[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /fit/ I've got a challenge for you fuckers. I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 288x216
Alright /fit/ I've got a challenge for you fuckers. I want to get ripped and actually enjoy my body image and pickup chicks instead of being this 4/10, 5'8 140lb 19 year old beta who hasn't had a single girlfriend.

Problem:
I take Vyvanse 60mg for my college work, and while I do good in school, I can not for the life of my gain weight because of the near zero appetite I have when I'm on the meds, nor can I work out the 10-12 hours the medication is in my system because my resting heart rate is already 120 when I'm on it, and my arms feel numb/weak/I have no energy.

Solutions:
I've cut down the gym problem of eating a huge breakfast and going to the gym before I have to take my meds, but I have class at 9am so I would have to get up at 6, prepare my breakfast, head to the gym, come back and take my meds and go to school. But how would I fulfill the rest of my caloric intake requirements for the rest of the day? What the hell should I eat in the morning?
>>
>>36587585
I've used basically all forms of adderall and ritalin, so I know what you mean with the whole no appetite thing. Do you actually just have no appetite or do you feel nauseous when you eat while on your meds? I may be able to help out either way
>>
>>36587620
Honestly, if it isn't just saturated in fat it tastes like shit when I'm on the meds. Like I'll be hungry and know it, but my mouth would be so dry and I have so little energy and everything tastes like shit and I just don't have any real interest in eating.
>>
>>36587585
Not trying to be a dick but maybe you should first work on not having to rely on legal crack to get shit done.
>>
>>36587646
Budget your food differently - look into mass gainer shakes (if you're an ecto/hard gainer) and whey for 2-3 meals of your day.
>>
>>36587727
Man, trust me. I've tried. I've taken two years off the meds in total, once in 8th grade and another in 12th. I've come to the conclusion that my brain can literally not do shit unless I'm on the meds. I'm a CS major right now, so I'm not gonna fuck with stopping again now, especially since I couldn't even do the easy classes when I was off them.
>>
>>36587646
Ok well if nausea isn't an actual issue that's a good thing. And you know that the food containing fat will help you get it down, so you seem to know your problem pretty well.

Honestly, it feels like you could have sat down and figured out everything I'm about to spoonfeed you, but here are some potential fixes to your diet/exercise problem.

Put more fat into everything you eat, lower your carbs, make sure your still getting enough protein. I'm not saying go full keto(meme), but add some coconut/olive/vegetable oil to rice, make a shake heavy on the peanut butter and whole milk, find a sauce recipe online for chicken heavy on fats(french sauces based around cream would be a good place to start). Drink more water, addy dehydrates the shit out of you as well, this is an easily rectifiable situation. Make these the night before and have a timer set on your phone to go off at meal times. Is it still gonna be a struggle? Yeah, but it'll be better. Man up, you said you want to escape beta status, mastery over yourself is an important step towards this.

As for the workouts, the issue you have is probably due to you not eating well or working out during your crash. Avoid working out on crashes and eat right things should work out ok. If you have a problem with heart rate try splitting the pill in half, do a 30/30 split.

Write. Shit. Down. Record where you are now(heart rate, BP, macros/cals, how you feel), change up everything for one week. Then each week try one adjustment to diet/exercise if you think it'll help. Continue to adjust until you find the optimal system for your training.
>>
>>36587788
Maybe it's because youve convinced your self you need amphetamines to do any work at all and have made your self addicted and dependent on stims to function in society
>>
>>36587727
real talk, Vyvanse withdrawal worse than Oxycontin withdrawal imo.
>>
>>36587807
Alright my current diet is basically eat whatever the fuck is availible at the moment, you're gonna need to help me out a little.

I just threw together a shit load of brown rice, pinto beans, chicken breast marinated in buffalo sauce, and I just drenched them in avocado oil, cilantro and lime. It was pretty good, but what the fuck should I eat tommorow morning before I go to the gym?
>>
>>36587788
Welp, from one concerned bro to another I would just try to work on it at some point those meds are pure evil.

