[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ear irrigation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90 KB, 1920x1080
/fit/, I just did the best thing for my body I've ever done. My hearing has been super shitty the past 3 or 4 years but I figured it was just because I was getting old (30). Finally made an appointment and it turns up I had about an inch of earwax 'plugs' compressed in my ears from swimming in the ocean so frequently and wearing ear buds. They used a catheter to irrigate and remove the wax plugs (it seriously filled a small dish) and now I can hear better than I have in years! Even better, my sense of balance and 'awareness' is much better now.

So if you've been having hearing problems, don't put off getting your ears checked and cleaned out.
>>
Or you could do it yourself and use tweezers to pull them out.

>actually going to a doctor for this
>>
>>36570357
my insurance covered it

they have ear scopes so they can tell for certain when all of it is out and they can see your eardrum

>using tweezers

it just pushes all that shit further in there, plus you risk scratching your eardrum
>>
>>36570357
tweezers will impact it further and scrape your ear canal

but you can use olive oil and warm water with a little turkey baster thing from a pharmacy and do it for like $5
>>
>>36570372
>they have ear scopes so they can tell for certain when all of it is out and they can see your eardrum

>Going by some ear scope and not your actual senses.
>>
>>36570391
that's the thing though. I thought they had it all out but the doc took another look and decided there was still some back there. Did another couple irrigations and a HUGE chunk came out that I never would've realized was in there. And those chunks are what allows the ear wax to build up in the first place so you wouldn't really have fixed the problem

>>36570385
i tried using olive oil and it did soften it up which made it easier for the doc to remove. The problem is that it can soften it up like cement so it will plug you up even worse if it can't drain out and resolidifies

the doc used 50/50 warm water and hydrogen peroxide to irrigate
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.