[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are fits thoughts on GST, gymnastics strength training?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Alexander Shatilov.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Alexander Shatilov.jpg
1 B, 486x500
What are fits thoughts on GST, gymnastics strength training?

>Builds god tier upper body strength if done right
>Athletic body mass comes as a result of training
>decent lower body strength if you know what you're doing
>serious lower body strength if you have a proper coach
>inb4 manlets only succeed
>pic related
>Alexander Shatilov 6ft tall olympic gymnast
>>
The time it took for that man to reach that level would be longer than it would for someone who is 5'7
>>
>>36574605

You got sources on that?
>>
File: lengthlets.jpg (31 KB, 450x251) Image search: [Google]
lengthlets.jpg
31 KB, 450x251
>>
>>36574605
Do you use celltech? You realize the amount of time it takes for you to get big is much longer than for someone on dat dere? Why even try?
>>
>>36574632
>what is surface area
10 lbs looks like more on a short guy than a tall guy.
>>
>>36574743

Still don't know what you're getting at unless you're implying mass = skill level
>>
>>36574557
Have you tried gymnastics? This shit is ridiculously hard and there's barely any linear progression. Like in weight lifting, if you can't ohp 300 lbs, you back it up to 295, then 290, and so on until it's just the bar.

In gymnastics, if you can't hold the full planche, you can only back it up until the tuck planche (which is still extremely hard) before you're out of steps. And how do you acquire tuck planche? I dunno, work your shoulders and abs separately somehow, I guess, and hope one day, you just magically can start doing it
>>
>>36574632
Short people have better mechanical leverage for bodyweight exercises
>>
>>36574557
>>Builds god tier upper body strength if done right
>>Athletic body mass comes as a result of training
>>decent lower body strength if you know what you're doing
>>serious lower body strength if you have a proper coach
ONLY FOR ELITE STPORTSMEN
>>
former gymnast here. a lot of the ring stuff builds insane strength but largely unless you really feel like dedicating a shitload of time to learning the progressions, working them week in and out, finding a facility, etc, you're better off just lifting weights. MAYBE do some muscleups for shits and giggles sometimes but overall unless you're devoted to the sport for its own sake it's not going to give you some magic aesthetic returns that you wouldn't get just from ordinary lifting
>>
>>36574557
>what are fits thoughts?
>here is the only thing you are allowed to think
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>>36574883
You could scale it back to planche leans.
>>
>>36574883

Orrrrrr

planche leans - one leg planche lean - tuck planche - advance tuck - bent leg straddle- bent leg - straddle - full planche
>>
>>36575603
Hey man, question here, been doing calisthenics for 2 years, but only gained a lot of muscle in my first year, and almost nothing in my second one, i'm losing motivation, i used to do 2 push, pull and squat days, mostly high reps to failure, switched to low reps controled but nothing happened, what do you recommend me?
>>
>>36575942

post routine
>>
>>36575942
Have you upped your caloric intake?
>>
>>36575603
This. I've been doing Foundation from Coach Sommer and I've built a very nice physique. However, I think It would have taken less time and less effort If I just lifted weights.

On the other hand, I'm really flexible and have nice some tricks I can do to.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.