[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what does fit do for money? Pic related for me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 21
File: image.jpg (334 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
334 KB, 1200x800
So what does fit do for money?

Pic related for me
>>
>>36548611
i worked for marco rubio's presidential campaign

currently working at a local business
>>
>>36548645
>worked

Ha poor water boy
>>
>>36548611
I work for a trade show company. I am an office coordinator. I have my own office and I travel. Not bad. Would like to do what you're doing though. I didn't finish my degree though.
>>
>>36548611
Pharmacy Technician at Walgreens

It's a decent job. Making 30k staraight out of high school is never a bad thing. Just waiting it out until I can get into school to pursue my EMT/Paramedic education.
>>
make sandwiches

get social security because my parents were smart enough to get me in the system when i was a fucked up little kid
>>
File: 12647147274_fcfbcd09c2_b.jpg (150 KB, 1024x644) Image search: [Google]
12647147274_fcfbcd09c2_b.jpg
150 KB, 1024x644
Navy
>>
>>36548611
oil + gas engineering student atm no jobs no internships mo muffin.
wat do senpai?
>>
>>36548813
In school for electrical engineering which, based on previous threads, seems to be a popular major on /fit/
>>
>>36548823
Cool. How is it, and what's your rate? I leave to RTC in a week, just curious.
>>
>>36548611
what exactly do you do OP? work for NASDAQ?
trading? trading on your own or at a firm?
>>
File: 1411777167846.jpg (45 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1411777167846.jpg
45 KB, 500x667
>>36548611
Wage slave, trying to get into Law Enforcement. Filling out my State Trooper background booklet as I type this. Also have a meeting with my background investigator for a city department. Shit is pretty annoying as to how much they want to know.
>>
>>36548837
Ayyyy just got my associates this past December and have gotten a job in Robotics at some Shitty honda factory.
>>
>>36548844
ETR, basic was a joke. Just get used to people calling you a piece of shit
>>
>>36548611
manual labor in a factory. don't study math - it's a useless degree, even with a great GPA and decent interview/social skills. going back for my masters in accounting in a few months with the goal of working in public accounting.
>>
>>36548830
>engineering student
>no internships

Lol

>>36548855
I trade on my own, make enough to not have to work, enough for a middle class life
>>
>>36548896
>I trade on my own, make enough to not have to work, enough for a middle class life
nice fampai. how much did you start with in your trading account? what type of securities (stocks? options?)
>>
>>36548889

You must suck at interviewing, math is a great degree
>>
>>36548883
>Just get used to people calling you a piece of shit

Already there senpai
>>
Indie game developer. I do what I love and pick my own hours. The money isn't too bad either
>>
>>36548896
If you are that good why not get a job investing other people's money?
>>
>>36548909
i briefly attended med school and "passed" several med school interviews, so no, I don't suck at interviews.
>>
>>36548928
You're all over the place man, why so many different career decisions
>>
>>36548907
Been trading since 16, 31 now, I play it safe, buying only well known stocks. I just buy when they hit a rough spot, then automate selling when they hit a price point I'm cool with
>>
>>36548611
How much money do you have
How much money have you made through stocks
How much do you invest in stocks
>>
>>36548910
Other than that, all you need are 3 things to not be a shitbag. You'll hear this a fuck ton too

Be on time
Clean uniform
Good attitude
>>
>>36548932
enjoyed math and it let me take a lot of med school electives. hated med school so I quit - too much memorization and I didn't want to be in school until I was in my mid 30s. now going for accounting because it's only a two year masters and ive taken an accounting class before and enjoyed it.
>>
Flip burgers
>>
Compliance Officer at a brokerage firm. Basically the office cop.
>>
UX design / Web development
Freelance at the moment, just graduated 2 weeks ago, but filling out applications, sending resumes, etc right now too.
>>
Graphic Designer. So far so good, but lately I've been lacking disciprine.
>>
>>36549085
As someone who has been thinking on becoming a Graphics Designer where would be the best place to start learning? /gd/?
>>
>>36548933
Where did you learn? I've been looking to get into stocks
>>
>>36548611
Park ranger for the state of Florida
Not that great of pay but i get free college and retirement
>>
>>36548645
He was our only hope. I probably saw you of you were ever in Iowa.
>>
>Stock and logistics control manager

