[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/, I'm fat as fuck. I'm 27 and have been hovering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: P_20160324_214211.jpg (2 MB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
P_20160324_214211.jpg
2 MB, 4096x2304
/fit/, I'm fat as fuck.

I'm 27 and have been hovering around 460lbs for the past 5 or so years. I'm a truck driver and so my food options are often limited as well as my time. Meaning, if I'm not driving, or working around the truck, I have to be sleeping.

So, I'm planning on quitting my job, sort of, and buying a bicycle. I'm giving myself 6mos to a year to get back into shape.because I realize now that if nothing changes in a dead man. And dead men are of no use to anyone.

I want to start cycling because low impact. However, do I have the right idea? There is an 'old skool' gym near me, should I contact them and see if someone will take up the task of being my personal trainer?

I just plan on riding until I can't, then riding back home. Counting my calories, cutting out sugars and most my carbs. Until I actually quit, I'm eating quinoa and lentils with other beans, chicken and fish.

Tl;dr bicycling vs lifting for hamplanets
>>
Practice healthy eating and do a cut. Read the sticky to see what it means to cut and eat protein, cut trans fat out your diet, yur arteries are probly clogged enough. Carry aspirin incase u feel a heart attack while cycling, and dont drink soda anymore.
>>
File: renee.jpg (380 KB, 646x3543) Image search: [Google]
renee.jpg
380 KB, 646x3543
Bumping with fat hate
>>
>>36560386

Thank you.
>>
>>36560353
>food options limited

I've never been to a truck stop where tuna fish sandwiches aren't available. Use myfitnesspal.

I think you should see a doctor and get a referral to a registered dietician if you get over the mental hump.
>>
File: asswings.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
asswings.webm
1 MB, 854x480
>>
>>36560444

Ok. What mental hump, and why a dietician?
>>
File: 1404341872234.jpg (256 KB, 1024x1330) Image search: [Google]
1404341872234.jpg
256 KB, 1024x1330
>>
>>36560474
Because you are at a point of obesity where beginning a fitness regimen is potentially dangerous. You should do it under medical supervision. The advice here is for flabby high school students, not someone who's heart is hanging up a noose and writing a note
>>
>>36560474
>mental hump

Ready to actually change your life.
>>
>>36560496

Is that something I can do at a clinic? I don't have health insurance. I don't plan on spending a bunch of money on doctors telling me shit I can get here.

If I die, I'd rather die on a bicycle in my home town on some trail then on the road behind the wheel in fuckin Arkansas.
>>
>>36560503

As soon as I get the money up after purchasing the bike, I'm in it. Being a kissless virgin and losing my life to this shit is scaring me.
>>
>>36560543
Eat 1500 calories a day or less and start with walking slowly until you are like 250lbs. Then tdee-500, and buy catastrophic insurance on the marketplace.
>>
>>36560591

Walking isn't an option. I've recently been visiting a physical rehab center for over stretching the ligaments in my feet. Hence bicycle.
>>
>>36560614
Swim, don't bike
>>
>>36560618

I planned on swimming after awhile, but not as a main source of exercise.
>>
File: IvbwTMn.jpg (296 KB, 578x2655) Image search: [Google]
IvbwTMn.jpg
296 KB, 578x2655
>>
>>36560353
You already fucked your aesthetics with facial tattoos if that pic is you so I wouldn't even bother.
>>
>>36560635
You should not be biking at 450. Go for short walks or use a treadmill. Jesus Christ.
>>
Can bicycles support someone that's over 400 lbs?
>>
>>36560353
at 460 pounds all you have to do is a cut and youll lose weight with no exercise, though it will help
>>
>>36560835
yeah they got those reinforced bikes for fatties
i saw it on tv
>>
>>36560758

Cool, thanks.
>>
>>36560835

Yes, its just a matter of wheel strength. Its not a problem, components are just going to wear faster.
>>
>>36560861

Thank you.
>>
>>36560353
How the fuck are you gonna pull 16 tons with a bicycle op
>>
>>36560943

Gearing
>>
op, i recommend to just watch your diet first, start eating at a high deficil, maybe 1200? 1500 if you cant handle the hunger, also use myfitnesspal to count your macros and be honest to yourself.

