[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tired all the time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: blog-25-why-am-i-so-tired.jpg (54 KB, 960x400) Image search: [Google]
blog-25-why-am-i-so-tired.jpg
54 KB, 960x400
Ever since I started lifting I'm tired all of the time. Anyone else experience this. How the fuck do I stop being so god damn exhausted all the time.
>>
>>36541859
What's your sleep routine look like? Prep for bed, length of time in bed, etc.
>>
might be working out too much- was doing ice cream fitness every other day for a while and made great gains but started feeling that way, killed my libido, etc. i backed off a bit and have been feeling better.

Also, I think sleeping too much is just as bad as sleeping too little. I feel better on 7 or so hours than i did on 9.
>>
>>36541859
Just keep going anon, it gets easier, actually you are going to get more energetic with time.
>>
I was in a similar position OP. I thought exercise was supposed to make you more sleepy, but it just made me tired. I do get a better night's sleep because it forces me to.
There really aren't good alternatives other than just sleeping more, or taking more naps during the day. Caffeine will only prolong the inevitable need to sleep.
>>
>>36541859

Coke, if you can afford it

If you can't, amphetamines work nicely
>>
>>36541859
When are you working out? How much physical activity you do at work?

I work GY, and tried to work out before work...all that did was get me tired by the last third of my workday and have to drag myself to my car.

I work out after my workday and it burns off excess caffeine, makes me sleepy, and winds my day down.

It may be as simple as when you start your workout.
>>
>>36541859
This feel tired as fuck even if I get 8,10,12 hours of sleep
>>
20-30 minutes of running on off. Eat a lot and varied. Don't eat candy at all.

5 minutes of sprinting before lifting will also help motivate and energize you.
>>
>>36541859
L-arginine, son
>>
>>36542397
*running on off days
Brushing teeth in the morning will help wake you up cuz mint.
Do quick push ups and jump squats in the morning if your body feels heavy.
>>
>>36541859
are you b12 deficient?
>>
>>36541859

> Lifts
> sleep 5-6 hours
> faps everyday
> wonders why he is low energy

I see this too often
>>
>>36541859
Are you eating right? energy in energy out bro
>>
>>36541952
>it burns off excess caffeine
>>
File: 1458712603519.png (270 KB, 480x476) Image search: [Google]
1458712603519.png
270 KB, 480x476
>>36541859

if you have depression or you're a neurotic anon like most others, you might have hypersomnia. solution: none. or copious amounts of provigil/adderall.
>>
>>36542483
6 hours is the max you should be sleeping as a healthy, physically and sexually active young man.

>>36541859
I'm assuming you're not a total piece of shit and actually eating a full range of nutrition on a given day.
If you've been losing weight you're on a calorie deficiency.
If you lose too much weight on a weekly basis it's called a crash diet.
The body while burning fat is constantly in a stressed and never restful state.

Before you listen to any of the pseudo doctors on here, check your calorie intake.

50-100 calories is the most you should be taking off your diet weekly, and it needs to be closer to the 50 marker.
You're suppose to lose 1lb of fat weekly.

So have you suddenly lost 6-10lbs of fat in the last month?
>>
I was always tired, lifting or not lifting. Sleeping load or sleeping little. Might be underlying depression, might be light narcolepsy (my uncle has legit narcolepsy). Anyway, since I discovered modafinil I feel like a champ. Awesome stuff.
Fuck all that amphetamine stuff like adhd medication, that shit isn't good for you in the long run.
>>
>>36543002
>6 hours is the max you should be sleeping as a healthy, physically and sexually active young man.
>6 hours
>while studies say that 6 hours is the bare minimum and might even increase risk of heart disease.
>>
My problem
>work outside get lots of sunlight
>lift, get enough protein and carbs
>probably need more fruit and veg
>sleep 7 hours and wake up fine in the morning, but feel dead after two hours and need more sleep
>sleep 8-11 hours and feel lethargic all day

This just started recently, and my diet has been like this for years so I doubt it's that
>>
>>36543045
Also, probably unrelated, but sometimes I jack off in my sleep, touch my gf, and even have sex with her. Used to sleepwalk as a child.
>>
>>36543033
>studies have shown that sleeping more than 6 hours can
>lead to diabetes
>heart disease
>neurological impairment
>depression
>weight gain
Fixed it for you kid
If you need more than 6 hours of sleep you're one of the following.
1. Low test
2. Overexerting yourself
3. on a huge calorie decline
4. poor nutrition in general
It's a sign generally that you don't give a shit about your body and you have to make up for it by sleeping more to make up for the fact you're not taking care of it.
>>
>>36543094
Well, those points don't apply to me and I still need aprox 7 hours of sleep to feel good during the day. I tried 6 hours for a while but it just fuck me up after doing it for like a week.
>>
>>36543094

stop shitposting some dumb kid is going to believe you
>>
>>36541859
Zma
>>
>>36541859
You're either not eating or sleeping enough. I guarantee that.
>>
>>36543094

Shut the fuck up you dumb nigger you have 0 idea what you're babbling about
>>
>>36543002
So for once it's a good thing that I am not sexually active?
>>
>>36541859
Drink more water and sleep 7-9 hours a night.

Same problem once upon a time, fixed now.
>>
>>36541859
Also don't listen to the dumbfucks talking about 6 hours of sleep. The young male body needs at least 7 hours of sleep. Recommended 8-9.

I've studied on this shit in school
>>
>>36541859
sleep more you fag
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.