Never intended to. First job I applied for out of highschool was an order picker, never applied for new positions just happened, then applied for same position at another firm cause I was sick of working with degenerates.
>50k
>comfy
>great boss
I should do more but it's comfy and I'm 24. Feel like I'm going to cry about doing nothing with my life when I'm 30 though
Run a side business selling parts for mountain bikes. Easy $$ but also a headache cause I don't pay tax, never expected it to take off and to scared to start paying tax on it incase they check back on when I really first started. Ticking time bomb. Made around 10k off it last year.
>>
>>36549154
That's pretty sweet
>>
File: Otl Aicher Olympic Figures_2.jpg (417 KB, 928x457) Image search: [Google]
Otl Aicher Olympic Figures_2.jpg
417 KB, 928x457
>>36549108

My advice is scatter-brained, I'm tired, but:

Don't go to a design school my man. I got lucky and got a nice career out of it but I think about dying on the regular due to my debt.

Check if there are decent community college courses around...perhaps try to do a day job-shadow at local ad-agencies, watch the daily activity and pick the brains of the designers before you set into it.

/gd/ is meh, or at least it was last I checked. Couldn't hurt though.

You have to possess a lot of drive/ communication & people skills to really excel in the field.
>>
>>36548959
>mid 30's how old were you when you got in?
realistically i should be 21 when i get in
>>
>>36549130

One of my teachers helped, I started small, like less than a hundred dollars making random decisions just to see what it does
>>
>>36548645
DOMO ARIGATO MARCO ROBOTO
>>
>>36549309
>>less than 100
I can't find any broker in my country that charges less than $10 per trade
>>
>>36549166
>our
Are you an establishment republican?
>>
>>36549307
Don't you need 6 years of college before even getting to med school? That sounds like you were in the right trajectory
>>
>>36548823
Anaya!
>>
>>36549166
i was there

i followed marco since the very beginning

not sure if i'll join trump's office in the general though
>>
>>36549307
you must be in europe. in the US, the average entering med student is 24-25 years old. i was 25 years old. 4 years of med school + 5 year residency (wanted to do radiology) + 1 year fellowship (more or less required in radiology because the job market hasn't been that great since the early 2000s) means i would have been 35 years old by the time i finished school and training.
>>
>>36549314

This was like a decade & a half ago, they used to do promos like 50 trades free or somethung closr back then
>>
i literally ewhore and on the side i earn 5 usd every 15 min from staring at crackwhore 40+ year old camwhores
>>
>>36548870
Mitch?
>>
>>36548611
You take curvy pictures ?
>>
>>36548889
That's what I did. It's been a great decision so far. Keep your gpa up, network some and you'll get a job. Make sure you go to a target school, though.
>>
>>36548909
This. His idea of a "great" GPA is probably just over 2.5.
>>
File: solid_state_kyouju.jpg (116 KB, 455x332) Image search: [Google]
solid_state_kyouju.jpg
116 KB, 455x332
PhD student in physics; basicalyl just TA and research. Taking a break this summer and doing tutoring instead after publishing a paper.
>>
>>36549309
How much have you made from stocks? Would you see it more as a hobby or a full time thing? My dad does stocks on the side of his full time job and makes about $150,000 a year from the stocks. But I can't seem to understand how he makes good money from stocks while having a full time job? How much time do you spend?
>>
>>36549529
im going to a no-name program in new jersey, but they have on-campus recruiting by all big 4 plus a number of national and regional firms, plus a few big name industry firms. i think (hope) ill land a good job.
>>
>>36549600
uhh i graduated with a 3.8 GPA, but okay.
>>
>>36549600
Obviously not if he got into med school. Math is a shit degree.
>>
>>36549635
>med school accepting anyone not in premed
Lmao how gullible are you?
>>
>>36549635
>tfw i fell for the math meme

i kind of knew it was a shit degree going into it. like i said, i only did it because it let me easily fulfill med school prereqs and i liked studying it.
>>
>>36549623
As long as Big4 recruits there you're good. I didn't network at all, but have some industry experience coupled with a high gpa and got offers from every firm I applied to.
>>
>>36549643
you can major in anything you want as long as you take the prereqs and the MCAT, dipshit. i had classmates in med school with undergraduate degrees in comp sci, english, engineering, and psych.
>>
I coach gymnastics in the afternoons, and freelance web design. Odd combination but it somehow feels balanced, and I love what I do.
>>
>>36549643
You can major in whatever the fuck you want
You just have to take the required bio, chem, and physics courses and then MCAT
Side note
Pre med kids are annoying as fuck in orgo II lab, if this school wasn't making me do it I would never TA again
>>
>>36549643
Ya best be trolling boi. If not, you must be a college freshman.
>>
>>36549644
What have you done aside from course work?
What was the highest level math class you've taken?
Have you done any undergraduate research?
Have you done any co-op/internship?
Do you know any of your professors well enough that you can use them as reference?
If you haven't done any of the above then you've literally wasted your money, regardless if you're in math or otherwise. University is only good for connections.
>>
>>36548933
>automate
how do you automate the trades? python api?
>>
>>36548896
>day trading

