[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Personal trainer sucks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 420x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 420x294
Just paid 300 for a 20 sessions with a trainer. We do legs, back, and arms/core 3 days a week.

I'm 6 sessions in and starting to realize Issues I don't like with this trainer. I like taking a minute in between reps so I can give it my all on the next rep, I will literally count to "60" in my head, and several times when I only count up to 25 seconds, my trainer goes "alright you ready, alright next set"... The fuck. Didn't even have time to rest for an actual minute.

Sometimes I say nah, just give me a few seconds and sometimes I'll just do the next set even when I don't feel totally ready to avoid looking weak or having my trainer awkwardly stare at me when I take a break, LEGIT will just stand and stare at me and make things awkward when I'm just taking a fucking rest in between reps.

There's no a/c in my gym so when I do take breaks I'll sit in front of the fan with my eyes closed, I don't want to open my eyes in front of a fan And dry them out or get dust in my eye, and my trainer ALWAYS says "do U have skmething in ur eye? Do u have something in ur eye?"

NO GODDAMIT.

Starting to really piss me off. I just started lifting which is why I hired the trainer to begin with, any advice? Does this trainer just sound crappy?
>>
>>36553792
pull out your phone to time the one minute
when he asks you if there's something in your eye say no, fuck off
That simple
>>
File: 1459028039667.jpg (129 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1459028039667.jpg
129 KB, 612x612
>>36553792
You sound like a beta autist. Im not even trying to be a dick, be jesus christ, instead of confronting a man you pay, about the quality of a service he provides that you pay for, you come to /fit/ to vent your whiny bullshit. Best part is someone in this thread will agree with you and it will be the only person you listen to because you came here for validation not actual advice. Go hang yourself.
>>
>Taking a 60 secon break between reps
>reps

I hope you're trolling
>>
>>36553848
Op could be a girl that just started lifting, probably why. Beginner lifters are weak, we didn't all start with good strength so calm down.
>>
>>36553848
or maybe............. it was........... a mistake??
>>
>>36553848
I meant in between sets.
>>
>>36553792
>I will literally count to "60" in my head, and several times when I only count up to 25 seconds, my trainer goes "alright you ready, alright next set".

Does your trainer not have a stopwatch or something? If your trainer can't even monitor the time and doesn't care about your rest between sets how do you know your trainer is monitoring you during your workout and making sure you do things with good form to prevent injury? Does it feel like your trainer is actually paying close attention to you and modifying your workout based on how you deal with the exercises? Is the extent of the personal training the PT saying "today we're doing x y and z this is how you do it" then just standing by and staring into space while you perform the movement?

>I don't want to open my eyes in front of a fan And dry them out or get dust in my eye, and my trainer ALWAYS says "do U have skmething in ur eye? Do u have something in ur eye?"

I don't understand why you can't simply mention that you don't want the fan drying out your eyes.
>>
>>36553866
C'mon, if you're needing to take a whole minute between reps and you're a beginner, you are lifting too much. Less weight, focus on form, add the weight and start struggling later when you know what you're doing.

>>36553870
Hopefully.
>>
>>36553937
>>36553937
Sometimes my trainer does say things like "lower" "don't move your elbows" and does correct my form also.

It's just the timing thing. Arent I supposed to do my next set when I feel like my body/energy level is back to normal.

Or am I supposed to start my next set even when I feel slightly weak/tired?
>>
If you want something done right you have to do it yourself
>>
File: 23532523.jpg (117 KB, 2140x1605) Image search: [Google]
23532523.jpg
117 KB, 2140x1605
> tfw my ex PT was a cool guy
> we'd talk about shit we had in common in between sets
> always a very relaxed mood between us

> tfw we're still sorta friends today (a year later)

Feels good
>>
>>36553952
Meant to say in between sets.
>>
with all he info available you dont need a fucking pt. you probably thought if you pay you gonna reach your goals faster. guess what, you fall for the pt meme. they profit from ignorants like you.
>>
>>36554222
If you want a guaranteed person to spot you any day of the week; that's what a hired personal trainer is for.

No need to rely on "friends" to "spot you" at the gym or try to convince them to get off their asses.
>>
>>36554068

If you are doing weightlifting just go for the next set when you feel like it with a maximum rest of 5 or 6 mins, this PT guy seems pretty whack.

All the people i've seen with a PT have been DYEL so you are probably better off just reading the sticky and researching the exercises yourself.
>>
>>36554246
you dont need anyone to progress, that was my point.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.