[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please take the time to read this and help a guy out.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: upclose.png (396 KB, 440x550) Image search: [Google]
upclose.png
396 KB, 440x550
Okay /fit/ any serious bodybuilding bros out there?

been lifting for a good two, three years on and off admittedly not as complete or thorough as should be, mainly strength training. I have hit some huge PR's, I also have taken a lot of down time to rest my body, i would take at least 4 - 6 months of a year from training to work on cardio and so forth and casual lifting before my cut.

I was a big guy at 5 ft 11, 101kg at one stage but pretty solid and built, off season I'd sit at 90 - 88kg.

As of recent I have started to go for "aesthetics" and started a huge 7 month cut, which brought me down to 73kg at my lowest which came with a pretty cut body, however one thing really brought me down.

I noticed that I'd only looked super cut in certain lighting but the moment I stepped closer or away from lighting I'd look like shit.

Some days my vascularity was insane other days not so much... is this natural?

How do I get the clear ripped looked anytime no matter what lighting? is it possible natty?

Please I don't want 6 month lifters who say everyone needs steroids because I've come a long way without them even though I don't have a problem with them, still requires some form of hard work to make gains I just don't want to risk side affects.

How do I achieve natty perfection, what will it take?

Should I re-bulk as I'm pretty skinny now and then cut again, where do I go from here in my thirst for aesthetics?

Pic related is no lightning up close. This is the thing that's destroying me, I just want to make it more then anything else, after all my years of natty I'm contemplating the roids.
>>
File: in lighting 1.png (181 KB, 425x487) Image search: [Google]
in lighting 1.png
181 KB, 425x487
>>36604782
In lighting.
>>
File: in lighting 2.png (145 KB, 344x402) Image search: [Google]
in lighting 2.png
145 KB, 344x402
>>36604787
>>
I know exactly what you're talking about.I can look aesthetic as fuck from the side at good lighting on an empty stomach and then look completely skinnyfat DYEL from bad lighting after eating a heavy meal.My only advice is to get lean as fuck.
>>
>>36604813
I can't have the best of both worlds, my cut has been going to long so I might add muscle mass out of fear I might be losing more muscle by trying to cut the fat as slow as it is taking. Just one of them nights, I know I won't give up but I've been looking for easier solutions. Part of me wants to hope I'm not a lone. Only time will tell.
>>
Im also the same way buddy

Some days im jacked, some days ive nevet set foot in a gym

Its about havin a pump and bein dehydrated
>>
>>36604782
>>36604787
>>36604793
I looked like that after lifting for 8 months.
You need to eat and train better, you clearly fucked up somewhere and spent 3 years doing nothing.
>>
>>36604872
clearly... I stated that it was purely for strength training and PR's never for looks, I didn't care about looks hahaha this is all in 6 - 7 months of cutting and strict diet you egg. Its a long post I understand, this is mostly a vent i'm just feeling like my old self tonight, real down. Not with it.
>>
>>36604782
>>36604787
>>36604793
I don't quite understand. You're in OK shape, but you're not that big and you're not that lean either. There's a lot of room for improvement in both departments. So why do you come here talking about "perfection"? There's a long way to perfection from where you currently are. Not trying to bring you down or anything, you're in way better shape than most people - but you're not turning any heads when around other people who lift.

Also, how the fuck were you ever 100+ kgs "pretty solid"? You look like you MAY have been 90 kgs chubby at some point.
>>
>>36604883
What are your lifts then?
Becuase I did ss followed by smolov, and I built a way better phisique than that
>>
File: 16-04-01-15-12-32-542_deco.jpg (616 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
16-04-01-15-12-32-542_deco.jpg
616 KB, 1080x1920
Wow we almost looks the same. You're just more hairy.
>>
>>36604883
Different guy than who you replied but he's right. You can have all your excuses about strength training and what not but your lying to yourself only. That can easily be achieved in around 8-10 months.

Also with that size strength and how muscular you look go ptretty much hand in hand
>>
>>36604895
Current or before?

Currently I'm not lifting no where near like I used too, I dropped wait to disappointing levels compared to my PR's.

>>36604887
I never said I was, I want to know what it will take to get there, do I cut, should I bulk? If I bulk and cut again will I just end up like I am.

LOL don't get me wrong I was not ripped, but I had good shape and held it well was very broad, I guess you could say chubbiness I wouldn't take my shirt off tier. I didn't care about how I look just how heavy.
>>
>>36604782
dehydrate yourself. your skin will tighten around your body and your veins will pop out.
>>
>>36604946
Back in my day, I was putting that up for 10
Post both currently and before
>>
>>36604937
I'm not saying its not, where are you getting confused? I'm just asking what more will it take, do I keep cutting do I bulk? Any tips where to go from here? Do I keep following my modified SS routine or do more isolated exercises?

