[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What cardio do you do to supplement your lifting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: 1442839605511.png (346 KB, 381x426) Image search: [Google]
1442839605511.png
346 KB, 381x426
What cardio do you do to supplement your lifting?
>>
running 5k on rest days, what else?
>>
>>36544907
this is a good answer
>>
>>36544872
Walking. When it's nice I just powerwalk for about 30-60 minutes a day, in winter (which last 6 fucking months in Canada) I use the treadmill and pic a speed/elevation that keeps my heartrate ~150.
>>
I walk 8-10 miles 5 days a week for my job as a postman.
>>
>>36544922
hi Brad
>>
Long walks in the morning with my roommate's dog
>>
>>36544922
Which country? I got hired in Canada as a letter carrier right out of highschool and it was the best fucking job ever – great pay, active, and rewarded merit (finishing a 6 hour walk in 4 hours meant you were still paid for the full 6). Got laid off a few years later, but a man can reminisce. I don't know why I'm mentioning this.

OP walking is good cardio, sometimes I also blast a 2k ERG row before and after I lift.
>>
>>36544872
Riding a bike and hitting a sandbag are my favorites.
>>
Catabolic
Anabolic

PICK ONE
>>
Virtual Spinning
>>
>>36544989

UK, for a relatively unskilled job, the pay is great and the job is all round awesome. I love it.

>>36544941
Negative.
>>
>>36544872
started doing that couch to 5k on the treadmill a while back, but now that it's spring I can't fucking wait to bring my bike out for rips by the river.

at least the app got my an 8 min mile
>>
I like to mix it up. I walk an hour a day (30 minutes to/from work) and then either bike or run. Sometimes I'll do sprints and shit if I'm feeling it, but usually not.
>>
20 min bike ride to and from the gym (40 min total)
>>
Rowing intervals
Rowing 10ks
Spinning intervals
Farmer carry running stairs intervalled

Basically lots of intervals , not too much steady state stuff
>>
>>36544872
30 minutes of interval training fapping each day
>>
Biking because Dutchfag
5k on rest days, sometimes 10k when on a cut
>>
>>36544872
Rowing
Rucking/ Hiking
Barefoot running
>>
Sets of more than 5 are littered into my lifting program
>>
random hiking with dogbro and chicks like almost everyday.
1.5h-2 h medium pace cardio 2x a week
40 min intense intervall cardio 2x a week
liftan 4-5 days a week
>>
>>36544907
good warmup imo
>>
>>36545050
>he doesnt know cardio kills gains is a meme
>>
Swim with a friend twice a week. Still getting good at it, though, so it barely counts.
>>
>>36545785
swimming is god-tier cardio
>>
I do cardio everyday, and make increases weekly.The bad part is, I've been skipping squats and deadlift because it drains me and my running performance is basically halved for the session. I'm on a cut right now, if it matters.
>>
official /fit/ approved cardio tier list:

god tier: wingate, prowler/sled
mid tier: rower, airdyne, car pushes/pulls
low tier: elliptical, sprinting
shit tier: crossfit and everything else
>>
>>36544907
That's the way to go.
>>
>>36545919
swimming isn't god tier? what are you, nigger faggot?
>>
>>36545057
Cecil?
>>
>>36546218
Swimming, because it's done with the body flat (vs. vertical) with less gravity acting on the body including it's cardiovascular system- tends to produce a lower cardiac output (HR and stroke volume) than other modalities. If you're a very inefficient swimmer, you may flail around and indeed have a higher heart rate than your efficient, well trained (swum?) counterpart. Conversely, if you're a well trained swimmer you may be able to push intensity through the roof via increasing stroke rate, force, etc. Still, the overall heart rate and cardiovascular stress is lower than in other modalities- in general. If we're using HIIT to improve conditioning, BMR, etc. then swimming is not what I'd consider first line conditioning unless you're a swimmer or a triathlete. In short, the higher the motor skill required for a conditioning modality, the lower the intensity.

2) If someone is not very efficient at swimming, lots of muscular energy and fatigue is accumulated by just about any volume of the activity. This has implications on strength training and performance- especially when there are other modalities available.

3) The force output in swimming is much lower than dragging a heavy sled, doing a wingate, etc. which can actually increase muscle hypertrophy and strength.

4) Swimming does have applications in lower back/hip rehab and active recovery, but I think there are better options for those who are not swimmers or triathletes.
>>
>>36545919
>>36546270
ur a gigantic nerdy faggot
>>
>>36545919
Rowing and swimming should be god tier you humongous faggot.
>>
bike 30 miles a week
>>
I run 1-1.5km before lifting. Then finish my session with 2km rowing. I'm 120kg of fat, which is why the distances are so low.
>>
30 minutes low intensity cardio every day. I keep my heart at around 145bmp
>>
Boxing drills 2/3 x 1hr a week
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 631x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 631x429
>>36546270
Is this bait? Are you actually not acknowledging the cardio of patricians?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.