[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ what are you priorities? >absolute strength >proportional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7
File: fun_pics_for_adults_44.jpg (47 KB, 601x600) Image search: [Google]
fun_pics_for_adults_44.jpg
47 KB, 601x600
/fit/ what are you priorities?
>absolute strength
>proportional strength
>aesthetics
>health benefits
>other?
What's /fit/'s actual goal?
>>
>>36606098
To be able to drive around in circles pulling 3 Gs laterally for an hour and a half without passing out. Also aesthetics.
>>
All of the above
>>
>>36606098
>Wanna look good/get big
>Want to be pain free and feel in control of my body
>Want to be healthy
>absolute strength
>>
Cardio is priority right now because it's helping alleviate almost all of my anxiety, and giving me energy I haven't felt for months.

Next priority is eating less to lose fat for summer. Being chubby is weak but the feeling of constantly meeting my goals is a big boost to the self esteem.

Then eating well (micros and macros)

Then lifting. I love lifting but if mental health and energy levels aren't taken care of I won't be able to establish a habit of it.
>>
I want to be able to do shit like run and jump and climb on things like I could when I was a kid. I also don't like the way I look and want to go from fatass to at least normie.

Beyond that, I don't really care. Might take up a sport soon, at which point that will become a priority.
>>
>>36606098
>strength
>size
>>
>absolute strength
>secretly enjoy looking huge
>health benefits

Probably in that order.
>>
File: pic-dump-233-7.jpg (39 KB, 640x441) Image search: [Google]
pic-dump-233-7.jpg
39 KB, 640x441
absolute strrength
>>
Faggots need to lose the name.
>>
Mass and low body fat.
I suppose you could say aesthetics but I want to look more like Arnold than I want to look like Zyzz.
>>
>>36606246
>>36606270
>>36606238
More or less what I expected

>>36606222
yeah Arlene i feel very similar, only for it's the lifting that works as an anti depressant
>>36606224
This shit. just don't forget to practice actual athletics beside lifting.
>>
Aesthetics (ZYZZ BRAH) followed by strength.
>>
>>36606143
I actually wrote a program for a fighter pilot.
Shit was tense (pun intended).
>>
all of the above

if i had to put them in order

>looks
>health
>strength
>endurance
>>
Asthetics and health benefits are my goals.

Asthetics because I'm in my late twenties, and health benefits for the same reason.
>>
>fun_pics_for_adults_44.jpg
>>
>>36606321
>autism
>>
>>36606098
aesthetics and endurance for martial arts
>>
My current goal is to build an athletic base for MMA which can be broken down further into:

>Functional strength using compound lifts, dips and chin ups
>Cardiovascular fitness (trained through running short distances i.e. 5-10k
>Flexibility (training for front and side splits)

I am also shooting for my personal version of aeshtetics.

Now to see if the auto generated name guesses my name right and violates my privacy! Oh what fun.
>>
>>36606215
All of this, actually.
>>
>>36607177
what's your personal version of aesthetics?
also
>short distances i.e. 5-10k
>my nigga
>>
health then strength.
I want to do like bw/2/2.5/4 for reps without ever getting injured.
>>
>>36606098
My philosophy for general fitness encompasses the ability to move yourself around your environment (running, jumping, climbing, etc.), as well as your ability to move your environment around yourself (lifting weights). To that end, I lift weights with emphasis on lifts I want to get good at (OHP and squats mostly), and do side work with calisthenics as desired (pullup variations, dip variations, pushup variations, and whatever else interests me). Finally, I tend to play soccer or basketball for cardio because the only way I'm running is in the context of a sport because I seriously hate it otherwise.
>>
>>36606098
absolute strength
>>
>>36607372
noob here, can you explain the terminology?
>>
>>36606098
Atlas held the weight of the world on his back, it's only fair that I share his burden
>>
>>36607459
body weight overhead press for 5 sets 5 reps
225 lbs bench for 5 sets 5 reps
270 squat for 5 sets 5 reps
405 deadlift for 5 reps
>>
>>36607632
these all sound fucking hardcore.
possible, but really hard.
What's your ETA?
>>
>Stop being a fatass
>Aesthetic
>Strength
>Health benefits.
>>
>>36607863
No one serious would consider it great, but as a short, natty I think its a good ball park for strong and healthy and being able to keep it up without causing joint damage long term.
Currently 10 lbs off from 160 ohp, bench is there already. Aiming to add 5/month to squat over the next 6 months. Deadlift is at 330 probably a year away on it I dunno.
>>
Names for April 1st?
>>
>>36607973
sounds good. good luck.
about the seriousness - I think I want to stay in the zone where normal people think it's impossible but weight lifters think it's mediocre.
>>
File: JEt9ZUj.png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
JEt9ZUj.png
117 KB, 320x263
>>36606098
>absolute strength
>>
>>36606098
>health benefits (former fatty digging his way to an early grave with a fork and spoon, quit that shit in 2014 to have a healthy life)
>absolute strength (just finished losing 85 pounds and became weak as shit during the cut)
>Aesthetics
>>
>>36606215
>Want to be pain free and feel in control of my body
This
It's been going on for too long that I'm a clumsy idiot. I want to gain this kinesthetic sense Rippletits is talking about.