lel
>>
>>36549675
Applying for med school and not being pre med reeks of desperation which med school's can pick up on.
>I always wanted to be a doctor even though I was computer science and then took a few chemistry classes because I didn't get any job offers
If you want to go to med school then you should be a pre-med major, if you want to go to law school you should be a pre-law major.
>>
>>36549959
you have no idea what youre talking about. undergrads shut the fuck up and get out, thanks.
>>
>>36549959
Kek. I can believe that. I'm currently in grad school for physics. I had done my physics undergrad thesis when I asked my supervisor if doing a math undergrad thesis was a good idea. He advised against it since it'd make me look indecisive. They're very particular when it comes to grad admissions, not sure how it is for med school though
>>
>>36549325
yes
all against trump now
>>
I'm a lawyer

>tfw countless studies have established that tall, strong male lawyers are the most successful, particularly with juries
>>
>>36549309
I'm 19, currently studying economics/finance and have about 3k in inherited shares and 3k in my bank. Any suggestions on where to start? My degree so far has helped understanding how the economy works etc. but not so much on actual trading
>>
I'm a resident DJ at a night club in Miami.

I don't make much money. Only enough to pay bills and a little extra from other gigs around town but I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. I had other jobs where I made more money but I was miserable as fuck.

Being self-employed has its perks. Making your own schedule is the best part of it.
>>
>>36550520
They don't teach that in finance?
>>
>>36550555
How did you get into it? How long practicing did it take before you were good enough to go on stage?
>>
Doing dual degree commerce and software engineering. Tutor kids on the side for spending money
>>
>>36550579
Economics =! commerce. Econ majors usually just graduate with a mediocre knowledge of both finance and mathematics which makes them less employable
>>
>>36550579
Eventually perhaps but at the moment I've mostly done econ subjects. So far finance has just been about the different markets and how they operate not specifics
>>
>>36549314
robinhood would be good for you
>>
>>36550597
Yeah, I realised this and so added in commerce majoring in finance as a double degree after my first year
>>
>>36548611

CS student, I'm an android development intern over the summers
>>
>>36550520

It's dangerous to believe that what you learned in an econ degree is the way the economy actually works.
>>
>>36549193
Yeah but that mountain bike stuff would all be cash in hand, use that money for food/petrol and then you won't really have to worry about declaring in in your tax
>>
>>36549445
How'd you get into this?
>>
>>36548611
I write software, simulators for militaries.
>>
>>36549661
How old/professional are we talking? Like after school 12 year olds or competitive level gymnasts
>>
>>36548611
I work for a bookstore. I keep busy enough, just wish all the fucking Asians and Beaners wouldn't leave shit everywhere.
>>
File: asrgargaewrgv.png (59 KB, 1033x628) Image search: [Google]
asrgargaewrgv.png
59 KB, 1033x628
>>36550520
Not him, but there are some trading games, which act like a simulator. You get a certain amount of money (e.g. 100k) and can invest into stuff with RL stock courses, trading fees & delays like in real investing/trading.
I'd start there and then get into investing actual money when you know your shit.

pic related, babby's first trading attempts
>>
>>36550581

I just went to the venue a lot since they got a lot of artists I liked, got to know everyone who worked there, the manager got me started DJing, I eventually got an open slot for their residency for their downstairs DJ since the other guys left and there I am now.
>>
>>36550520
I have been investing (not trading) in equities for the last 2 years. I recommend starting off by reading the intelligent investor by Ben Graham, this goes over the mindset you should develop. Your finance course will hopefully teach you how to value companies, otherwise read lots (do this anyway). Value investor club is interesting to read, not for the ideas themselves, but the methodology and what to look at.

