[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who goes to the YMCA here? Nothing like watching people workout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: logo.png (67 KB, 1200x917) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
67 KB, 1200x917
Who goes to the YMCA here? Nothing like watching people workout in Jeans and Cowboy boots then getting in the sauna with some old people that don't put water on the rocks.
>>
Used to work at one. Great stories... tons of fuck heads "lift" there. They try to shill personal training hard.
>>
>tfw all I can afford is a membership to the Y
>DYEL on my way to noobgains

don't bully me
>>
>>36599535
Is the Training more about money than gains?
>>
>>36599544
>all I can afford is ~$40 a month membership
Confirmed for pays the $20 a month for <18
>>
>>36599684
Actually I get a discounted membership after bringing in my W2 and showing them that I'm a certified poorfag

Try $24/month
>>
>>36599337
>old people that don't put water on the rocks
the sauna at mine says not to put water on but I always see naked old guys in the locker room
>>
File: 1436169573974.gif (216 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1436169573974.gif
216 KB, 500x384
>>36599755
>tfw the only thing preventing me from trying out the sauna at mine is naked old guys
>>
>>36599805
maybe you should tell someone about that I dont think you're allowed to be naked in the sauna
>>
>>36599820
Well what I meant is I'm not secure enough in my own masculinity to be around a bunch of sweaty old dudes wearing nothing but towels since I see them naked in the locker room all the time as it is

but at least in the locker room I can escape the dongs and nuts
>>
>>36599337
the two I go to aren't bad. main one I go to is like 2 minutes from my house. has good amounts of free weights except only one squat rack. but whatever. Terrible for motivation, though. I only squat 365 but that seems to be in the top 1% of the gym, which is sad as shit.
the second one I go to is a good ~25 mins away and fucking everyone there is a powerlifter of 5+ years. Humbles the shit out of you when a dude is putting up 6 plates next to your 3 and a quarter. shit's motivating and there are three squat racks and a power cage there. fuuuuuhuuuucking intense, brah
>>
>>36599337
I love the Y. My Y has brand new equipment. Curl bros invade around 4 PM every day, but otherwise it's old folks, MILFs, and people who actually know what they're doing. Totally different atmosphere too. Decent people. Came from 24HF, which is like white trash city, and will never go back.
>>
>>36599337
When is that YMCA logo from? Is that the logo in Britbong? Neva seen it b4, and I lift at my local YMCA
>>
I do, but I'm in NY so no cowboy boots here.

Yes they have pretty good services. Yes there are a lot of old people doing weird shit on saturday/sunday morning. Yes, there are lots of old dudes letting their junk hang out in the locker room 24/7

Other than that, it's expensive but nice, compared to lots of other predatory gyms in the area.
>>
>>36599872
It's either the new logo or it's a southern CA thing. Mine definitely has that logo everywhere.
>>
>>36599880
I guess so. I'm in Canada. Every YMCA is indipendent operated and has their own policies n shit.
>>
>>36599872
>>36599880
NYC Here, my YMCA has used that logo for a few years
>>
>sauna

fuck I need to check if there's a sauna at my Y
>>
ymca master race reporting in
>>
>>36599337
me, just bought in today.... dat members plus steam room tho
>>
>>36599656
Definitely. The training you see is marketed more towards the 30-65 yr old age brackets. People who have been shit for X years just wanting to drop pounds and """""tone"""""".

The try to implement all these basic fitness programs with nifty names that literally don't do anything for anyone because they all go home and eat like the fat cents they really are.

Just go in a Y and look at the poor fucks who wear the black "Personal Trainer" shirts.... You'll want to die.

Source: worked at a Y, lift at a Y.

MUH COMMUNITY ADCANCEMENT
>>
>>36600395
On mobile and driving... Sry m80s
>>
i go to the Y and they give me a good rate because i'm a retard with a shitty job
>>
>>36599337
Visited one on Florida. Was totally based.
>>
I've been going to mine for 2 years and have been spending an hour every morning cleaning up the weight room for the past year.

I fucking hate old people and kids. Only still go because of the cheap student rate.
>>
315 YMCA Represent
>>
>>36599337
YMCA is god tier mate. I get a free membership because when I quit I just filled out a leave of absence form.
>>
NYC Y here too. Wondering who you guys might be if you go to mine.
>>
mine only has one goddamn squat rack and is always full of highschoolers

i wish i had a comfy powerlifting or olympiclifting gym in my area
>>
>>36599337

>only one power cage
>only 2 benches
>gets crowded after like 3-4pm

Other than that it's chill
>>
>>36601155
Yeah, thats basically mine too.

'm the only one who uses the cage whn I'm in, and even if someone is its ussually available if I just do my other sets for a while.
>>
Mine's tucked in the middle of nowhere and my brother and I basically have been running the join. A bunch of chill old dudes are the only other ones using the free weights.
>>
>>36599864
Downtown berkeley?
>>
The one back home right by my house picked up some crossfit knock-off over the winter so now they have three platforms with bumper plates and three squat racks. Best reason for breaks now. Sauna, steam room, pool, that equipment, and I'm usually the strongest person there. shits dope
>>
>>36601307
San Diego
>>
File: 343433.png (351 KB, 630x315) Image search: [Google]
343433.png
351 KB, 630x315
>>36599337
>1 squat rack
>1 power cage
>2 benches, 2 incline benches and and a decline bench
>tons of plates and spare barbells with space

It's pretty good famalam just wish they had heavier dumbbells and a few hammer strength machines but beggars can't be choosers
>>
If anyone here has kids (lol) I strongly recommend the youth and government program. lots of y's have it and it's basically a program to turn any awkward fucker into a public speaking badass

really good for personality gains
>>
I go to one in Toronto. It only has one squat rack but I go early and it's usually empty.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.