You're 450 FUCKING POUNDS you can literally shredd weight by only eating at a deficit, my brother is 345 and he lost 7lbs in a week just by eating 1200cals a day. He sits on his ass all day for gods sake.

Your body burns a surprising ammount of calories just to keep you alive, you dont need to do any extra physical activities at this point OP, i know it can be good to physically "feel" healthy, but it probably will do you more harm than good at this point.

Trust me, eat healthy for a week and just sit on your ass and you'll see the progress.
>>
>>36560353

I've been where you are, brother. I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you where the road goes.

I started at 430 pounds, completely sedentary. The first thing I did was simply cut back on soda and portion sizes, coupled with walking. A few weeks passed and soda was unknown to my diet. For lunch I would have just a subway sandwich, forgoing chips and the usual second sandwich.

A few weeks passed, lurking more I learned about macros and counting calories. I calculated my BMR and kept my intake significantly below it - at our weight, we will have tremendous energy even at a 2,000 calorie deficit. I continued to walk.

After 3 months had gone by, I had dropped down to 390. Walking for those 3 months gave me the physical foundation to lift. I started Starting Strength, maintained proper macros, and continued the cut. 10 months later I'm 282 pounds, with lifts nearing 1/2/3/4 pl8s.

>I just plan on riding until I can't, then riding back home. Counting my calories, cutting out sugars and most my carbs. Until I actually quit, I'm eating quinoa and lentils with other beans, chicken and fish.

Your plan will work. As you've already begun to clean up your diet you are well on your way down the path. The weight will drop away like water. Build incrementally - ween yourself away from sugar while you work with those lentils and quinoa. Count calories and walk until you find the right bike - especially the seat. Once you have the bike, know how to count calories, maintain your macros, then you'll be ready for the Gym. It took me 3 months - you could do it in a single if you work at it every day. Follow the path, and in 6 months you'll weigh less than 350 pounds. In a year you'll weigh less than 300.

Good luck, brother.
>>
>>36561538
>eating 1200 calories at 460 pounds
m8 thats not how it works, cuts should just be 500 below maintenance and lower it as weight is lost.
>>
A trainer will be worth every cent for you. You need someone to coach you through pushing yourself. You wont know how to do that without a coach.
>>
I mean I'm just gonna echo and say you really just need to cut on calorie intake for a while. I recommend celery and carrots if you can swing it. They'll fill you up and they don't have much in the way of caloric content. Plus with all that fibre you'll have godlike shits
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>36560353
Swimming is good for heftier people apparently try that
>>
>>36561649

Addendum. I just saw you have fucked up ligaments in your feet. Forget the bicycle - those ligaments are connected to your calves and your quads, which you'll be using predominantly on your bike.

Swimming is your best choice. Not only is it low impact to give your feet time to heal, but you will lose weight faster - especially if the pool is cold.

Water is much better at absorbing heat than air. Instead of having to sweat out the expended energy of your burned fat, it can just be absorbed right into the pool.

Start with just 20 minutes - work up to an hour. Combined with counting your calories and an aggressive deficit you'll be down 30 pounds in a month. Continue swimming, start walking - in another month you'll be 400 pounds. Then find the right bike for you and hit the gym.
>>
>>36560386
>Carry aspirin incase u feel a heart attack while cyclin
No, this is not enough.
You probably have angina, so you must have a nitro Rx? If not, go to a doc and consult with them.
>>
Track your calories for 1 week. Learn about every single food you eat. Obviously, the cleaner you eat, the easier this is because fewer ingredients.

Then starting the next week, cut your calories by 500, and walk for 20 minutes every day.
>>
>>36560353
Good on you for changing your diet. That was the hardest part for me. First of all, before you start exercising you should probably see a doctor before starting all this.