Spend ~1.5 hours a day looking through annual reports etc. trying to put a value on companies. Don't be afraid to put some money in relatively early, skin in the game helps you learn, the worst that can happen is that you lose it all, but don't worry that is highly unlikely, anyway you are a student so any amount of money you can afford to invest and lose is nothing in the scheme of things.
>>
Making pizza while in school getting my degree in software engineering.
>>
>>36550778
Also to stay on topic. I am a Civil Engineer (3 years out of uni), most of the time I enjoy my job and I earn a decent salary with good earning potential.

Hopefully in the next 5 years my equity portfolio will supplement my income enough that I can, go back to uni and retrain to become a High School maths teacher or just take a break from work.
>>
>>36550619

Do they still have the wait list? I just applied, said I have to wait (not that guy)
>>
>>36550447
>against Trump

Hey look, a cuck!
>>
>>36548611
I do media management for a big tech company
>>
File: 3rI7pie.png (643 KB, 529x527) Image search: [Google]
3rI7pie.png
643 KB, 529x527
10k day ceo/bodybuilder pic relat
>>
>>36550797
>high school math teacher

M8 there is other things you could do with tour knowledge instead of being hated by teenage dickheads, especially with today's entitled "trigger prone" spineless shits being your students

A civil degree can get you in most areas of construction just move around if you get bored
>>
I manage a telemetry dictionary and data product catalog for a nasa mission
if you knew how incompetent nasa was, you'd wonder how we ever got to space.
>>
>>36550797
This >>36550879. In addition if you're trained as an engineer, you're very unlikely to understand what makes mathematics aesthetic, so you're just going to pass on your indifference to the subject to your students, which will do only more harm.
I suggest you go into industry for both your own and society's sake.
>>
>>36550897
Isn't all your equipment from the 80s and shit because of compatibility, like if you upgrade one piece of hardware you need to buy fifty million other new things as well?
>>
>>36548611
Marine senpai
>>
>>36550879
>>36550912

Guys I know I can do construction, the 10 hour days 6 days a week don't really do it for me though.

I actually really enjoyed maths at high school and have always enjoyed tutoring/teaching people things. I don't have a 130+ IQ so doing a math degree would have been a waste of time.. I do feel like I am smart enough to teach high school math though.

In this scenario I would likely go back to uni and study math/teaching while my investments supported me. Other option would be to do some finance/accounting papers just for the knowledge.

I feel like I am about 10 years away from being able to retire if I wanted to, however I would miss the social aspect of work. I would also want to spend my time doing something not too intense (or worrying that I fucked something up and there will be a landslide, fucking geotech man) while helping people.

Anyway rant over.
>>
IT (cloud) support "engineer"
>>
>>36550992
dat teen booty tho
>>
>>36548909
>math is a great degree

he actaully fell for the meme
>>
>>36551141
haha, self control would need to be on point... something I am actually worried about
>>
>>36551152
You gonna answer >>36549824 or what? Or are you just going to spout the same trite bullshit every post?
>>
>>36550778
>>36550712
Sweet. Thank for the help lads
>>
>>36548611
i basically am an accountant 4 months a year for a company who has a contract with pubblic amministration for taxes finacial assistance...
dunno, feel kinda like it's messed up that the state pay a company who use me ( i often have no clue at all about how law really works) in order to help people to pay taxes...shithole i live in
>>
>>36550658
All bank deposits. Run an online store. I made 10k, so that's around 20k of deposits (50% mark up)
>>
I teach ESL classes to adults, mostly individual lessons. I'm paid by the hour, financially it is not very good and most of all I can't plan things in advance. This is why I still can't move out of my parents. The demand for my work will be here (contintenal Europe) pretty much forever though.
>>
phd

i am NEVER leaving college. the real world is way too scary
>>
>>36548611
I work in a bank, mostly doing OKYB/C checks for business customers. Was interesting at first but now it's boring.

My career so far has been in banks only, not sure what else I could do. It' not that bad.
>>
>>36548611
wtf no one is a pusher?
i sell recreational drugs and hold a steady job coordinating european funfmds for a certain branch of education. it's a desk job with decent travel time
>>
>>36549855
why the fuck does he need that? he says that he buys below value and sells at a predefined threshold, that sounds more like fundamental trading or, considering the fact that he buys blue chips, investing (assuming long term)
you dont need python for that, you just place an order at an online broker that activates at a certain price
>>
Software.

