like taking talks and gardening, etc. Those people keep a clear mind too.
>>
>>36623653
meat = gainz

you poor vegan, hows it feel knowing you'll always be inferior to us omnivores?

Ill make sure to think of you when I eat my next steak, faggit.
>>
>>36623839
lololol he thinks dietary cholesterol means something!!!
>>
>>36623839
A strict vegetarian diet != lacto-ovo vegetarian.
Vegans adopt a strict vegetarian diet. Strict vegetarians are not necessarily vegans; for example, not every strict vegetarian is refuses to wear a leather belt or to use silk; also, not every strict vegetarian bothers people with their diet and lifestyle choices.

>>36623868
eggs and milk are almost literally cancer; the least harmful with the most benefits in the lacto-ovo diet I'd say it's just some Greek yoghurt
>>
>>36624039
Well, you could get younger friends. Not that it does you a lot of good when you're too feeble to keep up with them or do anything.
>>
I wouldn't want to be 100 at all. I don't think I want to walk up to a 75 year old man and say "Son!"
>>
>>36624230
I've heard a lot of times the sad old fuck who outlived all his peers.
>>
>>36624361
I actually don't think it's possible to outlive your entire generation unless you live to some insane age like Jeanne Calment. Even if you're like 95, there's some 97 year old guy out there and there's a 90 year old out there and just under him is an 87 year old. You hear it a lot that elderly people outlived all their contemporaries but it's never exactly true unless like I said you lived to like 115 or something.
>>
>>36624385
Well, yeah but it's kind of pointless being in a rest home surrounded by other old fucks who are so feeble they can't do anything with you. So your roommate and you can swap stories about watching the 1939 World Series. Big deal. It's not like the two of you are gonna go out clubbing or something when you can't even use the bathroom without help.

And if you have younger friends, well, maybe they're fit and active but that doesn't do you any good.
>>
ermm, yes much like how 90% of people die of cancer by 60 currently.

wait
>>
>>36624248
You have a really delusional outlook on life.
>>
>>36624385
>>36624361
I wouldn't be bothered that much by losing my peers. I sure wouldn't want to see my kids get old and die though. That would be freakin' creepy.
>>
>>36623839
>you also get a shit load of cholesterol

uh-oh, not a shit load of one of the building blocks of testosterone
>>
>>36623901
Not really. Actually most old people only start to be depressed when their health gives out. My great aunt lived to 101 and was mostly doing fine until the last two years. She'd outlived two husbands, her siblings, one daughter, and most all of her peers but she overcame all of that. She was also pretty good at making young friends to replace her departed ones. It was only at about 99 when her eyesight started failing and she began having difficulty walking that she started to give up on life.
>>
what the fuck is the point in living past 60 ?
>>
>>36624783
60 is nothing. Not even old enough to retire. It's really after 75 that you start to shit the bed.
>>
is that isley?
>>
>>36624777
They call that "terminal drop" theory, the idea that your body starts to shut itself down shortly before death. Strictly speaking, you're not supposed to linger with ill health for years. In nature, no animals do that. You will notice that they're only ill for a brief time before expiring. That humans can be sick and feeble for years is purely the result of modern medicine. And also the fact that we as a species are capable of artificially supporting those who can't support themselves.

The way we originally evolved is as follows:

>break hip
>can't escape from prey, get eaten
>develop a cataract
>can't see prey coming, get eaten
>lose your teeth
>can't eat, starve to death

etc, etc.
>>
>>36624864
But there have always been elderly people. There's a myth that everyone used to die at like 55, but it was never quite true. Plato divided the human lifespan into six phases, the last being people over 79 and said "The final old age, which thankfully few attain, when the mind returns to the imbecility of the first age of infancy."

Thomas Edison in his last years said "The good thing about being old is that nobody cares anymore if I wear socks or not."
>>
>>36624817
>Not even old enough to retire

if you don't save up enough to retire at 40 then you basically failed.
>>
>>36624913
Uh huh. It's most likely an artifact of urban civilization. Nomadic civilizations tended to just leave their elders to starve to death on the Asiatic steppes as taking them along would be too much of a burden.
>>
>>36624916
This being under the assumption you're going to live to 95 and need tens of thousands of dollars worth of medical care in your last years, no?
>>
>>36625022
Well, all the mainstream le boomer ret1rement planning sites imply this.
>>
File: ^.jpg (77 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
^.jpg
77 KB, 500x281
>not just using meat to build your gains and then vegan friendly protein to maintain them

elitists are fags
>>
>>36623675
It's milk I try to avoid if anything. People rag on soy milk for having PHYTO-estrogens which don't effect your hormone balance, all the while real milk is full of real hormonal estrogen. Also it's super inflamatory and is like 10-15% puss.
>>
>>36623653
This young hambeast will die of a hart attack or beetus complications from inhaling cookie dough looooooong before he can get the cancer.

Obesity, 100% caused by snarfing carbs like it's your job, increases the risk of cancer like it's its job. Checkmate, vegan cuck.
>>
>>36625315
There's no reason for adult to be drinking any kind of milk, not cow, and certainly not soy, that's disgusting.