My best fitness advice: SWIM. Honestly, it's probably the best/most fun way to work out a lot of different things while not pressuring your joints. Whatever you decide to do, make sure it's not running (treadmill or outdoor) or you'll destroy your legs.

If you want to do cardio on a stationary bike, it's also a good place to start. Make sure that the bikes will support your weight. Some lady at my gym broke an adjustable stationary bike because she was too fat.

My brother was about that weight for 10+ years (he is currently in his 40s) and decided to have weight loss surgery last year. His wife (prob around ~300) also had it. My dad as well (he was prob ~350). I'm not trying to discourage you from trying to lose weight yourself, but my brother was at the point where he couldn't stand very long, let alone lift. Might be something to consider, especially if you have related health issues (ie heart disease, diabetus, etc).
>>
>>36561665
Some his weight can do a 30% deficient and be fine.
>>
>>36560684
Why is there a food trolley? That's like an open bar at a drug rehab center.

>the city of Britain
>>
>>36560353
Honestly, I hate to tell someone who is working a job to quit it but your job sets you up to almost inevitably die early of diabetes or cardiac problems. Quit it, get a cycle, join that gym. Fuckitall you stay a truck driver and you're going to die early. Don't worry about getting a personal trainer. First things first is getting into a routine. Cut calories, ride bike, enjoy fatty losses. The fater you are the easier it is to lose weight. Good luck man.
>>
OP, go to http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and fill in the calculator.

Select the weight reduction 20% option.

This will get you a good idea of how much you SHOULD be eating in a day. Your first step is to get to that reduced number.

If you drop to 1500, or even 1800 calories you're going to feel like shit and be totally exhausted all the time.

Remember: you're going to have days, weeks even, where you feel like nothing is happening. Believe me - Something is happening. Just move every single day and be consistent.

I'm pulling for you bruh
>>
>>36560353
Get used to being hungry and drinking a ton of water all the time
>>
I don't know if you'll be able to handle a bike. If I was you I'd get on a stationary bike, elliptical, or swimming.
>>
>>36560353
Keep your job and get your diet right. I was obese but not nearly as big as you. For 9 months i counted calories 1800 a day and weight was falling off.

I would suggest dropping 100lbs (would take you maybe 6 months) and then look into exercise.

Diet is everything. Learn to control you awful habits before worrying about exercise.

Then yeah walking, riding a bike, swimming.

But seriously you are likely in such bad shape that a 20 minute bike ride could be dangerous.
>>
I can relate my own experience.

I was 336 at my heaviest, which is not as immobilizing as your weight (plus I'm 6'3"), but the same principles apply.

The initial bulk of my weight melted away, fast. And that's really what you seem to need the most, right now. As a bonus, this initial loss didn't require any exercise for me.

The first thing I did, which served as a foundation for me losing even more weight, was portion control. When you go to fast food or even a restaurant, just get the sandwich item. I'm not even suggesting getting the healthy, grilled chicken sandwich item. You want a Western Bacon Cheeseburger, fine. Just don't get the fries and soda.

After a week or so of eating much less, my stomach shrank back to normal or whatever it does, and I wasn't STARVING for excess food, anymore.

During this whole time, I wasn't eating sweets or drinking soda. Switch to unsweetened tea or something. And definitely drink a LOT of water. I might even suggest cheating a little, and having coffee to keep your system moving. But you have to drink water to make up for the water shedding your body does from the coffee.

Anyway, I lost the initial 60 lbs. in a hurry, just by portion control. After that I further adjusted what I ate to consist of more protein and less carb items like breads and tortillas. And after the next 30 lbs or so I began walking as often as I could until I walked everyday.

I would say the biggest hurdle to get over is self control. And a piece of advice I always followed was "it's never too late." Meaning if you blow it at lunch by giving in and getting the fries and sugary drink, you're gonna feel bad, but don't give up for the rest of the day--eat right at dinner. Even if you blow it twice, make one of your meals right, and you'll still be doing better than normal.

