[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the FUCK do I fix my skin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (564 KB, 1932x1932) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
564 KB, 1932x1932
Making good progress my first few months of lifting seriously, then BAM, acne on my forehead. I eat a relatively clean diet, wash my face before bed, exfoliate about twice a week, and change my pillowcase often. I am comfortable about everything else but my skin. How do you keep your skin clear /fit/? 20 yrs old btw if that matters
>>
>>36550639
Try washing your face with cetaphil (not a shill; you can buy the generic). But you gotta buy the one that's formulated "for gentle skin"; it won't dry your skin up so bad after you dry off.
>>
cetaphil then moisturize twice a day.
>>
File: image.jpg (708 KB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
708 KB, 2576x1932
Pic of back, have mild bumps there as well
>>
semen
>>
>>36550639
>exfoliate about twice a week

Only use chemical exfoliants, the ones with the beads make your shit even worse.
2bh you could look into acne treatment with retinoids.
>>
accutane
/thread
>>
>>36550647
>>36550652
can confirm, cetaphil is very nice
>>
>>36550639
vitamin A, 4 gels a day
>>
>not using your sperms for you face
>making it
Pick one
>>
>>36550639
Go see a dermatologist asap breh and try a topical medicine before you consider accutane. I've been on epiduo for a few months now and my skin looks great.
>>
>>36550652
>>36550691
I didn't wanna make my post gay but I also think it kind of looks like cum

no homo
>>
I used cetaphil for a while until my skin got used to it. I use CeraVe foaming facial wash/cleanser what ever it is. Good shit, but dries my skin out so i just use a moisturizer every week. I also use a topical ointment but changing the face cleaner helped a ton. YMMV.
>>
wash ur face with brown sugar, don't fall for the pharma bullshit

not memeing, just do it once and you will notice the difference
>>
>>36550836
Dont do this stupid shit. Please.
>>
>>36550901
fuck off pharma shill, i do it all the time and so do thousands of soccer moms

I bet you cannot explain why your retarded ass thinks its a bad idea

here just for your retarded ass http://lmgtfy.com/?q=brown+sugar+exfoliant
>>
File: 1450316580410.jpg (89 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1450316580410.jpg
89 KB, 640x960
>>36550917
You stupid fucking retard exfoliating his face with harsh shit like sugar will make acne worse.
The acne bacteria will spread to the rest of his face and all the abrasion will irritate his skin even more causing even more redness and maybe even skin scars that take months to years to heal.

Literally fucking kill yourself for recommending this DIY pinterest bullshit.
>>
Accutane nigga
>>
File: 1452642169082.jpg (42 KB, 504x520) Image search: [Google]
1452642169082.jpg
42 KB, 504x520
>>36550652
>>36550647
>>36550691

Fuck you cetaphil shills! I fell for this meme and bought a bottle a few months ago. It ain't do shit!
>>
File: 1458936426013.png (39 KB, 156x143) Image search: [Google]
1458936426013.png
39 KB, 156x143
>>36550945
>hurr durr it will spread to the rest of his face because muh broscience

fuck off, I use it all the time and I don't have acne anymore, thousands of people do it aswell

you obviously use water and soap, you do know what happens with sugar when it comes in contact with water do you?

>muh abrasion broscience
its like you don't understand what an exfoliant is

enjoy your lack of soft and exfoliated skin gains cunt
>>
>>36550639

Clear&Clear Night&Day
Moisturize after each
Clay masks twice or thrice a week.
>>
>>36550639
Tazorac and cetaphil
>>
go see a dermatologist not 4chan who advice washing face with brown sugar
>>
>>36551138
t. bro who has never washed his face with brown sugar
>>
>>36550639

SAME man fuck! I had pretty much perfectly clear skin, then after a few months of lifting, acne on the forehead and some pimples along my upper back/traps. Probs gonna see a dermatologist one of these days
>>
>>36550639
It is mostly genetic. The only legit home remedy is getting a tan.
>>
>>36550639
>clean diet

what do you mean by that though? you need cut out dairy and high GI foods
>>
Tretinoin cream. Get it prescribed by your derm. Shit is good. Cleaned my face in no time(2months). Don't forget to buy moisturizing cream too
>>
>>36550639

Before trying anything ridiculous:

-get more sunlight
-avoid cow milk, that includes whey (creates spots and bad skin to some not-so-tolerant to dairy)
-eat more veggies and fruit, as a general rule of thumb: one piece of fruit AND veggie for every 1000kcal you consume
-drink more water, i'm guessing someone your size would be good with ~4L every day

If these points don't work, keep doing them and go to the doctor for help
>>
If you got it after starting to lift, obviously something changed with your diet and triggered it.