I want to not appear a retard by bumping into everything and dropping stuff involuntarily. Maybe lifting is not gonna help me develop these but it's a good start.
>>
>>36606098
When you're 18~something you put "health benefits" at the bottom. When you're 28+ you start putting it on top.

Tip: start thinking about your health&ageing when you're 18+. Physical exercise for strength&mass = more oxidative stress you've to deal with.
>>
>>36608077
OP here. 27 y.o.
My "health concern" is solely to stop gaining weight. I'm trying to tailor a program that won't take too much of my time and will keep me under 90 kg.
Was big on cardio and martial arts all of my life so weight and nutrition were never an issue.
actually i'd think strength will give you less oxidative stress than cardio.
>>36608050
try adding an actual sport/martial art once a week.
>>
I want be able pull legs through snow
>>
I'm 22. Lean body (no muscle)... ~140lbs & 6'2".

I want help in getting a good body and more importantly, stay fit. looking mainly for vegetarian diet. help me /fit/
>>
>>36608622
I've been on /fit/ for the last two months.
It's good for nothing but memes, envy and links.
read the sticky, then go away from here and never return.
The amount of shit being advised here is amazing.
>>
>>36606232
Pls be in london megan
>>
>>36608698
Oliver you desperate shit
>>
>>36606098
i wish to have the raw strength and flexibility to best myself in arm wrestling
>>
wtf
>>
>>36606098
i want my wife to want to have sex with me again
>>
File: q38.29.jpg (91 KB, 800x1162) Image search: [Google]
q38.29.jpg
91 KB, 800x1162
>>36606098
i lift so i can look like an anime
>>
I want to be big enough so that when my future kid tells his future friend that his dad could beat the shit out of his friend's dad, he won't be lying.
>>
>>36606215
Yah this guy gets it
>>
>>36606333
I wish this was funny. I really do.
>>
I want to get really good at banging girls.
>>
>>36606098
i just want to become a mass monster.

no desire for being super shredded, i'd be happy to sit around 10-12% but i want to be freakishly wide, cannonball shoulders and wide V for a back.
>>
>>36609889
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
File: 1392760757891.png (182 KB, 597x746) Image search: [Google]
1392760757891.png
182 KB, 597x746
>>36606098
>get PhD and go on conferenve trips while looking good
Lmao I'm a vain bastard
>>
>>36606098
Aesthetics, proportional strength, health benefits, being able to do cool stuff.
>>
>>36607466
Weight of the heavens. Not the world. Common mistake.
>>
>>36606098
I was (and still am honestly) a fat fuck all my life and could barely walk up a flight of stairs without breathing heavy, then halfway through year 11 decided I wanted to join the army

So right now priorities are
>cardiovascular fitness/running and sprinting ability
>upper body strength (pushups/chinups etc)
>lowering bf%
>getting that beefy aesthetics
>>
>>36606098