Replace it with butter, coconut oil, and heavy cream.
>>
>>36625378
Heavy cream also comes from cow tits
>>
>>36623653
I stopped inhaling my meats years ago, faggot. I just chew/swallow it all now.

read the fucking sticky, nobody inhales their meat any more
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 240x180
>>36624479
Putting old people in homes is basically a death sentence. Old people should be surrounded by their children and grandchildren, surrounded by youthfulness and fertility, not sitting in some shit tier daycare getting their asses wiped by a Mexican maid. Suround yourself with people you want to be like. Hang around dumbasses, you'll become a dumbass. Hang around young, happy people, and you'll be young and happy, at least in mind. It's a shame that western civilization has promoted such individuality and destruction of the family unit. Multiple generations used to live under one roof, and they still do in many parts of the world. We need to return to our roots
>>
>>36625439
Can't help those who don't want to help themselves though. Some old fucks just want to sit around being miserable and looking at photos of dead people and complaining about anything and everything. It would be nice if everyone were Betty White or Stan Lee, sadly they're the exception.
>>
>>36623653
STOP MAKING THIS THREAD YOU SAMEFAGGING FAGGOT
>>
>>36625536
LOL didn't Betty White joke that "They all tell me to use Facebook and Twitter, but at my age I don't have any friends left to chat with."
>>
>>36625439
from my experience, it varies from person to person. didn't take long for me to notice that wisdom doesn't come from age, it comes from compassion and open-mindedness. so unfortunately there are some really old people who still haven't learned the value in those things, and it's a shame. some, including one of my grandfathers, really do just want to sit around and be angry at everyone. I've tried to reach out and just spend some time/talk/listen to him, but he always accuses me of just "wanting his money", and that's the only reason I'm polite to him in his mind. I'd love to spend more time with elders, maybe trade some knowledge, but in my case, the time I spend trading knowledge is usually with little kids in a mentor program near me

I do completely agree with how it really sucks that the west has destroyed the idea of family. sucks big dicks, breh.
>>
Well, when you mention someone like William Shatner or Stan Lee, you can bet they have friends and admirers of all different ages.

But when I think of some celebrities like Bob Hope, they just looked like old dinosaurs who had no connection with the modern world and nobody under 50 gave a shit about them when they died. I don't think anyone in their 20s-30s shed many tears at Bob Hope's passing if they even knew who he was. But you can bet a whole lot of us are going to be crying when Stan Lee goes.
>>
>>36625793
I remember a lot of boomers talking about Bob Hope when he kicked it, but most of them didn't really have much reverence for the guy, it was more just sarcastic recollections about him and the Vietnam War.
>>
>>36623653

Mate, if you inhale red meat you'll probably asphyxiate before the cancer gets you.
>>
>>36625793
It's funny because I can think of the bunch of rock stars that have died this year and there were lots of Millenials talking about Lemmy and David Bowie, but nobody under 45 seemed to miss Glenn Frey.
>>
>>36624221
Post citations please.
>>
File: 1455541201239s.jpg (7 KB, 237x250) Image search: [Google]
1455541201239s.jpg
7 KB, 237x250
>>36623653

>red meat

Not even once
>>
My dad is only 61 and half his high school class is already dead. Out here in redneck Texas, they don't live to to be old. Most people die of smoking/drinking/poor diet/accidents/cancer.
>>
>>36623653

>red meat gives you cancer
>chicken can give you cancer
>grill it, bake it, fry it, it will give you fucking cancer
>your not white, so your 300% more likely to get cancer lel

fuck it
>>
>>36626772
Manual labor is harsh. My cousin is a carpenter and where he works, guys over the age of 50 do not exist. The oldest guy there is 46 and he was suffering from knee and back issues. Even the 30-somethings were beginning to suffer from contorting themselves in unnatural positions, accidentally shooting themselves/others with nail guns, electric shocks, and one actually had a leg amputated due to an infection that set in after a bad injury. They mostly use the 20-something dudes to do all the high-risk tasks since they think they're invincible anyway.
>>
I'm 37 and a professional firefighter. I will be doing this until at least 50 when I'm first eligible for retirement. Most fire departments have a mandatory retirement age of 65 and some guys do stay on the job right until the cutoff point.
>>
>>36623653
>because they need to inhale red meats everyday
The leading cause of cancer is the consumption of sugar in excesses far past what humans were ever supposed to handle.
In this instance /fit/izens are one of the lowest at risk for it
>>
My mom used to be a physical therapist dealing with mainly elderly patients and she said that in her experience, the healthiest and most vigorous ones were the Jack Lalanne wannabe /fit/fags. It is true that manual labor is hard on you and she did see a lot of people who did those jobs and were a complete wreck, but at the same time being a sedentary office worker can lead to deterioration from not enough physical activity.
>>
File: yama.jpg (44 KB, 529x496) Image search: [Google]
yama.jpg
44 KB, 529x496
>>36623653

>mfw you die at 50 because you dont even lift
>>
>>36623767
>61 yo fag detected
>>
>>36625417
The cow tits aren't the problem, faggot. It's the fat you want, not the sugar, that's why you go for cream and not milk.

Milk is for infants. There's a reason why we're weaned off it.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.