What is a "relatively" clean diet?
>>
>>36551947
are you retarded? 1000kcal? do you even know what kcal means or are you daft?
>>
accutane.
>>
>>36551980
>Not eating 4,000,000 calories a day
Eat big to get big c'mon!
>>
>>36551980
are you even aware of differences between europe and states? kcal is the same as cal in europe, because we europoors are not fucking retards
>>
>>36550639
I heard sunlight helps. No joke
>>
>>36550639
skin doesnt matter you're hot
>>
Change from your gym shirt into a clean shirt after you workout anon
>>
>>36550639
To be honest, it's just a byproduct of having high testosterone. Things that will help it look less angry:

1. Get more sleep
2. Don't shower every fucking day
3. Eat more vegetables
4. Aloe vera moisturizer every day
>>
Tea trea oil
>>
>>36553812
Showering every day is okay but washing his face should be done every 3-4 days. On the other days a good rinse with water & fingertips is good enough.

>>36552322
I agree - would hit it.
>>
Accutane if you want real results.
>>
You only wash your face once a day?

Gross.
>>
>>36553812
>To be honest, it's just a byproduct of having high testosterone
Yeah because you have his blood results sitting in front of you...faggot
>>
File: 1453057779030.png (236 KB, 315x447) Image search: [Google]
1453057779030.png
236 KB, 315x447
>>36555245
>washing his face should be done every 3-4 days

Disgusting.
>>
>>36550664
this
>>
Pretty busy so this post is going to be a bit of a slap job.

What you want is benzoyl peroxide, it's an over the counter topical cream. There have been multiple trails that prove its efficacy in a 4 to 12 week course of eczema.

"There is good evidence from placebo-controlled trials that benzoyl peroxide is effective at reducing both inflammatory and non-inflammatory lesions in people with acne, but probably increases the rate of localized adverse effects such as dryness, burning, erythema, and pruritus.

A BMJ Clinical Evidence review (search date: February 2010) investigated the effectiveness of topical retinoids (tretinoin, isotretinoin, and adapalene) in the treatment of acne [Purdy and de Berker, 2011]. It identified an American technology assessment published by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality [AHRQ, 2001], and several subsequent trials. No results were combined in meta-analysis due to significant heterogeneity in study design.
Five RCTs (n = 875) compared benzoyl peroxide with placebo.
Four RCTs found that, after 4–12 weeks, benzoyl peroxide reduced the total number of lesions, the number of non-inflammatory lesions, and the number of inflammatory lesions compared with vehicle alone.
One RCT of weaker methodological quality found that benzoyl peroxide reduced lesion count compared with baseline.
No RCTs addressed patient perception, psychological distress, or quality of life as outcomes.
Most of the studies reported that benzoyl peroxide increased the occurrence of local adverse reactions, such as dryness, burning, erythema, and pruritus (this was statistically significant in two studies)."

These are from the NICE guidelines. It's the only topical cream they suggest pretty much. Went in roaccutane personally as a teenager and it fucked me up with no improvement in my spots, I do not recommend it personally.

http://cks.nice.org.uk/acne-vulgaris#top
>>
Accutane is the only thing that works for men, accutane or birth control works for women
>>
>>36550639
zink
>>
>>36556208

This.

My skin was worse than yours and I used all sorts of shit in my face to try to fix it and only accutane actually solved it.
>>
REplace your bedsheets 2x a week m8.

If I don't replace my bedsheets at least 2x a week I get acne about as bad as that.

Also shower asap after working out, and shower before bed.
>>
I'm under the same damn boat. I had tried all sorts of natural remedies and even went vegetarian and drank a gallon of water a day for 6 months to try and calm my hormornal acne (23 years old, female). My acne is worse than yours, where I'm getting large cysts AND the small clusters like yours.

I eventually went to a dermatologist and she gave me a bunch of different medications to try out, and it took me 2 years to get approved for the permanent treatment, Isotretinoin (Accutane) and it's going well for me so far. She's pretty conservative when it comes to giving out Accutane so she had to make 100% sure nothing else worked.

TLDR; Go see a derm to find out how severe your acne is. Go to EVERY apointnent. After treatments, which can last for 5 months, it's a permanent solution. When it comes to hormornal acne, eating clean doesn't do a damn thing.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.