I'm making financial gains, bro!
>>
>>36551628
This t bh, my plan is BA > MSt > DPhil > comfy academia
>>
>Accountant for a software company
>35k

It's ok, laid back mostly. Just there until I finish my degree and can move to a bigger firm.
>>
>>36548611
Gambling. Earning enough to not have to work for the rest of my life.
>>
Too much for too little.

Currently learning to code to get a better paying job.
>>
>>36548611
Sysadmin for multiple clients
From 1man companies to companies with 100s of employees
>>
Software Engineer/Tech Consultant. I'm getting ready to leave that for a data scientist job.

Boss with a brand new MBA wants to micro manage software projects. I may an hero if I have write up another UML diagram for a email subscription dialog.
>>
Currently working in a shit-tier IT service desk position

I am contemplating doing a BIT because it would cost me like $4k all up for the entire thing, plus my room mate did it a while ago and works as a network security engineer for some software dev company, so...

I mean in my country (NZ) the jobs are everywhere and there is constantly a shortage, so it wouldn't be a bad choice. It's either than or stay in the current job wasting away.

I heard data science was good too, but who knows, I doubt the degree would be that relevant but I don't see any reason I couldn't learn about it while studying anyway.
>>
File: 1456279702639.jpg (18 KB, 450x367) Image search: [Google]
1456279702639.jpg
18 KB, 450x367
I have no job atm because I'm afraid people will see me as a failure. I prefer to not act than to make bad choices but I know no action is a choice in itself. I will probably do an hero when the money runs out. That way I don't have to make any decision, and the failure won't matter.
>>
Zookeeper in SoCal. Rhinos and giraffes under my care. Pay is okay since I'm in a union.
>>
>>36548611
ᵀʰᶦˢ ᶦˢ ˢᵒ ˢᵐᵃᶫᶫ ᵗᵒ ʳᵉᵃᵈ ᵉᵛᵉᶰ ᶠᵒʳ ʸᵒᵘ ᵇʳᵒ⋅ ᴰᵒᶰᵗ ᵗʳʸ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵒᶰᵗᶦᶰᵘᵉ ʳᵉᵃᵈᶦᶰᵍ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵉʸᵉˢ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗ ᵗᵒ ʰᵘʳᵗ ˢᵒᵒᶰ ᶦᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵒᶰᵗ ˢᵗᵒᵖ⋅ ᵂʰʸ ᵈᵒᶰᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵗᵒᵖ?⋅⋅⋅⋅ᵍᵒ ᵃʷᵃʸ ᵇʳᵒ ᵃᶰᵈ ʳᵉᵃᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᶰᵉˣᵗ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉᶰᵗ⋅ ˢᵗᵒᵖ ʳᵉᵃᵈᶦᶰᵍ ᵃᶫʳᵉᵃᵈʸ! ᴵ ˢᵉᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵒᶰᵗ ʷᵃᶰᶰᵃ ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ʳᵉᵃᵈᶦᶰᵍ?⋅⋅⋅ʷᵉᶫᶫ ᵒᵏ, ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵒᶰ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ, ᵇᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢʰᵒᵘᶫᵈ ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ʷᵃˢᵗᶦᶰᵍ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ˢᵗʳᵉˢˢᶦᶰᵍ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵉʸᵉˢ ᵗʰᵒ
>>
I'm a carpenter, I have my own workshop. Mostly it's repairing or repainting or varnishing old furniture, but sometimes I get to make all new shit which I love (unless the customer is a retard who doesn't know their shit and want some stupid garbage).

The best thing about it is I can charge whatever the fuck I want, although most of the time I'm pretty fair if the customer is cool. The worst thing is that the business is very slow at the moment.

Motherfuck Ikea.
>>
>>36548611
marketing consultant / data scientist, inconsequential and the money is reasonable
>>
File: Snapchat-1139997379715175523.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1139997379715175523.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
> poker

Making a lot of money and lots of travels. Also working on a start up that's going to be huge.
>>
i really wish i had a job

neet life for almost 2 years

i dont know how to get one, maybe im too retarded
>>
Software developer/sysad
I get to browse 4chan all day.
>>
Software engineer. Best decision ever
>>
>>36549621
No him but making money from the market isn't particularly time consuming.

It just depends on the time frame you have on your trades. If you are a high frequency trader or a pattern day trader, then you need to be on tops of your models/algos and monitoring the news. Time frames longer than that require simply knowing a company well and have an overview of the world economy evry few days.

Of course the money depends on how much you start with, your leverage, and how big your risks are.
>>
>>36552144
do you have a website/etsy?