Just be patient, and suddenly your pants are loose, and then you run out of belt loop holes, etc.
>>
>>36560353
start by cutting out soda. It's harder than it sounds. If you can seriously do that for 2 weeks, try cutting out sugar drinks, meaning you only drink water, tea with no sugar or coffee. I drink cream in my coffee but that's up to you. You'll probably seriously lose like 50-70lbs in one year just by doing that.

Don’t worry about exercising. Worry about moving and diet. Get in at VERY LEAST 30 Min walking per day EVERY DAY. If you can do that for 2 weeks, try 45 minutes per day. When that's easy, do an hour per day. Keep going until you hit an hour and a half per day, then buy a pedometer (cheap one works fine) and try hitting 10,000 steps.

Don't give up if you fuck up, but don't make a habit of it either.

Example: I drank a gallon of soda today, so fuck it I won't do my walk.
NO
IT should be:
I drank a gallon of soda today, I'm a moron, let's not do that again, I'm going to walk 40 minutes today instead and make sure not to drink soda all week!

etc

Do that until you can start cutting food calories. If you have the time/money, see a dr and a nutritionist I've seen people do great with bodies worse than yours

Swimming is good too but you're probably not near a pool/ might feel subconscious etc

Absolutely NO RUNNING, HIGH INTENSITY ANYTHING, NO BIKES ETC

Try walking until you can start dieting, once you start dieting and walking you'll lose enough weight to exercise safely.
>>
>>36560448
H I G H T E S T
I
G
H

T
E
S
T
>>
>>36561713
>>36562120
this and this and a weeeee bit this>>36561800
>>36561891
do that too there's a ton of good advice and feels here bro
>>
File: toomuchanontoomuch.jpg (173 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
toomuchanontoomuch.jpg
173 KB, 1920x1440
>>36561649
>>36561761
>>36561800
>>36561891
>>36562012
>>36562025
>>36562120

Thanks for the feels, comrades. I decided to go to bed when the thread slowed, and just decided to check to see if it died.

I've cut my soda intake waaaay waaaay back. Now I only drink it at home. I've been on and off with it for awhile. While out on the road, entry to drink a gallon of water a day, I out Bragg's apple cider vinegar in with it for taste and pseudoscience.

After thinking about it a bit, I think ill keep my job until I can afford to have someone else drive the truck for me, then I'll "quit".

As stated earlier, my feet and ankles are fucked. I have a dog with me and besides walking her and playing, I stretch while she romps. Nothing crazy, just squats and grabbing my ankles, shoulder stretching and more leg stretches.

I've been on this quinoa/lentil + proteins for 3 days now. I'm digging it. Trying to keep an IF lifestyle(I've been flirting with it for months) so I now have an understanding on what's craving and what's actual hunger.

I also downloaded myfitnesspal tonight. I plan on utilizing that(barcode scanner FTW).

I'll be checking in periodically, as I've made progress. Do any of you know where a tub of lard like me can weigh himself?

Again, thanks for the support.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-29-00-04-57.jpg (481 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-29-00-04-57.jpg
481 KB, 1080x1920
>>36562120

I live near a cold lake, I can take the dogs and family and go up there when I'm home.
>>
You can do it OP. Don't give up.
>>
>>36560403
He's actually trying to change :/
>>
>>36560403
She can sit up unassisted? Woah
>>
>>36561777

The NHS has no control over the food trolleys because they're operated by private firms.
>>
File: 1459195048454.jpg (13 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1459195048454.jpg
13 KB, 250x187
>>36560353
You should just not eat...ever again
Or just wash your mouth out with some good ole 45acp
>>
Funny, I was just reading an article about how driverless trucks are going to completely murder, cut into chunks, and drain of blood the trucking industry.

https://medium.com/basic-income/self-driving-trucks-are-going-to-hit-us-like-a-human-driven-truck-b8507d9c5961#.iljn8liqt
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.