1) Speed / Explosion
2) Strength
3) Aesthetics
>>
>>36611015
yeah please don't. The army is seriously a trap for young enthusiastic man. that's why most armies recruit people around their 20's.
Just lift big and eat right and run, and after you like the way you look, ask yourself again if you want to be your goverment's fucking bitch for the best years of your life instead of actually doing something with yourself
>>36613008
how do you practice explosive strength? I need more exercises, kinda tired of jumping up stairs.
>>
File: feel block.jpg (67 KB, 1671x1667) Image search: [Google]
feel block.jpg
67 KB, 1671x1667
i just wanna be huge desu senpai
>>
>>36606098
Proportional Strength, I'm pretty damn sure that will give me aesthetics too since i'll need to be as lean as possible
>>
>>36615009
more like other way around but yeah. I can now perform 3 muscle ups and jump fairly high, can't wait to see the improvement after I'm done losing 10 pounds.
>>
>22km/h
>2 finger pull up
>to look down and see my 6 six pack against my girlfriends' with my penis inside her
>>
All of those are goals.

I graduated about a year ago and used to run track/xc. I've gained ~13lbs and have a layer of fat over my stomach. Having a piece of my own body that I can't move is a terrible feeling, its just hanging there in the way.
>>
>>36606098
You forgot about
>having fun

It's the main reason I do anything and the main reason my wife drags me to the gym every time she can.
It's fun to lift shit.
>>
>>36608696
>good for nothing but memes
>implying there's any other reason to visit a peruvian berry-picking image board
>>
I wanted to have wide enough shoulders to look good in a shirt. I reached that goal very quickly, now I don't really know. I'll keep going until I feel like I'm big enough or I get bored. I got rejected for being too big and gross and I've been lifting for >one year so it's probably not helping me with women either.
>>
Proportional strength, fighting ability and size in that order
>>
>>36606098

Trying to get faster in the marathon. Currently at 2:48:23, trying to get under 2:40. I only really lift to keep test levels up during high mileage, and for injury prevention.
>>
>>36606098
Going for tone over bulk. Really I'm trying to lower my body fat percentage.
>>
>>36606098
general health
reduce stress
caloric restriction
prevent lumbar pain
increase test
preserve flexibility
aesthetics
strength
mass

in this order

19cm x 188cm x 92 kg, so I'm already pretty big; my mental sanity, cardiovascular gains (gotta pump big to erect bit) and overall ageing worries me much more than mass or strength bullshits. I literally spend more than 12 hours/day sitting on my ass, so not only my mental sanity is in danger but my lower back hurts too. Sitting is a fucking killer for the lumbar region and for the posterior chain in general, I exercise that group much more than biceps, chest and other typical chad targets.
>>
>>36616242
>tone
nicely meme'd
>>
Proportional strength, fighting ability and size in that order.
>>
>>36613008
Same here breh. Being an SS strength fatty sucks.
>>
>>36614972
Clean/jerks, snatches, or any variation of those
>>
>>36606098
>aesthetics
>absolute strength
>proportional strength
>health benefits

In this order
>>
Want to reach 4/3/2/1 and maintain a high degree of endurance/cardio for ruck marches and general heart gains.
>>
Right now to run a 5k in under 17 min
>>
>>36606098
>>confidence
>>aesthetics
>>girls
>>proportional strength
>>absolute strength
>>health benefits
>>
>>36606098
In order of importance to me (most important first):
> Long life / Health
> Strength per pound
> Looks = Girls
> Endurance
>>
i just want to be a sick cunt
>>
>confidence
>health
>hygiene
>grills
>strength

hygiene because being fat is disgusting as hell
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 713x542) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 713x542
First you get the strength
Then you get the size
Then you get the WOMEN
>>
>to have a routine/mental health
>physical health
>fun
>strength
>aesthetics
in that order
>>
>personal life structure - short term goals, long term goals
>stress reduction through physical activity
lifting has always helped my mental state. more important than any strength or bodybuilding goal.
>strength
>body aesthetics
>healthy diet to support
I want a proportional, aesthetic body. I want to get stronger. These aren't needs, but I think they're achievable
>hobby/sport
it's the means and the end. lift heavier to get stronger to lift heavier. In the very long run, I want to find out my limit
>long long term health
build the habit now, and support it later in life. don't turn into a sedentary dadbody
>>
>>36608050
>a retard by bumping into everything
Bumped into a road sign with my shoulder by accident, it bent. My course didn't get altered.
>>
To walk by a mirror and stop and admire myself for a little too long
>>
Be able to pick up my gf. (High test) and eat her pussy while she sits on my shoulders
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.