[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why hasn't HafThor won anything significant yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Inbredible Hulk.jpg (613 KB, 641x903) Image search: [Google]
Inbredible Hulk.jpg
613 KB, 641x903
Ok, so everyone made a big deal about this guy when he first showed up because his is almost 7ft and over 400 pounds and has abs and stuff. Thor's even taller than Brian Shaw, and younger etc.. etc...

Well so far Hafthor's big ass Inbred frame hasn't won anything.

Is it possible that being a 7ft giant really ISN'T that good for strength?

He's been roiding and growth hormoning for almost 6 years now and still cannot OHP 450+ or DL 1000 +, while other younger guys like Radz and Lalas have already surpassed him.

Is it possible he's only good at retard strength events like throwing objects for distance and height. In his mind does he go "Weeeeeeeee!" as he tosses them into the air?

Why is he not even able to OHP 15% more than his bodyweight?

Ok, he's the tallest top 10 strongman, and has visible abs. Is there ANYTHING else notable about him?

Besides his last 10 generations have probably been closer related than first cousins?
>>
He's pretty aesthetic. That's all that matters.
>>
>>36543469
>one of the 4 best strongmen in the world
He's terrible! -anon

Come on lad, you're being ridiculous
>>
>>36543469
I really don't know a lot about strongman. I had assumed it was because he was still young, but according to you there are younger guys who are currently doing better. Anything to do with him taking off a lot of time and acting? I would imagine that would seriously affect your strongman training, since most of the top guys treat it like a full time job. Or does the benefit of size really not carry over that much past 6.5ft tall? I dunno, in.
>>
A lot of the icelandic strongmen are disapointed in him. THey say he could easily win if he worked harder and was more dedicated, but hafthor is more interested in being famous/making money.
>>
>>36543469
He is strong, but he's just a meme competitor to get normie views.

He won't ever be a champion like Shaw or Zydrunas because he lacks the mindset, the intelligence, and the focus.
>>
>won europe's strongest man twice in a row
>top 3 in world's strongest man four years in a row
>nothing notable
>>
>>36543542
>hafthor is more interested in being famous/making money
can you blame him? He's become an icon just for being big, it got him a role on le epic Game of Thrones best meme TV show evar, and now there's an obsession with him. He's more enjoyable to look at than most strongmen, and that seems to be doing him good.

Besides, being a physical icon will probably not cause his body to break down as fast as doing Strongman work as hard as he can to be the best.
>>
>>36543469
He's got incredible potential he needs to put on 10-20 more pounds of muscle and he will be unbeatable he placed either third or 4th at WSM 2015 and Big Z is on his way out Halfthor is gonna have his time pretty soon
>>
>>36543599
not to mention that his popularity will make a ton of new people check out strongman competitions. if they care about strongman events they should see this as an opportunity instead of being pissed
>>
He is really young, that's why. Shaw and Savickas are 35-40 and hafthor is 26 or something and he is competing with them.
Let him train for 10 years and lets see who's the champion then.
>>
>>36543638

he won't be in it in another 10 years. He's said a bunch of times he plans to be done competing after age 32 and that the first thing he will do is drop 100 pounds of bodyweight and focus on cardio.

So he has only 6 years to win the WSM, and possibly and Arnold Classic.

He needs to pull his head out of his ass and train hard year round in order to add another 20 pounds to his OHP and another 40 to his DL.

The carry over from that would be enough to help him even further dominate the dynamic/speed events.

He just needs to focus year round, not have fun 6 months out of the year and then Roid up in December-March as he likely does to Prep for the Arnold Classic and WSM.

Those 6 months he dicks around in the offseason, May-December, he could be making steady gains.
>>
>>36543469

INBRED-IBLE

> that legit made me laugh

> Iceniggers are inbred af
>>
he's not that strong
>>
File: Inbredible Hulk.jpg (608 KB, 641x903) Image search: [Google]
Inbredible Hulk.jpg
608 KB, 641x903
>>36543469

oops meant to make the "B" red...

I fucked my own meme..

I must be part Icelandic
>>
>>36543469
>still cannot DL 1000
i dont think you realize how much 1000lbs actually is
>>
>>36545362

At his level its a REQUIREMENT to move up a couple of ranks to the top spot.

So is OHPing 480+ consistently with BOTH the log and Axle
>>
>>36543545
>intelligence
Zydrunas is very close to potato level
>>
>>36546228
he doesn't speak english
>>
>>36546061

Its not. Z can't pull a grand. Shaw can't pull a grand on a regular deadlift bar.

The only guys who can consistently are guys who've never won a WSM - Hall and Bennie.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.