[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting strength skip deadift?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Germany_Poland_Locator.png (63 KB, 1217x974) Image search: [Google]
Germany_Poland_Locator.png
63 KB, 1217x974
I just started going to the gym 2 weeks ago and was hoping to do the SS routine but I just couldn't nail the form on deadlifts, is there any alternative for it?

Also wondering if SS is best for weak skinnyfat body as I heard it puts on a lot of fat and I mainly just want an aesthetic body.
>>
Try lighter weight
>>
File: 1422587549894.jpg (41 KB, 432x576) Image search: [Google]
1422587549894.jpg
41 KB, 432x576
>>36539942

>I heard it puts on a lot of fat and I mainly just want an aesthetic body.
>>
>SS puts on a lot of fat

gomad is not part of the program and it's only recommended for skeletons. you're not a skeleton, don't drink a gallon of milk a day.
>>
>>36539942
>>36539971
You're thinking of gomad, it's for super skellys who can't eat enough food to get over their tdee so they dirty bulk with a gallon of whole fat milk daily
>>
>>36539942
>skipping the best exercise
Confirmed for never making it

Jokes aside, try starting with a lower weight and if necessary raising it up with other plates
>>
Try reading the book first, you massive fucking retard
>>
>>36539942
Keep doing deadlifts until you nail form. SS does not make you fat, eating shitty food does. There are literally 5 queues that should make your form consistent:

>Bar just above shoelaces (the knot)
>Hands gently on bar
>Gently place shins against bar
>Pull the "slack" out of your arms (don't lift the bar)
>Brace core, "chest up" like you're trying to show off a pair of boobs

Lift. The bar should basically be scraping against your shins throughout the initial pull
>>
>>36539942

Candito has a pretty good video on deadlifts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6UgD1H_AXw

Try to figure out exactly where the problem is. It's really hard to give you any advice without any more details about how your form is bad.
>>
File: 3333444.jpg (461 KB, 813x750) Image search: [Google]
3333444.jpg
461 KB, 813x750
>>36539942
>puts on a lot of fat
>>
>I heard it puts on a lot of fat

This is your fucking fault, /fit/
>>
OP's pic is random on a completely another level
>>
>>36539978
Okay so I should stick with rice, pasta, veggies and lean meat.

I go to the gym really early in the morning at 6:30am, will that cause any issues?
>>
I've seen people do Pendlay rows in place of deadlifts, but I recommend you just figure it out and do deadlifts instead. They are such a good exercise and really not that hard to do safely as long as you check your ego at the door and don't lift more than you should. Try filming yourself, maybe someone at the gym can give you some pointers.
>>
>>36540084

You are not an olympic contestant or any kind of professional athlete, so just do what suits you and makes it convenient and fun for you. No point in overthinking it.
>>
>>36540052
Maybe it's referring to the invasion of Poland by the Nazi Germany (so SS→SchutzStaffel).
>>
>>36540084
If you don't do it reagularly it could be a problem cuz you're just not used to it. If it's a habit it should be no problem.
>>
Alright thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it, will continue to work on deadlift form.
>>
>>36540203
Oh fuck sorry one more thing, what order do you hys do SS? I. Just following the layout set in the /fit/ sticky with squats first every time.
>>
>>36539942
No reason to be alive if you can't do deadlifts. But seriously it's the easiest to nail, work on mobility. How can you call yourself strong if you can't even pick something up form the floor, the most basic of human movements?
>>
>>36540213
No other way to do it.
>>
>>36540213

Yeah, that's correct.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.