>>36604937
>>36604895
Currently I follow my own variation of SS so AxB 3 times a week with cardio in between twice a week on rest days.
A
>Squat currently 120kg for 12x3
>Over Head Press 60kg 5x5 (struggling to make gains and keep form with this one)
>Pendley Row 70kg for 8x3
>Dumbell Curls or Hammer Curls 20kg for 12x3
>Isolation Curls 15kg 8x3
>Shoulder Press 20kg 8x3
>Incline Press 15kg 16x3
>Pullups 10x3

B
>Squats 120kg 12x3
>Bench Press 80kg 8x3
>Deadlift 150kg 8x3
>Dumbell Press 20kg 16x3
>Incline or Decline flys 15kg 12x3
>Tricep Extensions 10kg 6x3
>Tricep Kickbacks 7.5kg 16x3
>Dips with 20kgs 12x5

I think I know what I'm doing wrong but I want to pursue hypertrophy to get a more cut physique, or should i just lift purely for strength and stick to the beginner stuff until I make my strength gains back?
>>
>>36605011
Those lifts are absolute shit
Don't come here talking about perfection until you reach mediocrity
>>
File: 56745325467589.jpg (40 KB, 438x440) Image search: [Google]
56745325467589.jpg
40 KB, 438x440
>>36604954
>>
>>36604979
Before was standard SS so I list my PRs

Squat 180kg 3x5
Bench 130kg 1x5 or 100kg 5x5
Deadlift 210kg 1x5
Overhead Press 75kg 5x5
Pendley 90kg 3x6
>>
i comment only to see which name will appears
>>
>>36605045
How did they get so bad?
And those lifts are still nothing to be proud of at all
>>
>>36605021
This. OP don't delude yourself. You're lifts are intermediate and certainly not good for your bodyweight. Lift and eat CONSISTENTLY for some time and see what happens before you consider roids
>>
>>36605045
Hello Mr estat
If your lifts went from that to the ones posted above, the only thing that could of caused it is chemo mixed with anorexia mixed with death.
Seriously. If you hit those lifts at any point in your life, your phisique would be much better.
>>
>>36605021
I never mentioned i was perfect... you should really read before you jump the gun there bud. Clearly it says what will it take to reach natty perfection, I'm no way near anywhere good. Some days I do look cut but majority I don't.

Now tell me what I need to do to fix this?
Or are you all about that ad hominem hahaha projecting your own anger, I'd like to see you put your gains on the table before you go about yelling mediocrity. I'm experimenting with lifts to find out what suits me the best and what will maximize gains. Anyway if you're clearly as you act then tell me what needs to be done... I've read the sticky , now I just need the right program.
>>
>>36605066
>>36605061
>>36605079
You guys are taking this way out of context, I'm not saying I'm strongest. These are my own personal PR's, I have never not once had someone to spot me for these so yes I took my time and if you read the post, I'd stop from 6 months and so on and so on. During my cut I've been doing IF, I have little to no energy and I'm even more worried about lifting to reach PRS imo they're well above average from what I've seen others do around me so for that I'm happy, obviously not currently but in my past.
>>
>>36605084
You've been lifting for 3 years and you ohp 60 kg and bench 80kg with a shit phiysuqe.
I've been lifting 11 months and I bench 125 kg and ohp 80 kg. I'll post my physique if this thread is up when I get home from work
You need to actually lift and eat, and you need to do it consistently.
>>
>>36605105
Well your cut did not work becuase you're at like 13% bodyfat
And if you took a 2 YEAR break off of those lifts you claimed you would still be much stronger than you are now
>>
>>36605131
Oh right so you're saying I'm lying. How long have you been lifting for? Look I have no reason to lie, this isn't a dick measuring contest. I'm here for advice, majority of advice outside of here is that SS is good for strength, but hypertrophy is key for physique.
>>
>>36605084
Everything got derailed as you mentioned some huge pr's and then going on about strengths not looks. After that you list those stats.. You should have seen these comments coming...

Anyway as you said you have been lifting on and off which explain you slow progress. Try to lift and eat for awhile and after that start thinking about cutting. Dont go overload with bulking though
>>
>>36604782
Natty perfection takes perfect diet and maximum pump. The longer you maintain good diet, especially with decent carb intake, low sodium, high protein, frequent low intensity cardio, the better you'll look
You can get some really good pumps through posing routines or isometrics, and a pump and decent carb intake is essential for natties or you'll look flat. If your sodium is too high you'll retain water and look fat and bloated. As a natty unfortunately you can't be dry all the time, but you can dry out to different "levels" and it makes a big difference. For example, three days of water control will help you look great for a day at the beach, but you'll want a week if you plan on hitting the stage. I've been lifting for about six years, really careful about diet for the last two years, in prep for my first contest now (training with a former IFBB competitor as my coach). So those are my credentials, I guess you could say.
>>
>>36605172
I said right >>36605110
Its becuase if you ask for advice while lying, don't expect accurate advice.
But here's some.
Eat and lift until you look good. No matter what your focus is, you will end up looking good
>>
>>36605173
Alright I see where and what I'm doing wrong in my own ignorance. Thanks, I'm thinking of doing a proper consistent diet and only increasing if I stall, while aiming heavy, maybe if I do it properly I will see it.
>>
>>36605174
I needed this, really appreciate man. I'm feeling a lot more clearer on what I need to do. I think I've been also kidding myself with my diet its not as strict as it should be.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.