Anyways yeah I would get most kcals before and after your meds and whatever you can tolerate in between focusing on protein since you'll probably be eating little during that time. Fiber and protein are very filling so I would limit those to only essential amounts, and lots of fats since they're very calorie dense. Liquid calories are also great no chewing and you don't have to treat it like food just swallow like water and really easy to make blend some rice with milk fruits and whey or whatever.
>>
>>36588050
Recently quit adderal cause was making me skinny fat
Life also got really complicated and want adderall again.

Just put everything in a blender. Liquid calories are your friend. I hate peanut butter so I would add a couple spoons of olive oil to my shakes for the extra calories instead. I would start my days with gym. Have some sugary oatmeal with whole milk and adderal then go to the gym and continue my day.
Stay hydrated as already mentioned. I substituted good juice for a lot of my water and it helped with calories. I don't have any experience with vyvanse but if it's like adderal it makes recovery reeeeally long. So your gains will be slower than normal but being functional is worth it imo.
>>
>>36588136
>>36588084
I never really thought about throwing everything in a blender, but now that I think about it, it's genius. I have fucked up tooth sensitivity if I bite something too hard and this is just amazing. I'll try this stuff for a week and see how it goes bros, it sounds promising.

Probably won't be mixing supplements with my vyvanse though, just doesn't seem safe to me.
>>
>>36588241
How the fuck are you smart enough to be a CS student in college but not smart enough to think about drinking calories? Are you from r9k? Did you believe the meme that we're all normies here?

Also don't stack caffeine or preworkout or anything, but protein powders/mass gainers are easy calorie/macros sources with zero prep time that won't fuck with your meds cause they're literally just food products with fancy packaging
>>
>>36588299
desu I've read a few about this stuff, but the only shakes I've ever seen people talk about are pre-during-and post workout shakes.

I also just assumed throwing everything in a blender would taste like complete shit so it never crossed my mind. So whey protein it is.
>>
>>36588416
What the fuck with this desu weab garbage I didn't type that
>>
>>36588299
>College = smart
Oh anon.
Sit here next to me. I have to tell you why you're stupid and I don't want to hurt your feelings.
>>
>>36587585
>AIright /fit/ I've got a chaIIenge for you

>Do aII of my work for me, fix my shitty Iife and maybe some research that l don't want to do!

You're a fucking faggot OP.
>>
>>36587771
>ecto
kill yourself asap
>>
>>36588442
I'd agree with this. I might have a knack for math and programming but my common sense is beyond retarded.

Funny cause CS prides itself on "logic."

>>36588444
Man I have been searching this topic for fucking ever. Perhaps I just made some incorrect assumptions or I read some faulty data, I don't know how it happened, I admit my faults. I'm drugged out of my fucking mind half the time give me a break.
>>
>>36588428
full fucking reddit, nigger

how do people STILL not know about the filter
>>
>>36587585
>Vyvanse

JUST
>>
I GOT YOU OP

Blend:
2 bananas
50-100g rolled oats
Xboxhueg serving of natty PB
Milk as desired for consistency and caloric value
Optional super-bonus: half a scoop to a scoop of vanilla whey

Cheap, very nutritious and extremely easy to consume, add 1-3 of these to your diet daily and enjoy the gains
>>
>>36588518
>>36588518
THANK YOU

is there like a recommended type of PB or is shitty ole skippy fine
>>
I think perhaps OP should work on his cardio first, no? Maybe get it done to a resonable 65-70 resting and just make minor gains from there?
>>
File: tumblr_o2bingAzJt1s8r1a7o1_500.jpg (82 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2bingAzJt1s8r1a7o1_500.jpg
82 KB, 500x625
>>36588442
W-Will you be gentle?
>>
>>36588556
Whatever, I don't know what's in Skippy but it shouldn't be much more than peanuts and oil. All kinds of gains.
>>
>>36587585
Maybe you should take three days off if it per week, so you can hit the gym heavy on those days. As far as appetite, it doesn't matter if you have it or not, just force yourself to eat and you'll gradually adjust.
>>
>>36588814
Lol I take my meds only when I need to, but the withdraw symptoms got me all kinds of fucked up.
>>36588444
>>36588299
>>36588518
If I pissed you guys off, I'm fucking sorrows bro. I'll fucking stick to these regiments with all of my God damn heart I swear it, I'm not gonna let you're good efforts go to waste.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.