[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gym virgin-> Starting Strength
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Effective Lifting Programs.jpg (892 KB, 2544x1850) Image search: [Google]
Effective Lifting Programs.jpg
892 KB, 2544x1850
Ahoy, I'm gonna need some help /fit.
I'm going to the gym for the first time this week and it seems SS is the go-to routine, yes?

I notice is says f.ex 3x5. Is the goal then to have so heavy a weight that 3x5 is about my limit?

Also, when I do SS.. Do I only warm up, complete the routine and bugger off? Only cardio besides, right?

>Been making social gains
>Time for strength gains
>>
Buy the book, read it. don't try to do SS from the sticky /what fit says. you'll fuck it up because fit will give you bad advice.
>>
>>36608735
Okay, will do.
I remember Scooby said something about that too, to do it properly you should read the book. Will tag along my mate still, to check out the gym and the equipment.
>>
The only part of the book to be wary of is the gallon of milk a day. that's dumb. But you'll have to learn to eater better regardless.
>>
>>36608790
Haha is that a serious thing? Wow I can't imagine a gallon of milk a day. As for eating better I'm doing my research and reading labels, compiling a list of things to get.
>>
>>36608822
it's a piece of advice given to people who claim to "eat everything they can" but are still incredibly skinny and can't seem to put on weight. Drinking calories won't make you feel as stuffy as eating them will. It is a temporary method of putting on weight while learning to build up an appetite.

for some reason some people interpret this advice as being something everyone on SS should do. It isn't.
>>
>>36608678

Here:

https://fitsticky.squarespace.com/starting-strength/

https://fitsticky.squarespace.com/novice-programs/

https://fitsticky.squarespace.com/how-to/
>>
File: 1449657083282.jpg (192 KB, 1351x505) Image search: [Google]
1449657083282.jpg
192 KB, 1351x505
>>36608678
>>
>>36608879
Ah I see, I'm no skellington so I won't need the gomad. I'm probably the biggest guy in class except for the guy who actually lifts.

>>36608888
>>36608916

Thanks, I got some prepping ahead.

Anyone got advice on videos to use for information and tutorials on exercises? I've been watching Scooby, but I'd like something on exercises he leaves out. My step-father has a wavy bar and one of the giant super-long bars and a small bench so I think I should be able to practice form at home.
>>
>>36608678
Don't start heavy. Start way lighter than you think you ought to and then add 5 pounds every workout.
>>
>>36608985
I will, no egolifting here, lifting for life gains.
>>
>>36608965

Literally linked to you already https://fitsticky.squarespace.com/how-to/
>>
>>36608888
trappy is this you?
>>
File: 1450990951787.jpg (39 KB, 347x464) Image search: [Google]
1450990951787.jpg
39 KB, 347x464
>>36609030

Yes herro
>>
>>36609042
pls post some nutrition related stuff (or tips) in the webpage and I'll love you forever :)
>>
>>36609052

It's in the plan.
Anything specific you're looking for?
>>
>>36609075
n-no, just whatever you think it's neccesary
>>
>>36609075

You looking for help on nutrition? Or is the new sticky your baby~
>>
>>36609042
Trappy what does your boipussy smell like?
>>
>>36609024
Ah, okay, hadn't started reading yet
>>
>>36609149
like arse
>>
READ
THE
FUCKING
BOOK

>"Hey guys, I'm doing SS but I don't actually know anything about SS other than the routine"
I'm getting tired of faggots like you. I'm certain that less than 5% of the people who do SS has even bothered to open the book. Scratch that, I'm certain that less than 5% of /fit/ even knows that a SS book exists
>>
just remember to set a goal for when to stop doing the ss

you should go until you can still progress and see results

that should be about 1,5x bodyweight squat
>>
>>36609258
what about the other lifts
>>
>>36609217
READ
THE
FUCKING
THREAD
NIGNOG
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.