[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did /fit/ meet their gym buddy? Been going solidly for about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1451916760573.jpg (147 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
1451916760573.jpg
147 KB, 600x480
How did /fit/ meet their gym buddy?

Been going solidly for about a year now and still no regular dude to lift with. Sometimes it's a little hard to focus and it'd probably help to have some random guy slap my ass and tell me to lift moar.
>>
Where you from, I'd lift with you, sure there are people here who would
>>
Gym buddies are shit.

Unless they share the same exact goals and are just as autistic as you they will only hold you back.

GO play team sports if you're such a normie that you need others to lift with you, normiefaggot.
>>
>>36540717
you probably don't have one or have a really shitty one. it's pretty nice to have someone to always hold you to your word of increasing your bench 5lbs. this week, even if you don't feel ready for it.
also nice to have somebody to have a sweet handy brosesh in the sauna, weekends only as we both agreed ejaculating post-workout limits protein synthesis
>>
>>36540703
Where are you anon? I'll randomly slap your ass and tell you to put an extra 2 1/2 on each side.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1436189128760.jpg (37 KB, 736x629) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1436189128760.jpg
37 KB, 736x629
Both in the same unit in the army. We're all fitness oriented anyway because it's part of the job, and we are best friends so it just worked out.
>>
Am i the only one who hates to lift with other people?

I am asked to workout with someone all the fucking time because i made insane gains, and it fucking annoys me.

Whenever i workout with one of my buds, my workouts end up being completely shit tier 3/10.

I like to occasionally talk to people, but for no longer than 2 minutes.
>>
>>36541815
Fuck lifting with other people.
>>
File: 1457063654687.jpg (46 KB, 640x613) Image search: [Google]
1457063654687.jpg
46 KB, 640x613
>>36541815
>>36541837
Fucking nerds
>>
>>36541815
I hate it aswell, takes way too long, i always have too much time to recover, never end up pushing myself hard. I like having a snack post lift with friends, but if im lifting, leave me alone dawg
>>
>>36540703
>I was a skinny fat guy, two years ago. Decide to go running, because 50 year's old colleague can do IronMan or Ultra Trail, and i'm not able to run more than 2 km at 6km/h.
> Talk about it to a friend. Tell me that it will join me with one of his friend who's fit
>Our common friend leave running, we continue
>He returns to gym one year ago, decide to stop running because he's getting heavy (not fat)
>Decide to go to a gym two month ago, he told me that's it's a good way to leave my "coward body" :D
>He has more experience than me, so that's helpful
We don't lift everytime together, but if you talk with other persons to the gym, they are plenty of people ready to assist you.
>>
>>36542246
Also, that's intersting for correcting your posture. For exemple, i squat since i go the gym, and i ask him to film me. That's how i discovered that i make the fucking butt wink while squatting. Also, other guys told me how to correct my back position during lifting. If you're alone, you can't see if your position is really correct or if you're cheating/injuring yourself.
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
>>36540703
>tfw lifting with my best friend who i've known for 9 years
>he's stronger than me but we're on the same page
>motivate eachother

feels good man
>>
>>36540703
work.
we saw each other at the gym a couple times and recognized each other from work.
we eventually started going to the gym together.

people don't go to the gym to socialize with strangers.
stop thinking this is common
>>
>>36540703
is that picture numbered 1-6 because it actually took 6 months to get there, or is it just stating the obvious?

if it's actually 6 months, that's pretty insane
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.