[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
discussion: being naturally strong is a myth. anyone could have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: klokov[1].jpg (45 KB, 610x345) Image search: [Google]
klokov[1].jpg
45 KB, 610x345
discussion:
being naturally strong is a myth.

anyone could have become lifting champion for their weight class, its just that 99.9% of the population would giveup.

of the .1% left, guaranteed 99.9% of them will not train as hard as the hardest working .1% which is why there is only 1 champion.

what are your thoughts?
>>
>>36602292

False.

Some people, for whatever reason, just get strong stupidly easy compared to others. The average person - even busting their arse and doing everything right - isn't going to linear progression their way to a 3xBW squat or pull 500lbs the first time they try deadlifting.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>36602292

>being naturally strong is a myth

No, it's a genetic condition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myostatin-related_muscle_hypertrophy
>>
>>36602292
being naturally strong also has to do with your muscle makeup and bone lengths/density
>>
>>36602316
>looking cut, kiddo
>>
>>36602292
Disagree.

Genes are so complex and have so many possibility for variations from person to person there without a doubt exists person with genetic advantages that others don't have.

However I don't think it's a high percent, and for the most part anything can be achieved through hard work and dedication but there's just that let's say 5% that will either be able to reach that same level of talent faster or they have just enough of an advantage to edge out the best of the best and go a little further in their skill.
>>
>>36602331
source on that one champ?
>>
>>36602389
http://www.ptdirect. com/training-design/anatomy-and-physiology/skeletal-muscle-2013-anatomy-and-fiber-types

http://www.amazon. com/Vanders-Human-Physiology-Mechanisms-Function/dp/0073378305/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1459491264&sr=8-9&keywords=human+physiology

http://breakingmuscle. com/strength-conditioning/how-the-length-of-your-bones-affects-your-power-output
>>
>>36602389
I also suggest you go learn something about leverage. Would doing a curl be easier with a 25 inch forearm or a 12 inch forearm, provided the humerus was the same length for both cases?
>>
>>36602311
>The average person - even busting their arse and doing everything right - isn't going to linear progression

i dunno man busting your arse and doing everything right, including eating more protein/carbs to break through lifting plateaus and you still think those lifting numbers are unattainable?

also
>pull 500lbs the first time they try deadlifting.
theres no way ppl like this exist unless they have for some reason been doing farm work which simulated a similar exercise
>>
>>36602492

I used both those examples because they're ones that actually happened - Ed Coan basically squatted a new max once a week until he was squatting above 500@160, Andy Bolton pulled 500 his first time deadlifting.

No surprises both of those guys are among the best there ever was at what they did.
>>
>>36602527
>Andy Bolton
>Weight: 362 lbs

but yeah for ed coan thats fucking ridiculous. he only weighs 220 lbs now too
>>
>>36602589

Andy wasn't a superheavy back then. He was in the low-mid 200s.
>>
if you cannot squat 150kg without training the first time you try, then forget about it You don't have the genetics to do weightlifting

if you want to stay healthy, run 30min a day and have a healthy diet

don't hurt yourself trying to do something your body wasn't made of
>>
>>36602449
>>36602482
Thanks!
>>
File: image20160401-15095-1pq2bp6.jpg (21 KB, 350x258) Image search: [Google]
image20160401-15095-1pq2bp6.jpg
21 KB, 350x258
>>36602652
>if you want to stay healthy, run 30min a day
>>
Your math only works if the percentages are correct, and there are exactly 1000 people.
>>
exactly. just like everywhere else in life we are all completely 100% equal and the same and the only reason the top is the top is because they worked harder.
oh wait.
>>
File: image_4.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>36602292
That's like saying anyone could work in a top level job(like doctors, lawyers, astronauts), just 99.9% of the population don't study hard enough.
That's total bullshit. You don't even consider some people are predisposed to get injuries more often or have worse leverage points because of anatomy and than I'm not even talking about the complexity of efficient energy management of the body yet. There are variations in how well the nervous system is able to transmit and cause a maximal power output, there are differences in the micrological level in muscle tissue how quickly it is synthesized, how efficiently it contracts, how efficient the mitochondria are.
There are born differences in lung capacity and the performance of your heart.

I could go on for hours listing reasons why the top athletes aren't just regular people that work hard to get somewhere. They are exceptional people that put in an exceptional amount of effort to get where they are.
>>
An old friend of mine was naturally strong. He was fucking ripped as soon as he hit 13. It was ridiculous. He ate like a pig and I guess he did some sports, but in no way was he lifting heavily or whatever. He just was fucking ripped and still is, he started lifting a few years ago though.
>>
>>36602292
I was always stronger than most people my age when I didn't work out at all.

So yes there are people who are naturally strong.
>>
>>36602292
>being naturally strong is a myth.
Nope. Do you ever go outside?
>>
>>36603652
>doctors, lawyers
>top level job

Aside from that, rest of post is ok
>>
>>36602292
the lifting champion isn't the strongest guy, it's the guy who lifts the most weight.

those goals are related, but not identical.
>>
That's retarded, genetics are a thing and so is muscular bias and loading. I'm not even fat and my OHP tanked to two plates in just under 6 months of focused lifting after coming back from a rotator cuff injury I acquired in my first year of lifting (Gave me massive bursitis and scapular retraction problems I could barely deal with so I didnt ohp for nearly 2 years. Biomechanical snowballing fucking sucks)

It was legitimately accidental, I had a strength base from 2 years of leg, core and arm work, but it genuinely took me five weeks to hit 1 plate at 5'10 82kg, 5 months later I repped 2 plates for 8, strict. Some people just have it.
>>
>>36602589
>he was 362lbs on his first day lifting
retard
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.