I'd happily buy shit from a /fit/bro, and there are a few things I need
>>
>>36552173
>Also working on a start up that's going to be huge.
Just like that one start up, and that other one.
Top kek
>>
>>36552198
Nah, I like to keep things old school. I don't even have a smartphone.
>>
>>36552203
The difference is that I have a lot of resources, network and money to succeed. Will post here when it's launched.
>>
File: 1456341965818.jpg (157 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1456341965818.jpg
157 KB, 960x960
Anyone know of any other lucrative things to do like OP, Uber, streaming or whatever?
>>
File: 4233423.jpg (28 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
4233423.jpg
28 KB, 600x400
>tfw they actually pay you to deadlift every day
>>
>>36552224
g4p
>>
>>36552207
that's neat i suppose, but youre just putting yourself at a disadvantage

people further away than your immediate area might want to buy the things you make, like myself
>>
>>36548896
Average annual returns and starting captial?
>>
Work as a senior commodities manager for a big 4 UK bank, mainly oil/gas/metals /minerals. Got into it after a talent programme out of an engineering degree at university. Long hours but 6 figure salary so happy with that - sadly all my colleagues are old fucks who don't lift or do anything except go to the pub.

Want to get out of the UK though, market is tough. Looking to open a trade finance boutique in the middle east etc.
>>
File: dalai-lama-laugh.jpg (34 KB, 483x322) Image search: [Google]
dalai-lama-laugh.jpg
34 KB, 483x322
>>36552038
>programmer with an anally intrusive boss
I understand and laugh at you.
>>
>tfw interning as a hedge fund accountant this summer

Wanting to move into front office banking when I graduate from university though
>>
>>36552372
Also didn't mention I'm 27 years old, depressed and have no time to even spend the money I make
>>
>>36552395
HSBC or Barclays?
>>
>>36552395

Just do that for a few years, save up and then just pursue something that you enjoy and can afford to make fuck all money out of until you get good and learn the ropes. That's what my mum did, she earns very little these days but she's happier than she ever was in her old job
>>
I repair hydraulic cylinders. I don't make a lot of money, but I enjoy the work. I like metal and oil and tools and all that.
>>
>>36549959
I don't even know what the fuck you are talking about when you say "pre-med". Majoring in a subject that may be related to biology, chemistry, or psychology? ... if you take the requisite classes it doesn't fucking matter you can be a mechanical engineer and got to med school. Source: My girlfriend goes to a top 5 med school in the US... was not "pre-med" whatever the fuck that is? Do they offer a real "pre-med" major in shitty schools?
>>
>>36550897
>if you knew how incompetent nasa was, you'd wonder how we ever got to space.
The Soviet Union got us in space, NASA just made sure we could keep up.
>>
>>36552144
Ikea is fucking great... i'm not trying so spend no money on no shit

having said that I am a machinist and shit is slow for me too atm.. it's picking up though... for some reason election years are always bretty shitty..
>>
I do internet surveys since I live with my parents, it's actually pretty good, made like 200 USD this month which is more than enough to cover the gym
>>
I own a boat club in south Florida.
>>
>>36548611
Auditor after I graduate.
>>
>>36552559
>having said that I am a machinist and shit is slow for me
Can't you like, make the train go faster if it's slow?
>>
>>36553099

Same. What firm are you going with?
>>
>>36553128
RSM/McGladry
>>
Software Architect

I also let several houses and co-own a vineyard as a side business.
>>
London Cop

get paid to train in the gym for 2 hours at the start of every shift, then go out and hassle crims.

make around £50k + overtime, shits cash bro
>>
>>36548954
I can do that. Wooh
>>
>>36552372
Train me breh im down.....
>>
>>36553093
that sounds smart
>>
won the lottery last year
currently trying to find my meaning for life
>>
>>36552129
SD zoo?
>>
>>36553821
It's really cool, good money and very little work for me. Did require I get a loan of about $800K to get started though. I just started to be profitable after 1 year of building it.
>>
>>36549154
Howd you get a job doing that brah? I live in Florida as well and was going to volunteer at a national park nearby to get experience and hope to make some connections.
>>
>>36553174
>risking your life for change
>>
>>36553921
big money takes big risks. good on you, anon
>>
File: DonaldTrumpGOPdebate.png (1 MB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
DonaldTrumpGOPdebate.png
1 MB, 1200x630
>>36553921
mfw you didn't get $1m
>>
Underground gold mining
>>
2nd Lieutenant in our local police force
>>
>>36548911
Literal beta autist.
>>
Electrical engineer private research
250k a year.
>not fit though
>>
>>36550918
this is true, but only for flight software..
it has some, but little impact on what I do
>>
>>36551720
>comfy
Lmao delusional undergrad.
>>
>>36548611
Edward Jones financial advisor here

