[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it just me/my environment or is white bread a staple food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: bread-01.jpg (952 KB, 3719x2092) Image search: [Google]
bread-01.jpg
952 KB, 3719x2092
is it just me/my environment or is white bread a staple food of highly productive and/or smart people concerned with real world shit while people who stay away from it are human trash with too much time on their hands?
>>
>Italians and French
>Only eat white bread
>Black bread is as good as unknown
>Still live longer and are thinner than dark bread eaters
>>
>>36603211
Im from Scandinavia.
Dark bread eater. Source?
Besides, i think that Italians and French have general healthier eating habbits.
Or perhaps because the weather is better.
But dark bread is way healthier than white bread.
>>
>le color of the bread determines if its healthy or not meme
>>
>>36603239
>Source?
Wikipedia. Look up calories consumed by country. Compare with obesity rate by country. Then compare with how much white bread people eat (or just go on a vacation - in Italy, I have NEVER even seen any dark bread).

But then again, white bread was always seen as the superior bread until WW2, where the Nazis introduced dark bread as the healthier option.
>>
I love whitebread, and bread in general, and wheat in general.

But whitebread has a glycemic index equal to sugar, so I try and stick to wheat bread when possible.
>>
>>36603313
>But whitebread has a glycemic index equal to sugar,
Sugar 99
White bread 79

Nope.
>>
>>36603313
what if I told you you are a meme
>>
You guys are literally retarded.

Besides, rice is the mastergrainrace. You all are probably getting cucked by quinoa while you're out arguing whether white or black bread is better.
>>
>>36603275

>the Nazis introduced dark bread as the healthier option?

So it is?
>>
>>36603665
No.
>>
>>36603669

And what is your logic? The Nazis were interested in the betterment of society so if they recommended something as drastic as a switch to dark bread, they must have been sure that there was a clear, significant benefit of eating it.
>>
>>36603708
>The Nazis were interested in the betterment of society
Good intentions don't make you infallible. Also, the Nazis mainly pushed for dark bread because it meant not having to import wheat.
>>
>>36603729

Fair point. Thanks for clarifying. Why's it bad, from a scientific perspective?
>>
>>36603753
Not easily digestable. Flour gets refined for a reason, there are lots of anti- nutrients in grains because the plant doesn't want to get eaten. Refining the flour gets rid of those.

But don't worry: These days, dark bread is usually just cheap colored white bread. anyway.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.