[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.t-nation.com/training/s quat-good-exercise-gone-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: bezauberndes lachen.jpg (56 KB, 797x541) Image search: [Google]
bezauberndes lachen.jpg
56 KB, 797x541
https://www.t-nation.com/training/squat-good-exercise-gone-bad

Pretty interesting article. It shows that "squats" are just an internet meme.
>>
>>36551311
> Guys who have long legs compared to their torsos, like hockey players, would turn the back squat into a low-back exercise since their leverage is different.

The reason I hate back squats, never feels good to me
>>
>>36551341
Read on. the pro-squat guys have no arguments beyond "Everyone is doing it and we've all been doing it, so do it!"

/fit/ is truly the worst thing to happen to fitness EVER.
>>
File: qWZaJiY.gif (204 KB, 304x207) Image search: [Google]
qWZaJiY.gif
204 KB, 304x207
>mfw bulgarian squat master race
>>
>>36551347
I never said I don't do them.

But everytime I push them, it will resemble a bad goodmorning.

With front squats I don't have that problem.
>>
>>36551415
>But everytime I push them, it will resemble a bad goodmorning.
That's what back squats are. Bad goodmornings.

Heavy ATG back squats are an internet meme. If someone says you should do them, you can be sure that he's some autist who takes memes too seriously, even if he's a PT or S&C coach. Before Rippetoe, nobody cared about them.
>>
File: klokov_squat.webm (2 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
klokov_squat.webm
2 MB, 1000x562
>>36551415
>>36551443
don't blame the exercise for your shit form
>>
>>36551633
I blame my relative short torso and long femurs.

hail to the deadlift
>>
>>36551341
I feel your feel fellow lanklet
At least I'll always have diddly ;_;
>>
File: kd9XXlC.jpg (53 KB, 605x608) Image search: [Google]
kd9XXlC.jpg
53 KB, 605x608
Let me say it like this:

If you squat 3 times a week just to impress some internet kids you're an idiot anyways.

Look around in your gym. Everyone in the squat rack is either skinny or fat and the aesthetic chads are the ones who bench twice as often as they squat and then squat like 2pl8.

I personally train to look aesthetic, not to get a huge bubble butt to make senpai proud of me.
>>
>>36551311
That doesn't really convince me though.
These guys are talking about training athletes and bodybuilders to the maximum they can achieve. So for these people a squat wouldn't be the perfect way to train, that's why they're trying other, more optimized ways to train them. Their lower back is holding their legs back and they're circumventing it. And they have all the time in the world to do it.

For anyone just looking to lift heavy things up and then put them back down squatting would still be useful. Specifically in my case im trying to undo an adolescence spent on chairs. Im not dedicating my life to being the best in a sport or competition, so losing out on potential leg gains because my back isnt strong enough doesn't really harm me. In fact i thought thats why squats are good - because they train your body parts to work together properly, and they're time efficient.

It's a difference of goals,
for an athlete the best way to train, even for a max squat, might not be squats because other exercises would be more efficient in building strength.
For an average lifter who wants to be in shape, maybe goes to a competition a couple of times to see how he measures up to others, squats would still be a good way to train.
>>
>>36551713
RETARD
E
T
A
R
D
not gonna make it
>>
squats are legit a fucking meme, I thank god I started training 5-6 years ago and not today

everyone talking about muh compounds muh squats muh 5x5.

i thought I got fucked because at my stage people were just talking about

> never do isolations for your bicep/tricep .. you don't wanna be a CURLBRO do you?

6 years later training arms as hard as I fucking can to try to get them to grow due to WASTED fucking time jesus so mad.
>>
>>36551443
>>36551347
>>36551311

>OP hates squats because they'really hard
>scrounges Internet for like minded article written by fellow quitters
>brings his weakness to /fit/

Fuck off, OP. You don't know more than every strength coach since forever yout pussy.
>>
>>36552353
you can do both

but you're functionally retarded so I guess you have low expectations for yourself
>>
>>36552406

i assume you replied to the wrong post since what you typed makes no sense given the context of what I typed.
>>
>>36552328
Not going to make it.
>>
>>36552432
was supposed to >>36551713
>>
>>36552412
yes it does you fucking dummy
>>
>>36552450

not really no.

how old are you?
>>
>2016
>lifting at all
lmao
>>
>>36552353
You're still wasting your time. Its all about compounds but weighted chins and dips too. Isolation? Yeah prepare to waste another 5 years in the gym buddy. Lol isolations only do ANYTHING if you're roiding. Weighted dips give you huge tris and weighted chins get you dank biceps.