Love my job
>>
>>36548870
I talked to a cop and he said you couldn't smoke bud for 3 years. And could never have done lsd. I've done both (smoked about half a year ago) and (lsd about two years ago) how tf can they prove that I've done it on a polygraph?
>>
>>36557102

Just lie you fucking faggot
>>
>all these college kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_GruNNmbKM
>>
File: 1401524026625.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
1401524026625.gif
2 MB, 384x216
>>36557126
Wow don't be so mean you neckbeard fuck
>>
>>36548611
Roofing meme
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 800x800
>>36557222
>>
Kindergarten
>>
Currently working towards my doctorate in physical therapy. The information is practical and the job is fulfilling, but the pay still isn't enough for the amount of debt I'll be in. Been thinking of even trying something like getting a quick minor in C.S but I have no idea how smart that is. My friend is about to graduate with a degree in C.S and has secured a job that pays 125k..
>>
>tfw 25 and still have don't know what I want to do for a job

I've tried a couple of different things, and all I've figured out is that I want to do something to help people. Maybe something to help people who took a trip to snap city. But it feels like I'm running out of time and going back to school is too late.
>>
>>36548611
Own an advertising agency with 24 employees.

25 years old and finally getting into /fit/ now that I have paid dearly for the 4 years it took to get business and cashflow steady enough for me to let go for an hour.
>>
Ski Paramedic during winter and spring and woodland firefighter during the summer. I like it, but should probably settle down at some point with a fire department.
>>
>>36557298
>Getting a doctorate in something viewed as a glorified nurse

You dun goofed.
>>
>>36552374
Thank you for the motivation sir. Just updated my resume and going to call HR about transferring my pension to a personal IRA.
>>
Poker player 3 tables 500 zoom. Only do bodyweight training so far.. want to do the big 3 every other week but no gym partner and would probably have terrible form.
>>
Anyone here managed to find a good paying career after the age of 25? hard mode: no degree
>>
>>36559634
You can work on an oil rig, no education required, and make around 50 to 60k starting.
>>
>>36548611
i work at a before and after school program mostly with spoiled brats until a teaching job opens up
>>
>>36548795
Thinking about doing a quick year of schooling and jumping into a Pharmacy Tech position, bad idea?
>>
Historian (in training) getting my PhD by the end of the year, and writing up my thesis as we speak. gonna do some original research with my mentor at the soviet archives in Warsaw.
>>
>>36548611
Mapping satellite images for sports and video games, takes maybe 4 hours a day, do it from home. Pays roughly 30k a year, but leaves room open for school and other work. Instead I cycle and gain like the natty god I am.
>>
>>36553068
what site do you use to make so much?
>>
>>36551856

I gamble full-time too, left my job at the end of last month. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of gambling do you do? I trade football (divegrass) games in-play for reference

>>36552222

Quads confirm
>>
>>36559634
I am 27 now but I started my career making military simulators when I was 22.
>>
i dont, i bought around 50 btc when they got popular out(for less than a thousand) and without my savings i have around 500k right now
>>
>>36548823
ayyy lmao
>>
grad student (math phd). I don't really have many commitments other than teaching a few classes and going to some meetings. other than that I make my own schedule and get all this free shit from the university.

it's pretty great, I don't want a real job
>>
>>36560681
Did you get 300k starting?
>>
>>36560685
don't have the degree yet son

>some day
>>
>>36549363

What was he like? Marco I mean.
>>
>>36548823

If the sub breached the surface this fast, wouldn't everyone inside the sub go fucking flying?
>>
>>36560681
Math grad? What's your field of study?
>>
I'm a tree climber/trimmer. I work full-time for power line clearance (butchering) and pick up a decent amount of private work on the side. Pretty good money with no degree, but hell on the body. Planning on getting into the local Carpenter's Union sometime this year and continuing to do tree work on the side.
>>
File: 1457492392951.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1457492392951.png
39 KB, 321x322
>>36548611
You're a giant monitor?
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.