Squats are not a meme. They train your hips glutes and core. These are your biggest sources of more power and strengthening these muscles prevents injury. You guys fucked up listening to rippitoe when you aren't powerlifters.

Conventional diddlys and low bar are a meme though.
>>
>>36551311
>"squats" are just an internet meme.

You pussies will find any excuse to not bend your legs, lol.

Some type of hinge is necessary for longevity and health of your lower joints (not to mention health and muscular development).

>There's no such thing as a bad exercise.
There's just bad application or bad programming. Is there something wrong with the squat? Yes and no. If the program is a disaster or the person isn't built for it, then yes, there is something wrong. If it's programmed well then I don't see any problem at all. - Dave Tate
>>
>>36552459
Old enough to be your dad faggot. I fucked your mom
>>
>>36551311
But I enjoy squatting just in itself, they've been paramount to my leg development despite my long af femurs and being 6'5".

You don't have to do squats to develop a great physique, but if you enjoy lifting heavy things, and want bigger legs as well in less time than doing only isolations, then do your squats faggot
>>
>>36552478

nah

i mean lets put it in perspective

i got up to north of 200kg squat

250kg deadlift

140kg bench

120kg power clean and press

100kg x5 military press.

one arm 50kg dumbells as a fun exercise to do

power snatching 90kg as a fun exercise to do

I could bang out chins with 20kg plate between my legs up to 8-10 reps.

so I'm pretty sure Ive been a lot stronger than you I would guess

and I'm telling you isolation is 100% necessary, and if you don't do it you're an idiot and you will end up with Blaha-esque physique

i'm not memeing, that's how you get blaha mode.

> in b4 I'm lying, etc.

whatever fagnerd, take my advice or leave it I don't give a fuck

to anybody who actually gives a shit about their training: DO ISOLATION WORK
>>
>>36552328
>>36552432

yea thats the standart answer of SS-autists

>i focus my workout on getting a big round ass instead of nice upper body muscles
>>
>>36552485

ok
>>
>>36552478
Low bar is a meme, sure, but conventional diddlys? I think a lot of S&C coaches would disagree with you there
>>
>>36551341
>>36551663
Bullshit, if Thor can squat 800lbs raw at a height of 6'8 then you have no excuse
>>
>>36552595

A fictional marvel character can squat 800 wow
>>
File: oVFNRix[1].jpg (96 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
oVFNRix[1].jpg
96 KB, 720x960
>>36552631
Are you really this fucking new
>>
>>36552642

That's half-Thor bitch. He is only half the man thor is and to refer to him as just "Thor" is simply wrong
>>
>bodybuilder claiming to be a weightlifter
>a fat dyel coach who has never squatted more than 1pl8 in his life ever
>thinks standing on one leg and squatting a half rep is functional
>the bodybuilders he coaches are literally weaker than middleschool teenagers
>using one group of athletes infamous for groin and hip injuries as a basis for the entire population
>the people who he uses as an example of athletes who never squat are the most likely athletes to end up unable to walk by the end of their carers

this shit reminds me of the articles where they base the entire human diet off of the life expectancy of Okinawa and literally make up statistics on their food consumption to drive veganism. total bullshit posted for no reason to generate controversy
>>
>>36552642
Not that other retard but just because he's tall doesn't mean he has long legs compared to his torso.

In fact that picture kinda proves that he doesn't so your argument makes no sense.
>>
>squats don't work
>curls don't work

Am I being trolled?

And holy shit that article,
"squats don't train your muscles! they train you to transfer power from floor to the bar through your torso! so useless!"

holy fuck t-nation is such a shithole
>>
>>36551311

Did you read the article dude? He just subs single leg squats for full squats to take weight off the spine, and advocates athletes whose lower back is their weak point to do the same. I like squats and my back isn't the weak point so I'm going to keep doing them.
>>
>>36551311
Indeed OP, all compound exercises in general are just internet memes, designed to keep you down.
>>
>>36554404

at this point I'm subscribed to T-nation just to laugh at the broscience they peddle and their hilarious motivational pictures

> FOR MASSIVE HAMS, TRY THE WEIGHTED REVERSE-CURTSY PIROUETTE LUNGING SQUAT

> STUCK ON FAT LOSS? HERE'S SIX DUBIOUS SUPPLEMENTS WE'RE PAID TO SHILL THAT WILL TOTALLY WORK

> (picture of a squat rack) BECOME THE LION WITH DEDICATION AND THE IRON IS SACRED
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.